Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #2101
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

Yes! We own EVERY single LP Disney item, including the brand new Snow White's cottage. She just turned 4 on Tuesday. She has been playing with the Polly Pocket sized princesses more now, but she still plays with her LP at least 3 times a week. We also got her the new Clip clop Princess Pony stable for her birthday and it's soooo cute.

We also have EVERY single Disney princess barbie, prince and some of the villians, plus the extra clothes they used to sell on Disney shopping. We bought the first 8 princess set when she was 2 and we've been adding to it everytime I find stuff on clearance. But she isn't interested in Barbies yet. lol

Sorry...that was way too much info!
Haha! I will have to look for snow whites cottage. I know we have everything else (thanks to Nana). The clip clop has arrived for Christmas. I would try the smaller toys but my ds1 still loves to put everything in his mouth, so I must hold off for now. I am starting to collect the princess barbies for her. She loves to play with the 2 I got her. Mine loves Barbie and I have no clue why! Every time she seems them at the store she goes "it's Barbie" but with a Boston accent (we live in south Florida, have no idea where that came from).

It is never too much info, you obviously love your daughter
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #2102
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hamilton Ohio
Posts: 484

kathies

I have a question for the people who get to try out the Magic Bands! Are your vacations paid in full already? Maybe that is one of the tricks to being picked to get to test them out? I really want to be a tester but my trip is not paid in full yet so I am wondering.
KathieSmallwood is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #2103
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend
 
Princess Katherine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I have a question for the people who get to try out the Magic Bands! Are your vacations paid in full already? Maybe that is one of the tricks to being picked to get to test them out? I really want to be a tester but my trip is not paid in full yet so I am wondering.
We got them and our trip is not paid in full.

Katie
__________________
Princess Katherine is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #2104
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Haha! I will have to look for snow whites cottage. I know we have everything else (thanks to Nana). The clip clop has arrived for Christmas. I would try the smaller toys but my ds1 still loves to put everything in his mouth, so I must hold off for now. I am starting to collect the princess barbies for her. She loves to play with the 2 I got her. Mine loves Barbie and I have no clue why! Every time she seems them at the store she goes "it's Barbie" but with a Boston accent (we live in south Florida, have no idea where that came from).

It is never too much info, you obviously love your daughter
There is also a new Aladdin and Jasmine with carpet! Most of ours also came from Grandma! And ALL of the Polly Pcoket ones did. I refuse to pay that much for them!
harleyquinn is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #2105
dmaz
Mouseketeer
 
dmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 461

Our trip is not paid in full and is a room only reservation. I have received multiple emails to test and customize bands.
__________________
DH Me DD13 DS9 DS8

Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
dmaz is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #2106
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 293

Magic Band testers - how close you your trip were you asked to test? We just booked for CR about a week ago, for 3 weeks from now. Wondering if that will take us out of the running?
__________________
DH , Me , DS , DD , DS

Diz Kids is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #2107
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,215

Is this a legitimate concern?

We're waiting patiently to be able to book BLT on cash for next July. I've been watching June and it seems that at 11 months in advance of the check OUT day for our stay we should be able to book.

My fear...

We are looking at staying during Value2 season which begins on July 13. Our dates are pretty flexible within the frame of July 13-25 (any 7 nights within that range of dates.) We finally decided on Thursday-Thursday (July 17-24,) however, I began to worry that many others would also be waiting for Value2 season and would be booking to check in on the first day (July 13) since that's a Sunday. They'd be staying through that week, which in turn, would mean when it was our time to be able to book, the first few days of our stay might be sold out because they'd be at the end of the week for those checking in on July 13. Does that make sense?

Example:
Family A - travel dates July 13 - 20
Our Family - travel dates July 17-24

Family A can book starting on August 20 of this year
We can't book until August 24 of this year

If Family A books their week (with the limited inventory there is for cash ressies,) what is the likelihood that our dates will come up unavailable because our first 3 days are during the end of their week?


Is this really a moot point since most people are booking with points and the seasons are different? I'm so worried we're going to miss out. We sort of have all our eggs in one basket with this one! (And yes, I looked into renting points, but the huge amount up front and the no cancellation are steering us away from that.)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #2108
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We're waiting patiently to be able to book BLT on cash for next July. I've been watching June and it seems that at 11 months in advance of the check OUT day for our stay we should be able to book.

My fear...

We are looking at staying during Value2 season which begins on July 13. Our dates are pretty flexible within the frame of July 13-25 (any 7 nights within that range of dates.) We finally decided on Thursday-Thursday (July 17-24,) however, I began to worry that many others would also be waiting for Value2 season and would be booking to check in on the first day (July 13) since that's a Sunday. They'd be staying through that week, which in turn, would mean when it was our time to be able to book, the first few days of our stay might be sold out because they'd be at the end of the week for those checking in on July 13. Does that make sense?

Example:
Family A - travel dates July 13 - 20
Our Family - travel dates July 17-24

Family A can book starting on August 20 of this year
We can't book until August 24 of this year

If Family A books their week (with the limited inventory there is for cash ressies,) what is the likelihood that our dates will come up unavailable because our first 3 days are during the end of their week?


Is this really a moot point since most people are booking with points and the seasons are different? I'm so worried we're going to miss out. We sort of have all our eggs in one basket with this one! (And yes, I looked into renting points, but the huge amount up front and the no cancellation are steering us away from that.)

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
I can only offer our experience booking BLT on a cash basis. In April we decided to book BLT for next Feb (Value1), so 10 months out. Even though I was not able to book online because 2014 dates were not available, I was able to call and book with no problems. We booked a 1BR LV. Now with that said, I did book during an off peak period and Sat to Sat. But I honestly think that there is enough inventory that you should be able to get what you want when you are able to finally call and book it. I have also found that availability changes on a daily basis and people cancel all the time, so even if you are not able to get exactly what you want when you call, keep checking.
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #2109
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 440

If you are booking a cash reservation does the 11 months still apply? I thought if I booked a cash stay i could book even 12+ months out via phone through CRO. (I am not a DVC owner so I might be mistaken.)
buckeyecinderella is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #2110
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
If you are booking a cash reservation does the 11 months still apply? I thought if I booked a cash stay i could book even 12+ months out via phone through CRO. (I am not a DVC owner so I might be mistaken.)
Members cannot book until 11 months out and BLT is pretty much sold out. Unless a BLT owner has traded their points for a DCL vacation or other Disney vacation (not DVC), there might not be any availability at all for cash reservations through Disney Reservation Center.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #2111
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,780

Broken Window Causes Relocation of Chef Mickey's
Leah Zanolla

Guests at Chef Mickey's at Walt Disney World got a scare around 11:00 this morning, as one of the large windows above the restaurant broke and glass fell into the dining area. For those who aren't familiar with the location, Chef Mickey's is located in the open lobby of the Contemporary Resort, with large picture windows up above. One of the guests dining this morning, Peter Jones, posted a photo of the broken window on Facebook, stating, "Luckily we had already met all the 'chefs' when it sounded like hail. We looked up to see the window crumbling and glass bouncing all over the floor and some tables." Jones added, "Staff were great and kept us safe. Food available but we left as storm was coming."

Chef Mickey's will temporarily operate from the Ballroom of Americas on the second floor of the resort.






Peter Jones - Facebook
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #2112
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I can only offer our experience booking BLT on a cash basis. In April we decided to book BLT for next Feb (Value1), so 10 months out. Even though I was not able to book online because 2014 dates were not available, I was able to call and book with no problems. We booked a 1BR LV. Now with that said, I did book during an off peak period and Sat to Sat. But I honestly think that there is enough inventory that you should be able to get what you want when you are able to finally call and book it. I have also found that availability changes on a daily basis and people cancel all the time, so even if you are not able to get exactly what you want when you call, keep checking.
Thank you so much! Since our dates are flexible, maybe we'll just keep checking throughout that time period until we're able to secure something. Thanks for your advice! You calmed my fears a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
If you are booking a cash reservation does the 11 months still apply? I thought if I booked a cash stay i could book even 12+ months out via phone through CRO. (I am not a DVC owner so I might be mistaken.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Members cannot book until 11 months out and BLT is pretty much sold out. Unless a BLT owner has traded their points for a DCL vacation or other Disney vacation (not DVC), there might not be any availability at all for cash reservations through Disney Reservation Center.
I've been watching June of next year as it leads up to the dates we're looking to book and there has been quite a large amount of inventory available through CRO. It seems like the 1 bedroom lake view and the studios are booking pretty quickly, but everything else has seemed to have had availability at the 11 month mark. For example: I just checked June 19-26 (today would be the 11 month mark for the check out day,) and the following are available through CRO:

Studio TPV
1 Bedroom TPV
2 Bedroom TPV
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #2113
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Broken Window Causes Relocation of Chef Mickey's
Leah Zanolla

Guests at Chef Mickey's at Walt Disney World got a scare around 11:00 this morning, as one of the large windows above the restaurant broke and glass fell into the dining area. For those who aren't familiar with the location, Chef Mickey's is located in the open lobby of the Contemporary Resort, with large picture windows up above. One of the guests dining this morning, Peter Jones, posted a photo of the broken window on Facebook, stating, "Luckily we had already met all the 'chefs' when it sounded like hail. We looked up to see the window crumbling and glass bouncing all over the floor and some tables." Jones added, "Staff were great and kept us safe. Food available but we left as storm was coming."

Chef Mickey's will temporarily operate from the Ballroom of Americas on the second floor of the resort.






Peter Jones - Facebook
Yikes! Glad everyone was ok!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #2114
Terra2721
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2

Help with planning 1st trip

Help with 1st time trip planning!
Hello all. My family is beginning to plan a first time trip to WDW for Thanksgiving week 2014. I have read several threads but find all this information very overwhelming. So I thought I would post and ask you amazingly experienced people for help.

On this trip will be my brother's family (2 adults 3 kids: ages 9, 7, 5), my parents (2 adults), my family (1 adult 1 kid: age 3.5), and possibly my little brother (2 adults).

Questions
1. We are planning on staying at the Contemporary resort (mainly because of the close location to MK....I am fairly sure my son 3.5 will still be napping).
----What would be the best room (Bay Lakes Tower?) accommodations...right now we are thinking 2 bedroom suites.
----Any specific room #'s we should try to get?
-----Should we consider Club level?
Terra2721 is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #2115
dmaz
Mouseketeer
 
dmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
Magic Band testers - how close you your trip were you asked to test? We just booked for CR about a week ago, for 3 weeks from now. Wondering if that will take us out of the running?
Nope shouldn't matter. Changed my dates and hotels from BW to CR a week ago. Only a few weeks out from trip. Wasn't eligible at BW but saw everything pop up once I switched. Customized my bands last Sat or Sun and they were here by Tues. A full day or 2 before the paper invitation came.
__________________
DH Me DD13 DS9 DS8

Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
dmaz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: