Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #2011
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Last week we received our "Mickey" mail and I noticed that there weren't any vouchers for the mugs (we are on DP). It says we get them but I'm not sure how we get them. Have they switch away from doing vouchers? Do we just present our KTTW card to get them?

Also, we received our Magic Bands today for the MyMagic+ test next month! We're all kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. We've got all of our FP+ selections made (weird doing that being it is a month away). We'll see how it goes!
They are attached to your room key. When you check in/get kttw card or band you got to qs location on property pick your number of mugs and tell the cashier you are on the dining plan.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #2012
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
I second that. TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER!

Katie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #2013
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks to this board we decided on part if not all of our stay at cr! thanks for all the info. Just waiting to decide on garden wing or tower?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[CENTER]TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
I second that. TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER!

Katie
I third that! Tower is AMAZING!!! I actually had to convince my kids to stay at BLT next time because they love the tower so much!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #2014
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I third that! Tower is AMAZING!!! I actually had to convince my kids to stay at BLT next time because they love the tower so much!!!!
DH wants to someday do a BLT/CR-CL split! Have you considered that?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #2015
princessap
DIS Veteran

LOL. You guys are awesome!!

The reason I was contemplating garden wing was a cheaper stay but still being close to MK. We won't be in the room the first night as we always do wishes in the park. The second day we will be using the pool etc and doing mnsshp that night so again not in the room. We want to do dinners at boma and 1900 park fare and California grill hopefully. So we won't be in the room lots at all.

Is it worth it to be in the tower? I thought of doing garden wing for four nights and upgrading to TPV for last three nights?,!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #2016
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think we would use the cl enough to make it worth the money.

Where were you off to soon??
Old 07-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #2017
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hubby says absolutely NO SPLITS!!!! He says once he is settled he likes to stay put, although he is definitely not the one who packs and unpacks I really think we are going to like the space in the 1BR and now with TPV, hopefully the kids won't miss the tower too much, especially since I am sure we will be in it everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #2018
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks. I have always wanted to stay here but my kids want to stay at the poly again. I like the proximity to mk as we spend a lot of time there. I am thinking of booking garden wing and then upgrading if discounts come out. This is our last disney trip for a long time and our first time onsite for a week doing all the parks so I am super excited!! I have contemplated split stay with poly too so will see what happens.

Did you like tower better than garden wing??
Hi! We just stayed in a Garden Wing room a week ago for two nights before our cruise. I have stayed at Poly and GF many times, but this was our first CR stay. I loved the Garden Wing. We booked a standard view and were upgraded to a view where we saw water and a lovely courtyard (4th floor). It was really quiet and peaceful at CR in the Garden Wing. We all remarked how noisy it must be to have a tower room overlooking Chef Mickeys. The room cost us just a shade under $300.00 per night with summer discounts, so much less than a room in the tower. We walked to MK to catch a boat to the Poly after the monorail broke down and walked to and from MK park the next day. The rooms were nice, spacious, could have been cleaner but ok. Tower rooms are identical and I would not have wanted to pay much more than I did. Not that you asked, but we liked CR a lot: pool, rooms, location, lack of crowds. But the theming of the Poly still wins for us, hands down. Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #2019
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
Hi! We just stayed in a Garden Wing room a week ago for two nights before our cruise. I have stayed at Poly and GF many times, but this was our first CR stay. I loved the Garden Wing. We booked a standard view and were upgraded to a view where we saw water and a lovely courtyard (4th floor). It was really quiet and peaceful at CR in the Garden Wing. We all remarked how noisy it must be to have a tower room overlooking Chef Mickeys. The room cost us just a shade under $300.00 per night with summer discounts, so much less than a room in the tower. We walked to MK to catch a boat to the Poly after the monorail broke down and walked to and from MK park the next day. The rooms were nice, spacious, could have been cleaner but ok. Tower rooms are identical and I would not have wanted to pay much more than I did. Not that you asked, but we liked CR a lot: pool, rooms, location, lack of crowds. But the theming of the Poly still wins for us, hands down. Enjoy!
Thanks. We loved the poly after we stayed there for two nights this march. My kids want to go back there but there is construction planned for when we want to go so am thinking CR or CR/AKV split stay.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #2020
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Everyone talks about the view from TPV with regards to the fireworks and while that is the view that I look forward to, you also can't beat the daytime view. You can be in your room and still have the magic of the parks! It's wonderful for the first thing you see in the morning to be the castle and space mountain. If you get an odd numbered room, you can actually lay in your bed and see the castle. Nothing like bringing the sights of MK right into your room.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #2021
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

They are attached to your room key. When you check in/get kttw card or band you got to qs location on property pick your number of mugs and tell the cashier you are on the dining plan.
Thanks!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #2022
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Thanks, much!
What does NLT mean?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #2023
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL. You guys are awesome!!

The reason I was contemplating garden wing was a cheaper stay but still being close to MK. We won't be in the room the first night as we always do wishes in the park. The second day we will be using the pool etc and doing mnsshp that night so again not in the room. We want to do dinners at boma and 1900 park fare and California grill hopefully. So we won't be in the room lots at all.

Is it worth it to be in the tower? I thought of doing garden wing for four nights and upgrading to TPV for last three nights?,!
We honestly loved waking up in the tower and watching the MK wake up. If GW for a few nights is easier on the budget I would say that it a good compromise. But if you can swing it, the tower really is magical all day. We are pretty park intensive and don't spend a ton of time in the room, but every minute we were in the room we were on the balcony just feeling totally immersed in Disney.

My Trip Reports:

Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #2024
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We honestly loved waking up in the tower and watching the MK wake up. If GW for a few nights is easier on the budget I would say that it a good compromise. But if you can swing it, the tower really is magical all day. We are pretty park intensive and don't spend a ton of time in the room, but every minute we were in the room we were on the balcony just feeling totally immersed in Disney.

Thanks. I really want to as dh said this is last disney trip for years

did you do lakeview or tpv?? I thougjt i remember pricing the two out with the discounts and there wasnt a huge price difference
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #2025
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks. I really want to as dh said this is last disney trip for years

did you do lakeview or tpv?? I thougjt i remember pricing the two out with the discounts and there wasnt a huge price difference
We have done both, but when did LV we stayed CL so we had the MK view from the lounge. Our last stay was just TPV and even though I missed the serenity of Bay Lake, TPV is truly magical. DH and I sat out on the balcony after the kids were asleep and thoroughly enjoyed the view. I think the difference was about $30-$35 per night. Well worth it for us.

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: