Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #2221
HarvardAce
Earning My Ears

We (DW, DS2 (1st trip), mom, sister, MIL, FIL, and me) are staying in the GW from 8/24 through 9/2. Had been reading about the Magic Bands and FP+ for a while, and luckily happened to be on the MDE site on 7/23 and saw that we were eligible for bands and were able to customize them. Just got them the other day, and we now have FP+ booked for every day of our trip as well. I'm hoping that we'll still also be eligible for regular FP as with our DS we're not really sure how he'll do with naps so timing is a bit tough. We also plan to park hop (park in the morning, nap/pool back at the CR, and then back to another park in the evening) so being able to pick up regular FPs will be nice.

I never got an email or other advance notice about the Magic Bands or FP+, just happened to be on the site at the right time. If I hadn't been on the site, the first time I would have found out about the Magic Bands is when I got an email saying that they had shipped. Is everyone staying at the CR in August part of the test? Did anyone actually get an email describing it?

I had asked earlier but didn't see a response -- if we put in an order through GardenGrocer or a similar service, will the CR charge us their package handling fee, or is that only for standard UPS/FedEx deliveries?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #2222
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardAce View Post
We (DW, DS2 (1st trip), mom, sister, MIL, FIL, and me) are staying in the GW from 8/24 through 9/2. Had been reading about the Magic Bands and FP+ for a while, and luckily happened to be on the MDE site on 7/23 and saw that we were eligible for bands and were able to customize them. Just got them the other day, and we now have FP+ booked for every day of our trip as well. I'm hoping that we'll still also be eligible for regular FP as with our DS we're not really sure how he'll do with naps so timing is a bit tough. We also plan to park hop (park in the morning, nap/pool back at the CR, and then back to another park in the evening) so being able to pick up regular FPs will be nice.

I never got an email or other advance notice about the Magic Bands or FP+, just happened to be on the site at the right time. If I hadn't been on the site, the first time I would have found out about the Magic Bands is when I got an email saying that they had shipped. Is everyone staying at the CR in August part of the test? Did anyone actually get an email describing it?

I had asked earlier but didn't see a response -- if we put in an order through GardenGrocer or a similar service, will the CR charge us their package handling fee, or is that only for standard UPS/FedEx deliveries?
I can't answer your question about GardenGrocer but regarding FP+ we received our Magic Bands prior to receiving the invitation e-mail. We received the email today and are 17 days away from our trip. Many others have also reported receiving the email 17 days out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #2223
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardAce View Post

I'm curious about the delivery fee as well, no other resort has charged us for packages before. This time we are planning to have Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew delivered by Garden Grocer, instead of my usual staples order.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #2224
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

If anyone is going to cancel their Bay Lake 1 bedroom theme park view October 27th-Nov3rd, please let me know. I would love it.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #2225
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Standard!
Did you call??? I cannot get it for our dates more than a year out!!! augh
Old 08-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #2226
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
WOOHOO I am so glad you were able to get the 20%! It is still a hefty price tag, but soooo worth it!
Thanks . When I heard about the possible release of RO discounts, I did some figuring with different percentages (although thinking it would only be the 5%). I got online this morning before I called and saw TPV, standard CL, and TPV CL were all available. After talking to the CM, I kept thinking we could see MK from the lounge, but how nice it would be to see if from our room . So, without (too much) hesitation, I heard myself saying "lets go with TPV CL" . The difference wasn't that much between that and standard CL, so I'm happy. Now that I'm booked, I'm REALLY excited to try the CR .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!
What a great surprise.....I'm glad you were able to pull it off until you got to ME. Have a great trip .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo2002 View Post
We were booked at CR in the GW for Oct 30-Nov. 4 with just DH, DD3 and myself but had to cancel because DD21 and her boyfriend wanted to come. We rebooked same dates at AoA in a Nemo suite since we are paying for them. When FD dropped DH asked if we could move back to CR. We are now all booked in the tower with a BLV. I have always wanted to stay here. We are paying $500 more than AoA but know it will be worth it.
Congrats on rebooking in the CR tower......you're going to have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #2227
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Congrats on rebooking in the CR tower......you're going to have a great trip .[/QUOTE]

Thank you..The trip will be magical no matter what since we will be in Disney. It is also our first time staying there, first MNSSHP and it's our DD21 and her boyfriend's first trip. I just hope we all fit comfortably in the room.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #2228
dopey14
Earning My Ears

I am jumping in...what discount are y'all referring to? We are going early January and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything thanks all!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #2229
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey14 View Post
I am jumping in...what discount are y'all referring to? We are going early January and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything thanks all!
Nope, didn't miss anything! January discounts likely won't be released until October or so. These recent discounts only extend until late December.

We are waiting on January discounts too!!
GF- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF- December 2011, AKL & GF- February 2007, BWI- February 2006, AKL- February 2005, Polynesian- February 2004, WL & Polynesian- November 2002, BC- February 2002, CR- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #2230
dopey14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post

Nope, didn't miss anything! January discounts likely won't be released until October or so. These recent discounts only extend until late December.

We are waiting on January discounts too!!
Thank you!!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #2231
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Did you call??? I cannot get it for our dates more than a year out!!! augh
I called. What dates are you wanting?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #2232
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo2002 View Post
Thank you..The trip will be magical no matter what since we will be in Disney. It is also our first time staying there, first MNSSHP and it's our DD21 and her boyfriend's first trip. I just hope we all fit comfortably in the room.
You're right, you will have a magical trip no matter what . We are trying the CR for the first time in December and I'm excited. The Halloween party is a lot of fun. We have been to the party 3 times and we enjoyed the 3rd party just as much as the first. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I think the 4 of you will do just fine in the room. The CR rooms are among the largest of the deluxe resorts (along with the Poly) .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2233
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I called. What dates are you wanting?
I called and keep checking online. It isn't till sept 2014 so hoping something opens up.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2234
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
I called and keep checking online. It isn't till sept 2014 so hoping something opens up.
Maybe next September is not open? How early do reservations open?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2235
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know my dates in late August 2014 are no longer available now either. They go so fast!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: