Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #2266
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

I just booked a 3 night stay at the Contemporary Tower (Magic Kingdom View) for this October. Does anyone know if there is a noise issue at the resort from the construction of the new bus depot at the MK?

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #2267
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

So...it has been a life-long dream of mine to stay at the CR. Any time our family would book a trip, I would always look for ways to be able to afford CR, but alas, it was never to be.....UNTIL THIS WEEK!!! We are so blessed to be a able to stay there Nov 7-10. Bay Lake View!! Thank you 30% discount...from the bottom of my heart. I am so overwhelmed. Ever since I saw Walt on World of Color (however, I was watching in Black & White ) explain the Contemporary as it was being built, I have been dreaming staying there. Jiminy was right...."when your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!" Thanks so much for this thread, it has been so helpful as my dream comes true.

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 SO Blessed !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #2268
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So...it has been a life-long dream of mine to stay at the CR. Any time our family would book a trip, I would always look for ways to be able to afford CR, but alas, it was never to be.....UNTIL THIS WEEK!!! We are so blessed to be a able to stay there Nov 7-10. Bay Lake View!! Thank you 30% discount...from the bottom of my heart. I am so overwhelmed. Ever since I saw Walt on World of Color (however, I was watching in Black & White ) explain the Contemporary as it was being built, I have been dreaming staying there. Jiminy was right...."when your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!" Thanks so much for this thread, it has been so helpful as my dream comes true.
Could NOT be more happy for you!! I fell in love with the CR and am happy for every person who is able to stay there. It is amazing, and I suspect you will have the trip of your life! And, you are going during the timeframe we have been there and believe it is perfect. Really, really happy for you!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Old 08-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #2269
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
Congrats on booking the CR at a great discount . We are trying the CR for the first time in December and I can't wait. I was able to get a 20% discount a week before Christmas, so I was happy with that as I wasn't too confident there would be any discounts for our dates. After reading predictions that discounts would be offered, I read the CR would only get 5%, so I was very excited to see 20% .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #2270
akayf
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the hairdryers. The bathroom sinks are in the bathroom, not outside.... right? I know some places have the toilet and tub in a small room and the sinks are outside but from pics it looks like they are all in one room. So the blowdryer would be in there, right? Is there anyway to unplug it and use it in another outlet. Usually, I shower first and then while I'm drying my hair, DH showers. If the provided hairdryer can only be used in the bathroom, then I'm going to pack my own to use elsewhere in the room because I'll never be able to see anything in the bathroom while DH showers...he turns the place into a sauna!

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
Old 08-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #2271
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayf View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a question about the hairdryers. The bathroom sinks are in the bathroom, not outside.... right? I know some places have the toilet and tub in a small room and the sinks are outside but from pics it looks like they are all in one room. So the blowdryer would be in there, right? Is there anyway to unplug it and use it in another outlet. Usually, I shower first and then while I'm drying my hair, DH showers. If the provided hairdryer can only be used in the bathroom, then I'm going to pack my own to use elsewhere in the room because I'll never be able to see anything in the bathroom while DH showers...he turns the place into a sauna!
The hair dryer is in a bag under the sinks and can moved to where ever you want

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #2272
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

A few pics from a recent trip...Room 4824: This room is located on the 12th floor, Bay Lake side, closest to the end near the MK:

The hallway leading back to the elevators:

Your view from the hallway looking down:

Standing in the hallway looking at the MK:

Your view from you balcony looking right:

Your balcony view looking straight ahead:

The room looked like all other tower rooms so I won't add them. Just thought I'd give a peek into this floor...Enjoy!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2273
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
A few pics from a recent trip...Room 4824: This room is located on the 12th floor, Bay Lake side, closest to the end near the MK:
Great pics....thanks for sharing . I am getting so excited for our first CR stay in December .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #2274
akayf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

The hair dryer is in a bag under the sinks and can moved to where ever you want

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you! I was hoping it wasn't one of those wall mounted ones! Now that's 1 less thing I need to pack

Me DH DS1 (5) DS2 (2)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #2275
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post

Yay yay yay!!!! Congrats on your score!! You will LOVE the CR!!
We are thinking of taking a quick "adult" weekend getaway trip in early November! Hubby online (on another computer as I type - heehee) trying to check on prices! Woot woot!! How did you ever score 30% off? That's awesome!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 08-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #2276
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
How did you ever score 30% off?
I'm not the one you quoted, but the new RO discounts that just got released 8/1 consisted of discounts up to 30% off, depending on dates and resort/room type. I was able to snag 20% off CR TPV CL for 12/17-12/19. I read some predictions prior to the discount being released that certain CR rooms would only be 5%, so needless to say, I was overjoyed to see it at 20% . I also got 30% off of the Poly for 12/22-12/24, for which dates I wasn't even counting on any discount, let alone 30%.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #2277
Martini35
Earning My Ears

No fridge

Hi,

We checked in today to Garden Wing - standard room and no fridge. I had requested a fridge on my reservation. I was excited at check-in and forgot to mention anything and the CM never said there was no fridge. Got up to the room and big empty hole...called down and was told there should be a note. I said no, nothing, and nothing was said when I checked in. She double checked my reservation and than gave a speech about the replacement issues and apologized.

Room is really nice. Lots of space to spread out.

Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!

Counting down to first on site trip...July 29-Aug 8th C

DH DS(20) DD (17) DD (15)
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #2278
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini35 View Post
Hi,

We checked in today to Garden Wing - standard room and no fridge. I had requested a fridge on my reservation. I was excited at check-in and forgot to mention anything and the CM never said there was no fridge. Got up to the room and big empty hole...called down and was told there should be a note. I said no, nothing, and nothing was said when I checked in. She double checked my reservation and than gave a speech about the replacement issues and apologized.

Room is really nice. Lots of space to spread out.

Magic bands worked great so far. Now back to the park!
I hate hearing about no fridge

I guess I'll keep my Garden Grocer order on hold or else modify it....

So, did they bring you a fridge after you called or were there none available?
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #2279
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I'm not the one you quoted, but the new RO discounts that just got released 8/1 consisted of discounts up to 30% off, depending on dates and resort/room type. I was able to snag 20% off CR TPV CL for 12/17-12/19. I read some predictions prior to the discount being released that certain CR rooms would only be 5%, so needless to say, I was overjoyed to see it at 20% . I also got 30% off of the Poly for 12/22-12/24, for which dates I wasn't even counting on any discount, let alone 30%.

We were able to get 30% off for early November CR TPV!!
At the same time we're waitlisted for a TPV studio at the BLT using points. Time will tell where we end up!!! Just soooo excited for a "last minute" trip!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 08-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #2280
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

Disney Junior

Does anyone know if the Disney Junior channel is available on the tvs in the room at CR? I only ask because last year when we stayed at YC in August, Disney Junior was not part of the line up.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: