Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #2206
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post

Sorry you are having issues Does your room having a working refrigerator?
Yes it does but the safe froze and I needed to have someone come up to open it. We stayed at POR on October and believe it or not we received better service there! I guess you don't always get what you pay for!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #2207
AllieKG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Can't multi-quote now, sorry, but the Korea post just caught my eye as we spent two years there as well

In a rush - heading out - hold down the fort for me!

WL here we come!
LOL...then you know all about it! Enjoy your vacation!
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #2208
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I knew I shouldn't have gotten on the Log-o-rail yet. I have been asking questions here since April, but never made the leap.

And now poor KOOK is going to have to change it. Because thanks to this RO discount announced today, I'm no longer GW-GV.

I'm Tower BLV!!!

AND I saved 50 bucks with the change.

Who do I have to thank for this wonderment? Babyberger!!! This story had such an impact on me. So, once the BLV came into my price point, I HAD to book it. Even though I would have saved $1000 on WL, I went with the smaller savings for my dream coming true. I justified it with the fact that WL is always a little bit cheaper than the CR, but BLV rooms are not always at a similar price point as non-discounted GW room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
But that stood out because in the tower, there is not enclosed hallways, it is a row of rooms on one side and then the openness of the tower on the other and just so bright and inviting. My kids loved looking over the railing to see what was going on in the concourse. I know this is a small thing, but it was something that helped to add to the uniqueness of the tower. When we stayed BLV CL, the kids would literally sit out in front of the door and just watch the monorail come through.
Thank you Babyberger!!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #2209
princessap
DIS Veteran

That is awesome news!!! Glad someone could take advantage of the discounts today....I was looking and it didn't include contemporary in the write up but it shows up when searching the discounts....I am busy scoping discounts for next year and hope to do the same as you!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #2210
MET270
Mouseketeer

At the airport! Should land in Orlando at 1, hopefully be to CR by 2:00-2:30!!!'
Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #2211
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
I knew I shouldn't have gotten on the Log-o-rail yet. I have been asking questions here since April, but never made the leap.

And now poor KOOK is going to have to change it. Because thanks to this RO discount announced today, I'm no longer GW-GV.

I'm Tower BLV!!!

AND I saved 50 bucks with the change.

Who do I have to thank for this wonderment? Babyberger!!! This story had such an impact on me. So, once the BLV came into my price point, I HAD to book it. Even though I would have saved $1000 on WL, I went with the smaller savings for my dream coming true. I justified it with the fact that WL is always a little bit cheaper than the CR, but BLV rooms are not always at a similar price point as non-discounted GW room.

Thank you Babyberger!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy I could help That is truly what these boards are all about. And I totally agree, you have to take CR at a decent discount when you can get it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
That is awesome news!!! Glad someone could take advantage of the discounts today....I was looking and it didn't include contemporary in the write up but it shows up when searching the discounts....I am busy scoping discounts for next year and hope to do the same as you!!!
I have found the write ups do not always have all the info, it is always best to call And even to call several times if you cant get what you want the first time Availability opens up all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
At the airport! Should land in Orlando at 1, hopefully be to CR by 2:00-2:30!!!'
Welcome to Florida Have a fabulous trip!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #2212
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I am so excited as I just got off the phone and booked CR TPV CL for 2 nights before our cruise . The discount turned out to be 20% vs the 5% I thought it was going to be from posts I had seen on one of the RO discount threads......so it's a very good morning for me .

KOOK, if you see this after you get back from your trip, could you please add us to the log-orail for 12/17-12/19 .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #2213
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I am so excited as I just got off the phone and booked CR TPV CL for 2 nights before our cruise . The discount turned out to be 20% vs the 5% I thought it was going to be from posts I had seen on one of the RO discount threads......so it's a very good morning for me .

KOOK, if you see this after you get back from your trip, could you please add us to the log-orail for 12/17-12/19 .
WOOHOO I am so glad you were able to get the 20%! It is still a hefty price tag, but soooo worth it!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #2214
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
So excited for you! have a wonderful trip!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #2215
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YEAH!!!

Please report back on the status of fridges!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #2216
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
did you get std view or garden view? I can get garden view but not standard for our dates.
Standard!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #2217
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post

YEAH!!!

Please report back on the status of fridges!!!
We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #2218
blo2002
Earning My Ears

So Excited

We were booked at CR in the GW for Oct 30-Nov. 4 with just DH, DD3 and myself but had to cancel because DD21 and her boyfriend wanted to come. We rebooked same dates at AoA in a Nemo suite since we are paying for them. When FD dropped DH asked if we could move back to CR. We are now all booked in the tower with a BLV. I have always wanted to stay here. We are paying $500 more than AoA but know it will be worth it.

Any suggestions on room request since DD3 is a light sleeper?

Also does anyone know if they are still going to be testing MagicBands at that time?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #2219
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We made it to the CR, room does have a fridge. CR is not affected by the fridge fiasco. BTW, DW still thought we were at POR until we got to ME. The surprise worked!! Wish I would've got a picture of her face!
I am glad you were able to pull off the surprise! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #2220
MET270
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEF23 View Post

I am glad you were able to pull off the surprise! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: