Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #2281
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini35 View Post
Hi,

We checked in today to Garden Wing - standard room and no fridge. I had requested a fridge on my reservation. I was excited at check-in and forgot to mention anything and the CM never said there was no fridge. Got up to the room and big empty hole...called down and was told there should be a note. I said no, nothing, and nothing was said when I checked in. She double checked my reservation and than gave a speech about the replacement issues and apologized.

Room is really nice. Lots of space to spread out.

Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!
I'm sorry about the fridge, but glad you like the room. Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
We were able to get 30% off for early November CR TPV!!
At the same time we're waitlisted for a TPV studio at the BLT using points. Time will tell where we end up!!! Just soooo excited for a "last minute" trip!!
WTG on the discount . Sending some pixie dust for a BLT TPV studio to become available .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #2282
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEF23 View Post
Does anyone know if the Disney Junior channel is available on the tvs in the room at CR? I only ask because last year when we stayed at YC in August, Disney Junior was not part of the line up.

Thanks!
I honestly don't remember it there in Feb, but I know it is a newer channel being picked up by more and more companies
(I have AT&T uverse and only got it recently). Hopefully someone there now can check and chime in

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #2283
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Leaving tomorrow!

Katie
Old 08-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #2284
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Leaving tomorrow!

Katie
Have a great trip .

I see from your signature that you are splitting between CR CL and Poly CL. I would love to hear your opinion on both when you return. We are taking a 3 night cruise in December and staying CR CL prior to the cruise and Poly CL after. We've never stayed at the CR and although we've stayed at the Poly before (and loved it ), we haven't stayed CL. I am very excited to try the CR as well as try CL at both resorts, so reading about other people's stays is exciting .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #2285
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Leaving tomorrow!

Katie
Have a great time and please report back on the fridges!!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #2286
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Have a great time and please report back on the fridges!!

I second this request

Thank you and have a great trip!
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #2287
Martini35
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
I hate hearing about no fridge

I guess I'll keep my Garden Grocer order on hold or else modify it....

So, did they bring you a fridge after you called or were there none available?
Sorry was at MK till the wee hours of the morning!

She said none available at this time. I plan to go talk to them a bit more today. She honestly made me feel like I was not being truthful about there not being a note or not being told at check-in. And now just discovered our blow dryer is not working. Maybe I am in a room no one else has been in for awhile...I didn't make specific room requests...just one with a fridge. So that is why I was a little disappointed.

Once my hair is dry...back to the park to get all sweaty...why do I bother

Counting down to first on site trip...July 29-Aug 8th C

DH DS(20) DD (17) DD (15)
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #2288
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

I find them pretty uncomfortable. My DD wore hers for about 3 seconds before complaining.

They feel very similar to a plastic watch to me. Just the band would be okay, but the spot with the chip is very hard. There is no way my family will be keeping them on in August. I plan to hook them to my bag.
Please keep us updated on the Magic Bands and their comfort level. That is exactly what I am worried about. I don't even wear a watch while we are in WDW.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #2289
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We are booked for our first stay at the CR in a MKV Atrium CL room for December. It would be nice to be close to the lounge, but I'm wondering if it's necessary to request that. How far from the lounge are the farthest rooms? I know some CL rooms at other resorts are a hike to/from the lounge and although I don't need to be right on top of the lounge, I'd like to not be real far from it either. I know requests are just that and aren't guaranteed, but if the farthest room(s) aren't that far away, I won't bother making that request . TIA to anyone who can give me some input .

Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #2290
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We have a MKV Atrium CL room booked for December. It would be nice to be close to the lounge, but I'm wondering if it's necessary to request that. How far from the lounge are the farthest rooms? I know some CL rooms at other resorts are a hike to get to/from the lounge and although I don't need to be right on top of the lounge, I'd like to not be real far from it either. I know requests are just that and aren't guaranteed, but if the farthest room(s) aren't that far away, I won't bother making that request . TIA to anyone who can give me some input .
We were the second to last room on the Bay Lake side and it honestly was not "far" from the lounge which sits at the center of the MK side. Because of the layout if the tower no room is really far away from anything. Our only request is away from Chef Mickey (because of noise) which puts us on the end closest to the MK which the kids love!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #2291
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We were the second to last room on the Bay Lake side and it honestly was not "far" from the lounge which sits at the center of the MK side. Because of the layout if the tower no room is really far away from anything. Our only request is away from Chef Mickey (because of noise) which puts us on the end closest to the MK which the kids love!

I was thinking everything in the tower was pretty centralized, but I wasn't sure since we've never stayed there. I think I'll just take my chances and see where we're placed because it doesn't seem like there is a bad room to be had (or is there ). Thanks for your input and quick response .

Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #2292
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was thinking everything in the tower was pretty centralized, but I wasn't sure since we've never stayed there. I think I'll just take my chances and see where we're placed because it doesn't seem like there is a bad room to be had (or is there ). Thanks for your input and quick response .
If there is a bad room, we haven't had it we were second to the last room for both TPV (9th floor) and BLV (12th floor) and didn't have a single complaint. My kids love being TPV and watching the monorail come in from the MK. I think the rooms closer to the CM side may get noisy during meal times, but not rally a huge issue.

My Trip Reports:

Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #2293
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
I echo babybergers comments...we were on the last room closest to MK (btw...great view of fireworks !) and did not find it to be a hike to the lounge. We actually like being away from the lounge and elevators since people can be loud forgetting they are in a hotel with other people ! Your gonna love CL !

Last edited by Gryhndmom; 08-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #2294
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

Forgot to mention our area

Sept 12-21 TPV-CL

Celebrating 15 yr anniversary which is on the 12th with kids in tow.

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #2295
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
If there is a bad room, we haven't had it we were second to the last room for both TPV (9th floor) and BLV (12th floor) and didn't have a single complaint. My kids love being TPV and watching the monorail come in from the MK. I think the rooms closer to the CM side may get noisy during meal times, but not rally a huge issue.

Thanks so much for your input . My DH and both DSs are pretty sound sleepers so I'm guessing the noise from Chef Mickeys (if we are close to that) probably won't be an issue for us. We are only there 2 nights prior to a cruise and our last morning we have a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickeys and then we will be heading to Cape Canaveral, so no sleeping in for us anyway as we will be up early. With that said, I'm probably in the minority, but I think hearing noise from Chef Mickeys would just be that much more magical of a stay at the CR (although I'm sure there are plenty of people who would disagree with that as not everyone likes noise, especially early in the morning ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I echo babybergers comments...we were on the last room closest to MK (btw...great view of fireworks !) and did not find it to be a hike to the lounge. We actually like being away from the lounge and elevators since people can be loud forgetting they are in a hotel with other people ! Your gonna love CL !
Thanks a bunch . I am very excited to just try the CR, so adding CL is making it even more exciting . Do you think it would wise to make a request to be as close to the MK side as we can be? I'm sure the fireworks view is good from any TPV room, but I can imagine the closer you are to MK, the better they get .

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan View Post
Forgot to mention our area

Sept 12-21 TPV-CL

Celebrating 15 yr anniversary which is on the 12th with kids in tow.
What a great way to start an anniversary celebration . You will be checking into the CR before you know it!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: