Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #2086
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Yes I have tried them on. They are very comfy. I could sleep in them and I have. I cannot even tell I am wearing one! It is super cool!

Katie
Old 07-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #2087
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
Yes I have tried them on. They are very comfy. I could sleep in them and I have. I cannot even tell I am wearing one! It is super cool!

Katie
Sleeping in them already. You truly are ready for your trip.
I can't sleep with any jewelry on so I hope I find the bands as comfy as you. What color did you opt for? How did you schedule your FP+ times?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #2088
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok so I heard from one of my relatives who is a DVC owner that at the Contemporary there is a whole floor that is a play area for kids. Is this true? If so where and does anyone have pictures of it? Thank you
There is the "community hall" on the first floor of BLT that has games for kids. I wouldn't call it the whole floor by any stretch.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #2089
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post

Sleeping in them already. You truly are ready for your trip.
I can't sleep with any jewelry on so I hope I find the bands as comfy as you. What color did you opt for? How did you schedule your FP+ times?
I got the blue one! I scheduled in order of how long the lines are.

Katie
Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #2090
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

There is the "community hall" on the first floor of BLT that has games for kids. I wouldn't call it the whole floor by any stretch.
Thank you!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #2091
pajamasam
Earning My Ears

Garden Wing - Lake View Pics

Have a GW - GR booked for March 2014. I'd like to have a 1st floor room as close to the lake/beach as possible (rooms 6101-6130). Would anyone happen to have pictures from these rooms? Is the beach anything like the Poly beach? How far from your patio do you have to walk to get on the beach?
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #2092
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Feel free to add me to the Log-o-rail!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
Please add me to the Log-o-rail as well. Just switched our 10 night stay next Jul/Aug from AKL Savanna to CR Tower Theme Park View - thank you military discount!!

Our ultimate goal is a 2BR at BLT, but we'll be thrilled with these rooms as well!

Our dates are 29 Jul - 8 Aug 2014.
Thank you for your service and congratulations on booking! I'm thinking I need to book something for next year now before the military inventory runs dry! Maybe I'll do it while there next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchesbrew View Post
I think we just got lucky with the dates. We're going May 24-28th. I know the standard view in the garden wing is hard to get because it is such a good rate. Is there something going on Sept. 2014 that would have caused the rooms to be booked up so early? Maybe people booked it in hopes of getting FD with it later on? Hopefully people will cancel and you'll be able to get the room!

Thanks, WDWKOOK! It's actually my DH that is in the Army. Although I did serve 10 years in the Air Force I love the military discount! I'm so grateful they renewed it for next year!
Please add our dates to the Log-o-rail May 24-28, 2014
HOOAH! Thank you for yours and DH's service! My DH is retired USAF. I'd be happy to add you

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
One interior shot.

She's such a flirt. .
There's that goofy guy! Did Mrs. psac take that or is it a selfie? I hope your DW got back at you with a nice photo with Mickey.

Quote:
Ok so I heard from one of my relatives who is a DVC owner that at the Contemporary there is a whole floor that is a play area for kids. Is this true? If so where and does anyone have pictures of it? Thank you
The only indoor kid's area at CR would be the arcade which is on the 4th floor. There are many photos on the first page. There are also photos of the Community Hall at BLT in the BLT section on the first page. But it's only for the use of BLT guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite84 View Post
Can I get added to the log?

We are booked March 17-23, 2014, in the GW. So excited and love this thread!
Of course you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
So you are able to get magic bands without having tickets??? I will be getting free tickets for my next 2 trips as well, and wanted magic bands- so yay!! Both my hotels are doing the test, so I am hopeful!
You have to have tickets. Even though we have AP vouchers, they haven't been activated yet so we weren't asked to participate. I'll see if I can get more information next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
If there is, I have not found it the past two times I have been there
Maybe they were thinking of Chef Mickey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post

Katie
That's Disney dedication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
Have a GW - GR booked for March 2014. I'd like to have a 1st floor room as close to the lake/beach as possible (rooms 6101-6130). Would anyone happen to have pictures from these rooms? Is the beach anything like the Poly beach? How far from your patio do you have to walk to get on the beach?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome! We had a ground floor GW room that faced Bay Lake. It was on the very end closest to the pool. Here are a couple of photos from the first page:

I also stayed in a canal-facing room and there are some photos HERE.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #2093
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Search and Rescue to get us off the 2nd page!

Also ticker checking, I've got 4 months and 2 weeks!! So excited.

Quote:
I am so glad they are comfy. I've been reading some comments from the skeptics that Disney may have made them just a tad on the side of uncomfy so people would pay for the add-ons they offer. I know nothing about that, and I'm so relieved that you don't find them uncomfortable.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #2094
Hulles
Martian Mickey

Alas it seems next year we wont be at the Contemporary The cost and time frames just didnt fall into place. For 2014 we ended up booking a Grand Floridian deluxe studio villa in June. I will no doubt stop by the Contemporary while there though! For the last two years we stayed at Bay Lake Tower and it was awesome Time to give something else a try I guess!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #2095
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
So you are able to get magic bands without having tickets??? I will be getting free tickets for my next 2 trips as well, and wanted magic bands- so yay!! Both my hotels are doing the test, so I am hopeful!
Yes, but we are booked as a package. A travel agent rate is technically a package without tickets. I don't think anyone with a room only reservation is being chosen for the test. You will definitely be able to order and use them when the full system comes out, but probably not test them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
I am so glad they are comfy. I've been reading some comments from the skeptics that Disney may have made them just a tad on the side of uncomfy so people would pay for the add-ons they offer. I know nothing about that, and I'm so relieved that you don't find them uncomfortable.
I find them pretty uncomfortable. My DD wore hers for about 3 seconds before complaining.

They feel very similar to a plastic watch to me. Just the band would be okay, but the spot with the chip is very hard. There is no way my family will be keeping them on in August. I plan to hook them to my bag.

Last edited by harleyquinn; 07-26-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #2096
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

Yes, but we are booked as a package. A travel agent rate is technically a package without tickets. I don't think anyone with a room only reservation is being chosen for the test. You will definitely be able to order and use them when the full system comes out, but probably not test them.

I find them pretty uncomfortable. My DD wore hers for about 3 seconds before complaining.

They feel very similar to a plastic watch to me. Just the band would be okay, but the spot with the chip is very hard. There is no way my family will be keeping them on in August. I plan to hook them to my bag.
Is that the little people princess castle in the background? My dd3 loves hers! How old is your dd? Just wondering if mine would wear it or not
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #2097
dmaz
Mouseketeer

Room Only Ressie Tester here. You definitely did not need to book a package. They will let you test as long as you are able to link the tickets online. There are different options for ticket types online We have leftover days from 09' and I was able to link them, got email and paper invite, bands, etc.

So excited to finally be staying here and to test out the new technology!

Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #2098
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

Not trying to be nosey but I am wondering is your trip paid in full? Maybe that is a way to get picked to test the magic bands? I would love to test them out and thinking maybe I will get picked if I pay in full? We are staying at Bay Lake.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #2099
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Just a gentle bump to move us off of the 2nd page

Anybody there currently who can update us on the never-ending debacle of Fridgegate 2013?

We check in to CR 37 days
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #2100
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Is that the little people princess castle in the background? My dd3 loves hers! How old is your dd? Just wondering if mine would wear it or not
Yes! We own EVERY single LP Disney item, including the brand new Snow White's cottage. She just turned 4 on Tuesday. She has been playing with the Polly Pocket sized princesses more now, but she still plays with her LP at least 3 times a week. We also got her the new Clip clop Princess Pony stable for her birthday and it's soooo cute.

We also have EVERY single Disney princess barbie, prince and some of the villians, plus the extra clothes they used to sell on Disney shopping. We bought the first 8 princess set when she was 2 and we've been adding to it everytime I find stuff on clearance. But she isn't interested in Barbies yet. lol

Sorry...that was way too much info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaz View Post
Room Only Ressie Tester here. You definitely did not need to book a package. They will let you test as long as you are able to link the tickets online. There are different options for ticket types online We have leftover days from 09' and I was able to link them, got email and paper invite, bands, etc.

So excited to finally be staying here and to test out the new technology!
That's very good to know! Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Not trying to be nosey but I am wondering is your trip paid in full? Maybe that is a way to get picked to test the magic bands? I would love to test them out and thinking maybe I will get picked if I pay in full? We are staying at Bay Lake.
Yes it is, but only because it has to be (within the window). When are you staying? I wonder if after the August testing they might move to testers at other resorts?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: