Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #2386
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Just a FYI....

I was just able to order our magic bands on MDE. We arrive on Sept. 6 - 15. So I guess they are testing in the month of Sept.

Laura
Did you get this offer through email? Or Disney web site?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #2387
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

We loved are stay there and hope to be back there again.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #2388
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Did you get this offer through email? Or Disney web site?

No, I was on MDE and click on magic bands and it said to order now. So I did. No email or invite. But they are now ordered and another thing off my list to do. Just go on and check it out.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #2389
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:

No, I was on MDE and click on magic bands and it said to order now. So I did. No email or invite. But they are now ordered and another thing off my list to do. Just go on and check it out.

Laura
That is how it worked with us for our trip next week. We customized and received our Magic Bands before receiving the invite. As many others have indicated we received both an email and snail mail letter invite exactly 17 days out from our trip.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #2390
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I am so excited and happy! I got some pixie dust I e mailed Disney World and told them how disappointed I am that my room type does not qualify for a room discount or free dining. I am staying at Bay Lake Tower in a one bed room theme park view October 27th - Nov 3rd. I told them of all the extras we are doing such as the desserts party and BBB and Hoop Dee Doo review. So Sunday I received a call and the caller ID said Disney Art Animation. I answered and a wonderful man named Korbitt told me they were giving me free dining!! This made my day. I was on the phone for 2 hours on August 1st trying to get either discount and was told no. So never give up. If your room does not qualify keep trying. So Happy I did.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #2391
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
I am so excited and happy! I got some pixie dust I e mailed Disney World and told them how disappointed I am that my room type does not qualify for a room discount or free dining. I am staying at Bay Lake Tower in a one bed room theme park view October 27th - Nov 3rd. I told them of all the extras we are doing such as the desserts party and BBB and Hoop Dee Doo review. So Sunday I received a call and the caller ID said Disney Art Animation. I answered and a wonderful man named Korbitt told me they were giving me free dining!! This made my day. I was on the phone for 2 hours on August 1st trying to get either discount and was told no. So never give up. If your room does not qualify keep trying. So Happy I did.
Awesome!!! Another example of why we are all Disney fans. Enjoy your stay and hope the pixie dust stays with you the rest of the trip.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #2392
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!!! Once I had a call show up on my caller ID from Hollywood Studios, lol! It was a CM making a bad situation right

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #2393
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just a FYI....

I was just able to order our magic bands on MDE. We arrive on Sept. 6 - 15. So I guess they are testing in the month of Sept.

Laura

Congrats, I am hoping we get them for the end of October.

DMe DH DD3 DD21 DD21's Boyfriend

Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #2394
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Did Chef Mickey's ever get moved back to its location? I don't think I ever saw anything regarding the broken window. It must be fixed by now.....

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 08-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #2395
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Did Chef Mickey's ever get moved back to its location? I don't think I ever saw anything regarding the broken window. It must be fixed by now.....
Sorry! Should have done a search first! I see that it moved back quite some time ago!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #2396
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo2002 View Post
Congrats, I am hoping we get them for the end of October.

DMe DH DD3 DD21 DD21's Boyfriend

Thank you, keeping fingers and toes crossed for everyone else.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 08-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #2397
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Welcome back .

If you would, please add us to the Log-orail: 12/17-12/19 CR MKV CL.
You're logged! Can't wait to hear about your Atrium Club stay. Hopefully, you'll be able to tell me all about it in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2teach123 View Post
Thank you for the information! We will not be staying on a DVC reservation..just a regular guest. Will the coffee supply be replenished more often then?
On a cash reservation, not on points, you will get daily housekeeping as you would with a non-villa. You can have as much (free) coffee as you'd like

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry! Should have done a search first! I see that it moved back quite some time ago!
No problem at all. When we were visiting WDW, I noticed from the canal that the window had already been repaired and when we were at CC, CM was in full "Celebration song" mode. It's hard to tell from this photo, but all the windows were intact:

Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #2398
randi817
Earning My Ears

HI all - We are getting very excited about our Disney vacation - checking into the CR on Aug 24, staying thru Sept 2... Garden View, Garden Wing... We got our magic bands and our FP+ reservations and I was told by a CM that we were in the test -but never did get an email... Should I worry about that? (we're only 10 days out now)... I guess we'll figure it out when we get there and hopefully it all works!! We're really looking forward to staying at CR and I'm reading back a bit to get your tips. We have a ressie at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and we're doing the Pirates and Pals cruise on our last night at the CR too...

Debating whether or not to do a Garden Grocer type order - Does the CR have easy grab and go type breakfast items in the morning or is it better for me to have breakfast foods in the room?

Thanks, all!
Randi
Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #2399
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on the FD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're logged! Can't wait to hear about your Atrium Club stay. Hopefully, you'll be able to tell me all about it in person
Thanks for logging me . I am very excited to try the CR as well as Atrium club. We aren't planning on doing any parks the 22nd or 23rd, so hopefully we can arrange a time to meet up between the time you get in on the 23rd and we leave on the 24th, even if only for a few minutes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by randi817 View Post
HI all - We are getting very excited about our Disney vacation - checking into the CR on Aug 24, staying thru Sept 2... Garden View, Garden Wing... We got our magic bands and our FP+ reservations and I was told by a CM that we were in the test -but never did get an email... Should I worry about that? (we're only 10 days out now)... I guess we'll figure it out when we get there and hopefully it all works!! We're really looking forward to staying at CR and I'm reading back a bit to get your tips. We have a ressie at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and we're doing the Pirates and Pals cruise on our last night at the CR too...

Debating whether or not to do a Garden Grocer type order - Does the CR have easy grab and go type breakfast items in the morning or is it better for me to have breakfast foods in the room?

Thanks, all!
Randi
Your trip is coming up soon . I can't help with Garden Grocer as we've never ordered anything before, but the CR does have Contempo Cafe, which is counter service with a variety for breakfast, lunch, and dinner .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #2400
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randi817 View Post

Thanks, all!
Randi
I have never used Garden Grocer, but I just returned from CR on the 8th. DW and I ate breakfast everyday from Contemporary Cafe using our snack credits (bagels, muffins, croissants) it is a short walk from the garden wing. I would go grab breakfast and fill our mugs while DW was getting ready. They also have a pretty good menu for all meals. Hope that gives you some insight. Enjoy your trip, you will love CR!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: