Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #2116
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

There is also a new Aladdin and Jasmine with carpet! Most of ours also came from Grandma! And ALL of the Polly Pcoket ones did. I refuse to pay that much for them!
She got the carpet for her birthday on the 15. I agree the prices are crazy high, all Disney is though
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #2117
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
Magic Band testers - how close you your trip were you asked to test? We just booked for CR about a week ago, for 3 weeks from now. Wondering if that will take us out of the running?
For me it was 4 weeks. I think if you mess around with MDE, you will get asked to test. Are you on a package with tickets included?

Go to MDE and link your resort reservation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #2118
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
For me it was 4 weeks. I think if you mess around with MDE, you will get asked to test. Are you on a package with tickets included?

Sorry. But what is MDE?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #2119
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Search and Rescue to get us off the 2nd page!

Also ticker checking, I've got 4 months and 2 weeks!! So excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Alas it seems next year we wont be at the Contemporary The cost and time frames just didnt fall into place. For 2014 we ended up booking a Grand Floridian deluxe studio villa in June. I will no doubt stop by the Contemporary while there though! For the last two years we stayed at Bay Lake Tower and it was awesome Time to give something else a try I guess!
Nothing wrong with trying something new - it can sometimes have the unintended consequence of making you like the old better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Just a gentle bump to move us off of the 2nd page

Anybody there currently who can update us on the never-ending debacle of Fridgegate 2013?

We check in to CR 37 days

I bolded your question in case someone there now missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra2721 View Post
Help with 1st time trip planning!
Hello all. My family is beginning to plan a first time trip to WDW for Thanksgiving week 2014. I have read several threads but find all this information very overwhelming. So I thought I would post and ask you amazingly experienced people for help.

On this trip will be my brother's family (2 adults 3 kids: ages 9, 7, 5), my parents (2 adults), my family (1 adult 1 kid: age 3.5), and possibly my little brother (2 adults).

Questions
1. We are planning on staying at the Contemporary resort (mainly because of the close location to MK....I am fairly sure my son 3.5 will still be napping).
----What would be the best room (Bay Lakes Tower?) accommodations...right now we are thinking 2 bedroom suites.
----Any specific room #'s we should try to get?
-----Should we consider Club level?
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, Terra2721!

Bay Lake Tower (BLT) is the DVC villa part of Disney's Contemporary Resort (CR). CR does have club level suites on the 14th floor Tower Club Level and non-suites on the 12th floor Atrium Club Level. BLT does have two-bedroom villas, but no club level. A two bedroom villa would only work for 9 or fewer and by my count you have 9 IF your brother and guest don't join you. If he does, then the two-bedroom would not be possible. A two-bedroom CL suite at CR wouldn't work either because those accommodate only up to 8.

If you want CL, it would be best to book separate STD. CL rooms. If you don't want CL, then you could book a two-bedroom villa, if your brother doesn't join you or if he books another villa or room at CR for himself and his guest. Have you ever stayed CL at any resort before? If not, we'd be happy to answer any questions about it. We love CL at some WDW resorts and we'll be at WL/CL next week

It's best never to request a specific room number. If the Room Assignor doesn't have that room available for you, they won't easily be able to put you in a similar room. It's best to request a location or feature that's important to you. We can help you with room requests when you've booked either BLT or CR. They are completely different buildings and requests. All Tower rooms at CR have unobstructed views and balconies which makes requests less necessary than some resorts.

Happy planning!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #2120
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Sorry. But what is MDE?
My Disney Experience - formerly, My Disney Vacation
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #2121
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Ok I am so confused about BLT. We did a cash reservation through Disney. What added benefits do we receive rather than renting points? Do we get daily housekeeping? What does that entail? (I read somewhere they wash your dishes for you?). We have a 2 bedroom lake view reserved. Does that mean we have no chance of even a partial MK view (do we face towards WL?)? We have never stayed at a DVC resort before and only stayed at POR once this past May so this is all still very new to me. Also where do we check in? At the BLT building or do we have to go to the main Contemporary building? I just need to get my bearing because I do not want to drag the 2 kids around more than we have to . Also if I have a stroller rental arriving at the resort where would it be at BLT or CR?

Thank you, I know I sound like a dunce
Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #2122
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks! I went in and it let me order the Magic Bands.

We are not on a package with tickets, but on a TA rate that is treated as a package. We have AP's for our tickets.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #2123
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok I am so confused about BLT. We did a cash reservation through Disney. What added benefits do we receive rather than renting points? Do we get daily housekeeping? What does that entail? (I read somewhere they wash your dishes for you?). We have a 2 bedroom lake view reserved. Does that mean we have no chance of even a partial MK view (do we face towards WL?)? We have never stayed at a DVC resort before and only stayed at POR once this past May so this is all still very new to me. Also where do we check in? At the BLT building or do we have to go to the main Contemporary building? I just need to get my bearing because I do not want to drag the 2 kids around more than we have to . Also if I have a stroller rental arriving at the resort where would it be at BLT or CR?

Thank you, I know I sound like a dunce
You don't sound like a dunce and everything is going to be GREAT!

On a cash reservation, booking through the WDTC, you will get daily housekeeping. With daily housekeeping, if you forget to run the dishwasher, they will run it everyday.

There are some LV two-bedrooms with partial MK views that are on the North side of BLT. I'm going to refer you to Work2Play's thread that has specific room numbers and views for all BLT rooms.

If you're arriving between the hours of 7 AM - 10 PM then you will check-in at BLT. After hours you will check-in at CR. DME drops off only at CR (at least I was told it used to) so you will check-in at CR if you're using DME or you can walk over to BLT.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #2124
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
Magic Band testers - how close you your trip were you asked to test? We just booked for CR about a week ago, for 3 weeks from now. Wondering if that will take us out of the running?
We have a room only booked and arrive on August 12th. Today we received from UPS an invitation from Disney to try the new Fast Pass Bands for our trip.

We are not interested. I'm not sure which park we will be in for 2 of our days (one of the days we are going to a water park and it depends on the weather) and honestly I don't feel like reading up on the new fast passes procedures and figuring out how to work the bands
Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #2125
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You don't sound like a dunce and everything is going to be GREAT!

On a cash reservation, booking through the WDTC, you will get daily housekeeping. With daily housekeeping, if you forget to run the dishwasher, they will run it everyday.

There are some LV two-bedrooms with partial MK views that are on the North side of BLT. I'm going to refer you to Work2Play's thread that has specific room numbers and views for all BLT rooms.

If you're arriving between the hours of 7 AM - 10 PM then you will check-in at BLT. After hours you will check-in at CR. DME drops off only at CR (at least I was told it used to) so you will check-in at CR if you're using DME or you can walk over to BLT.
Thank you! This clears up a ton of our questions! We are driving so DME is not an issue for us . I know we will have more questions as it gets closer but this should appease the rest of my family.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #2126
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We're waiting patiently to be able to book BLT on cash for next July. ...

Is this really a moot point since most people are booking with points and the seasons are different? I'm so worried we're going to miss out. We sort of have all our eggs in one basket with this one! (And yes, I looked into renting points, but the huge amount up front and the no cancellation are steering us away from that.)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
What about trip insurance to cover you if you have to cancel?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2127
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaz View Post

Nope shouldn't matter. Changed my dates and hotels from BW to CR a week ago. Only a few weeks out from trip. Wasn't eligible at BW but saw everything pop up once I switched. Customized my bands last Sat or Sun and they were here by Tues. A full day or 2 before the paper invitation came.
How did you know you were eligible?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #2128
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We're waiting patiently to be able to book BLT on cash for next July. I've been watching June and it seems that at 11 months in advance of the check OUT day for our stay we should be able to book.

My fear...

We are looking at staying during Value2 season which begins on July 13. Our dates are pretty flexible within the frame of July 13-25 (any 7 nights within that range of dates.) We finally decided on Thursday-Thursday (July 17-24,) however, I began to worry that many others would also be waiting for Value2 season and would be booking to check in on the first day (July 13) since that's a Sunday. They'd be staying through that week, which in turn, would mean when it was our time to be able to book, the first few days of our stay might be sold out because they'd be at the end of the week for those checking in on July 13. Does that make sense?

Example:
Family A - travel dates July 13 - 20
Our Family - travel dates July 17-24

Family A can book starting on August 20 of this year
We can't book until August 24 of this year

If Family A books their week (with the limited inventory there is for cash ressies,) what is the likelihood that our dates will come up unavailable because our first 3 days are during the end of their week?

Is this really a moot point since most people are booking with points and the seasons are different? I'm so worried we're going to miss out. We sort of have all our eggs in one basket with this one! (And yes, I looked into renting points, but the huge amount up front and the no cancellation are steering us away from that.)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
I take issue with you stating that you are "waiting patiently", as I know otherwise!! I feel confident that you are and I are the only two people that jump on-line first thing every morning, and type in trips for the 11 month mark from today to see what is available at BLT!!

What I find interesting is that few of the other DVC resorts have 2BR availability for 11 months from now.. of.our choices, BLT, then AKL, then VWL, only BLT is showing availability at the 11 month mark right now.

We're booked at CR with TPV, and if we can't get one of the three villas above, preferably with the military discount, we'll keep the CR rooms and be thrilled.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #2129
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
I take issue with you stating that you are "waiting patiently", as I know otherwise!! I feel confident that you are and I are the only two people that jump on-line first thing every morning, and type in trips for the 11 month mark from today to see what is available at BLT!!

What I find interesting is that few of the other DVC resorts have 2BR availability for 11 months from now.. of.our choices, BLT, then AKL, then VWL, only BLT is showing availability at the 11 month mark right now.

We're booked at CR with TPV, and if we can't get one of the three villas above, preferably with the military discount, we'll keep the CR rooms and be thrilled.
My first BLT I got a passholder 40% discount for 4/2010 by checking EVERY day and often more than once. It paid off! I got in at 7:30pm after checking at 8am and 2pm that same day

For 2nd trip I found airfare first then had to check every day until I got dates I wanted. Then last Nov I had a 1brm but kept checking and finally got our first 2bdrm booked in July.

This time I kept checking and got in for a cash ressie at VGF

The good stuff is hard to come by but die hards get what we want
Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #2130
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
My first BLT I got a passholder 40% discount for 4/2010 by checking EVERY day and often more than once. It paid off! I got in at 7:30pm after checking at 8am and 2pm that same day

For 2nd trip I found airfare first then had to check every day until I got dates I wanted. Then last Nov I had a 1brm but kept checking and finally got our first 2bdrm booked in July.

This time I kept checking and got in for a cash ressie at VGF

The good stuff is hard to come by but die hards get what we want
I agree completely!

We went on an extended family trip back in 1998, and we wanted to stay in a 2BR at the Villas at the Disney Institute. I had an AP, and kept checking Expedia four or five times a day, because it would show the rates day by day. Every time I saw another day in our range open up, I would call CRO and make the adjustment. At one point, I had four reservations for an eight day trip, just to get the discounts LOL. But I finally got all eight nights at the AP discount!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: