Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #2296
WDW1979

Can I park all day at the Contemporary on our check-out day?

Hi, I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time since 2006. On my check-out day, may I enter and exit the Contemporary parking lot all day, even after the 11am check-out time? On our check-out day, we are thinking of packing our luggage into our car before the MK opens, then walking from the Contemporary to MK at 9am while our car sits in the Contemporary parking lot. We will be at MK almost all day on that check-out day, but we may like to take a break in the middle of the day and take our van out of the Contemporary parking lot. Would the Contemporary allow us to return to its parking lot later that same day (our check-out day) to park?
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
Old 08-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #2297
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1979
Hi, I will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time since 2006. On my check-out day, may I enter and exit the Contemporary parking lot all day, even after the 11am check-out time? On our check-out day, we are thinking of packing our luggage into our car before the MK opens, then walking from the Contemporary to MK at 9am while our car sits in the Contemporary parking lot. We will be at MK almost all day on that check-out day, but we may like to take a break in the middle of the day and take our van out of the Contemporary parking lot. Would the Contemporary allow us to return to its parking lot later that same day (our check-out day) to park?
Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - Your parking pass is valid all day on your check out day.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #2298
WDW1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Short answer - Yes.

Thanks for the info!
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
Old 08-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #2299
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini35 View Post
Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!
Sorry about the fridge.
Can't wait to hear more about your band experience! Did you get any parade or fireworks FP+s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Please keep us updated on the Magic Bands and their comfort level. That is exactly what I am worried about. I don't even wear a watch while we are in WDW.
I've been contemplating wearing it around here for a day, so I can report on my comfort in 70s and AC versus Disney in August. So I'll let you know!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #2300
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Hello. I am sure this question is quite off topic but... My mom and I are sitting here talking about the early Contemporary days. She said I should ask if anyone remembers the small slide on the round pool - the pool that extends into the lake? She said we used to be able to slide down into the lake itself. She said it was not there long and obviously back in the day when swimming in the lakes was permitted. Does anyone recall this? If so any pictures you could post? TYA!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #2301
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We are booked for our first stay at the CR in a MKV Atrium CL room for December. It would be nice to be close to the lounge, but I'm wondering if it's necessary to request that. How far from the lounge are the farthest rooms? I know some CL rooms at other resorts are a hike to/from the lounge and although I don't need to be right on top of the lounge, I'd like to not be real far from it either. I know requests are just that and aren't guaranteed, but if the farthest room(s) aren't that far away, I won't bother making that request . TIA to anyone who can give me some input .
Well if you look again at the pics I posted a short time ago you will see a hallway shot. Where I was standing to take that pic was in front of 4824 which is the last room before the emergency stairwell and the glass nearest the MK (on the bay lake side). So that room is as "bad" as it could get. The mural and elevators are located in the center of the building and the lounge is to the right if you get off the elevator and turn right and walk about ten feet. It is a very short easy walk and honestly I think being on that end was quiet and nice in that you had an MK view when you walked out your front door. In fact my mother watched the fireworks there. Also this room did not have a connecting door to the next room so we never heard neighbors.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #2302
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

So far from the reports we have gotten back, it seems that the tower rooms have fridges and the GW's does not.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2303
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Short answer - Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Well if you look again at the pics I posted a short time ago you will see a hallway shot. Where I was standing to take that pic was in front of 4824 which is the last room before the emergency stairwell and the glass nearest the MK (on the bay lake side). So that room is as "bad" as it could get. The mural and elevators are located in the center of the building and the lounge is to the right if you get off the elevator and turn right and walk about ten feet. It is a very short easy walk and honestly I think being on that end was quiet and nice in that you had an MK view when you walked out your front door. In fact my mother watched the fireworks there. Also this room did not have a connecting door to the next room so we never heard neighbors.
I do remember that pic, but I'm going to go back and look again. Thanks for your input......I get more excited as each day goes by .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #2304
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
So far from the reports we have gotten back, it seems that the tower rooms have fridges and the GW's does not.
I'm in the GW now and we have a fridge.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #2305
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
I'm in the GW now and we have a working fridge.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #2306
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Hmmm. I guess it is the luck of the draw. We put in a request because we need a fridge for insulin. I really hope we get lucky and have one.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #2307
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Sorry about the fridge.
Can't wait to hear more about your band experience! Did you get any parade or fireworks FP+s?

Are you keeping them on the whole time?

I've been contemplating wearing it around here for a day, so I can report on my comfort in 70s and AC versus Disney in August. So I'll let you know!
Great, let me know if you keep them on. Are they easy for your 3 year old to take off?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #2308
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

We just got home and stayed in the GW and we also had a fridge.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 08-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #2309
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

So I got here at 10. Our room isn't ready and the condescending family doesn't want to do anything or and show enthusiasm. Our MagicBands don't connect to the elevator so we have to enter through our regular key cards. Meh.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #2310
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Great, let me know if you keep them on. Are they easy for your 3 year old to take off?
I've been wearing it all day at work and it really isn't bugging me at all. It was at first, but I think it's because I was focused on it.

DD just turned 4. Right now it's sized so that she can slip it on and off (she just did it this afternoon when I put mine on.) I'm not sure if she can pull it off herself if I make it tighter, but I think she can. I will have her test it for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
So I got here at 10. Our room isn't ready and the condescending family doesn't want to do anything or and show enthusiasm. Our MagicBands don't connect to the elevator so we have to enter through our regular key cards. Meh.
I hope things get better!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: