Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #2146
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarr1635 View Post
My family is staying at Bay Lake Tower January 25 to Jan 30, 2014. Anyone else going to be there that week?
We are! 23-30!! We have a 2 bedroom reserved. Do you have any kids? My dd wants kids to play with there but all the ones we met on our last trip would not talk to her when she walked up and said hello
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #2147
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

I have read that someone saw several pallets of fridges at the Poly and they had a new one in their room. Hopefully the deluxe hotels are getting theirs first. We pay enough.
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #2148
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Not much DISing for this KOOK who will be heading down to WDW this week. I'll be sure to post some random Disney thoughts and photos soon, but I might fall behind here, so hold down the fort for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
We're booked at CR with TPV, and if we can't get one of the three villas above, preferably with the military discount, we'll keep the CR rooms and be thrilled.
If I book well in advance, I've always been able to get a Lake View BLT one-bedroom, CR (with and w/o CL), etc... with the military 40% off. As inventories dwindle though, only Studios are available, so act fast and you'll get just what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Are ap discounts offered very often at BLT?
Yes, I've seen them when the AP rates have been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Yeah, Mrs. Psac took the pic, and she got pics with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and even one with a duck who didn't have any pants on!! Very scandalous.

Overall we liked Chef Mickey's. Very expensive for what you get, but good character interaction with the big ones -- you're obviously not just paying for the food. We really liked the food itself, but $75 for two adults is a bit harsh! (We may have been caught in holiday pricing.). Good thing we weren't there when the glass broke!
Have you tried Tusker House? It's Mr. KOOK's favorite lunch (I like it, too) and during lunch they have characters. I believe it's less than CM and the food and service is excellent. I highly recommend it for a great meal and some nice one on one with a duck with no pants. You'll get lots of nice photos there and the ones they take before your meal (with the aforementioned duck sans pants) are included for free and printed out for you before you leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarr1635 View Post
My family is staying at Bay Lake Tower January 25 to Jan 30, 2014. Anyone else going to be there that week?
I'll add you to the Log-orail!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #2149
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
We are! 23-30!! We have a 2 bedroom reserved. Do you have any kids? My dd wants kids to play with there but all the ones we met on our last trip would not talk to her when she walked up and said hello
I'll add you to the Log-orail, too
Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #2150
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
I have read that someone saw several pallets of fridges at the Poly and they had a new one in their room. Hopefully the deluxe hotels are getting theirs first. We pay enough.
Wow, love your picture monorail thingy.(what's it called?)

All my fav resorts
Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #2151
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Not much DISing for this KOOK who will be heading down to WDW this week. I'll be sure to post some random Disney thoughts and photos soon, but I might fall behind here, so hold down the fort for me!
Safe travels. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #2152
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

We are getting ready for our upcoming trip! We told my boys at our 30 day mark and every morning they wake up and say "I go to Disneyworld. I ride trains." We also spend many mornings checking out the pictures on this thread, so thank you for all of the wonderful information.

Beach- My boys are really excited about the beach. Are there beach toys for sale at the resort or should I bring some from home? We are driving down, so I should be able to find some room in the car if needed.

Pools- Since they are 2, they don't know how to swim yet. We use puddle jumpers in the pool at home. Can we use those in the pool or do we have to use the life jackets Disney has?

Massage- My husband is interested in getting a massage. Are they any good? Despite my many times to Disneyworld, I have never used any of the massage services.

Laundry- Do the washers take regular detergent or HE? We are about 5 weeks into potty training, so I expect I am going to need to use the washer at some point. Trying to figure out if we should bring our own or use what is there. We currently wash everything in fragrance free detergent due to my DH's allergies. Do they sell fragrance free detergent?

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #2153
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEF23 View Post
We are getting ready for our upcoming trip! We told my boys at our 30 day mark and every morning they wake up and say "I go to Disneyworld. I ride trains." We also spend many mornings checking out the pictures on this thread, so thank you for all of the wonderful information.

Beach- My boys are really excited about the beach. Are there beach toys for sale at the resort or should I bring some from home? We are driving down, so I should be able to find some room in the car if needed.

Pools- Since they are 2, they don't know how to swim yet. We use puddle jumpers in the pool at home. Can we use those in the pool or do we have to use the life jackets Disney has?

Massage- My husband is interested in getting a massage. Are they any good? Despite my many times to Disneyworld, I have never used any of the massage services.

Laundry- Do the washers take regular detergent or HE? We are about 5 weeks into potty training, so I expect I am going to need to use the washer at some point. Trying to figure out if we should bring our own or use what is there. We currently wash everything in fragrance free detergent due to my DH's allergies. Do they sell fragrance free detergent?

Thanks!
I know you must be getting excited! And with 2 yr old twins....how fun

I can only help you with your laundry question. Unless they have changed something since last Sept, the washers are the regular top loaders, not HE. There are pics of the laundry room located on the first page of this thread Laundry facilities are located in the garden wing and you can only use your KTTW card to pay (no money). I logged some time in there last year, and am sure to again this Sept. It's pretty roomy, several machines, has a TV and newspaper to read when I was there. I was the only one in there and no other machines in use that Friday morning.
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #2154
dmaz
Mouseketeer

Wonder if the washers will eventually accept the magic bands. That would make laundry day so much easier to not have to even worry about a card or money.

Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
Old 07-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #2155
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Ok I can only help with a few of these.

Beach - I would bring my own or get some at Walmart/target. I know they are getting hard to find right now because "summer" is over for the stores. I saw a picture if some sold at the resorts before but I fear that they are getting rid of them right now due to new fall merchandise being phased in.

Pools - in may our daughter (2) wore that floaty thing that goes up each arm and across their chest and clips in the back (hers is pink with a crab face on it). Our son (1) was in those baby floated that are inflatable and have a detachable canopy. We had no issues using either at POR and I am assuming all pools follow similar guidelines. We also saw other kids in similar things at the pools and we were never questioned once by a lifeguard about it.

Massage - I read a review from a lady who had a massage at the GF spa. She ranked it as one of her top 3 experiences for massages. I will see if I can find her link and post it here for you. Her husband got one too.

Laundry - I would buy the all free and clear pacs to bring with me (I don't think tide makes them yet)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #2156
Cobern
DIS Veteran

http://www.disneytravelrecord.com/20...eys-grand.html

Here is one review if the spa at GF
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #2157
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Wow, love your picture monorail thingy.(what's it called?)

All my fav resorts
It is from tinypic.com
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #2158
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Quote:
Laundry - I would buy the all free and clear pacs to bring with me (I don't think tide makes them yet)

When I was there I definitely did not see any fragrance free detergent, which is all I use as well. Like Cobern suggested, I picked up a package of the All Free & Clear pods and take those with the Bounce Free dryer sheets and use them when whenever we travel.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 07-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #2159
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
Thanks! I went in and it let me order the Magic Bands.

We are not on a package with tickets, but on a TA rate that is treated as a package. We have AP's for our tickets.
Me too!! When are you going? We don't have APs yet. I've got to pick up my TA comp ticket, so I can't schedule any FP+ for myself only DH and DD who I bought 10 day PH for with the intention of bridging to APs.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #2160
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ok. Be honest with me!

We are pretty sold on CR. We have booked 8 nights in a garden wing room for August 2014.

We have an amazing rate at 40% off ($201/night) as we have been able to take advantage of the military discount again.

So, yeah, $201/night on the monorail is amazing!!! But, I am feeling that urge to move to the tower,in a TPV room and maybe even Atrium Club.

Our last two stays have been CL (YC and WL) and we do love it, but wanted to be a bit more frugal on this trip...

I'm thinking this out....GW has no balconies....but....eh, not worried about that so much in August...it's too hot to go on the balcony. If I booked Atrium Club, it would be BLV.

The walk to the main building doesn't bother me, and I think it's probably a lot more quiet in the GW....and they are the exact.same.room.

It's $1750 difference to move to Atrium club, which I know is just RIDICULOUS but still cheaper than what we normally spend...because we usually do 10 nights and we are only doing 8 this time (10 nights has gotten a weeee bit too long for this family)...

Or....I could just add another night GW....

Ahhhhhhh, I'm all over the place....WWYD??? Take the savings and run?? Book CL? Book TPV???

Help!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: