Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #1996
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thank you for posting. Just curious, did you speak to the call center? If so, they might not have the most up to date information and may only have the estimate that all TAs were given that estimated up to 4 months to complete all resorts.

I had a direct contact at WL who reported that they were done replacing recalled fridges there last week. But, it's possible CR has many more recalled fridges than WL had and will take longer.
When I asked if she was at the actual hotel she replied that she was, though I pulled the phone number from the web, so who really knows.
Do you have the confirmed front desk number? If you are allowed to share, I would love it. Or if you have a moment, might you be able to call? Trying to figure out our garden grocer order. Thanks so much!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #1997
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

I have a question similar to KathySmallwood. We're in a 2 bedroom lakeview, and am unsure about room requests. How far in advance should requests be made? I know the are just requests, so am not sure if the timing truly matters? Our trip isn't until May '14.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1998
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I am a newbie and soooo confused looking at room charts. I booked a stay for a 1 bedroom park view but have noticed alot of people saying they are not happy with some of the rooms for a theme park view. I am thinking I want to see some of the lake also. So do I ask for a outer room on the curve for this type of view? Is this a good view for fireworks? Do I ask for a even numbered room on the North end? I don't want to look at the contemporary and the is the south curve, right? HELP!
We've never stayed at BLT so I can't answer your questions, but hopefully someone familiar with BLT will be able to offer some suggestions for you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I have a question similar to KathySmallwood. We're in a 2 bedroom lakeview, and am unsure about room requests. How far in advance should requests be made? I know the are just requests, so am not sure if the timing truly matters? Our trip isn't until May '14.
You can make room requests at any time. Rooms don't get assigned until a few days prior to your stay, so IMO, making requests a year in advance isn't really any different than making them a month in advance. With that said, I usually make requests when I make the reservation, that way I don't forget to do it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #1999
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
I am a newbie and soooo confused looking at room charts. I booked a stay for a 1 bedroom park view but have noticed alot of people saying they are not happy with some of the rooms for a theme park view. I am thinking I want to see some of the lake also. So do I ask for a outer room on the curve for this type of view? Is this a good view for fireworks? Do I ask for a even numbered room on the North end? I don't want to look at the contemporary and the is the south curve, right? HELP!
We were there Oct 12 and requested a 1BR on the outside curve. Had a view of the lake and fireworks...super nice not to leave the room to watch the fireworks !
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #2000
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and rooms has been extended through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #2001
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
OMG!!!! I can't wait until Feb!!! Everything I have seen so far looks amazing. The kids are super excited to sit and watch Wishes too!!!! Can't believe we didn't go last Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So are you already booked? Can't wait to read about your stay!

Quote:
For BLT room location questions, you can't beat posting to Work2Play's BLT room view thread, if you haven't already done so. She has a great chart in her first post and very knowledgeable posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefans View Post
Thanks so much!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
When I asked if she was at the actual hotel she replied that she was, though I pulled the phone number from the web, so who really knows.
Do you have the confirmed front desk number? If you are allowed to share, I would love it. Or if you have a moment, might you be able to call? Trying to figure out our garden grocer order. Thanks so much!
I only have the direct/onsite number for the CL IPO. Since I'm booked at WL/CL, I'd feel a little funny bothering the CR/GF IPO. But, if someone else is booked CR/CL, they could email or call for you perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Please see my post above for the BLT thread link. You can add your room location request to your reservation anytime, but make sure it's in there NLT about a week prior to arrival. Reservations are usually dropped into the resort system about 3-5 days prior to arrival which is when the Room Assignor will assign your room.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #2002
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:

For BLT room location questions, you can't beat posting to Work2Play's BLT room view thread, if you haven't already done so. She has a great chart in her first post and very knowledgeable posters.

Please see my post above for the BLT thread link. You can add your room location request to your reservation anytime, but make sure it's in there NLT about a week prior to arrival. Reservations are usually dropped into the resort system about 3-5 days prior to arrival which is when the Room Assignor will assign your room.

Thanks, much!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #2003
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?
If you can book the tower (any view) now, then do it. My family of 4 stayed in CR, South GW, Lake view in 1988 during our first Disney vacation and again 1990. It has taken me 25 years to finally book a tower room. Since day one, it has been a dream to do so. Seems in previous years, we could not be certain of getting a tower room since tower rooms were assigned according to any other "room requests" and were not guaranteed. So don't put it off. Things change fast. Loved the lake view rooms. The passing by of the Disney Navy each morning was an entertaining alarm clock that helped us make it on time for rope drops. That and all those wake up songs from the birds on Discover Island. That walk to the tower door each morning was a glorious sight, but only made us wish we had one of those rooms way up high. A dream is a heart your wish makes credit card payments for. Whatever.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #2004
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

We walk it going to the park and back from the park to BLT. It is shorter in AM and you avoid the crowds waiting for monorail in the PM.
We monorail nuts dig the fact that most of the walk is right under the monorail tracks. There is a video of the entire walk from the CR bus stop to the MK gate on Googly Plus Disney...a very SLOW walk so the camera was steady and could pan all around. I plan to walk it with my cup of coffee so that my starting fluid will kick in by the time I reach that weird gold ball with the not so hidden Mickey on it.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #2005
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
If you can book the tower (any view) now, then do it. My family of 4 stayed in CR, South GW, Lake view in 1988 during our first Disney vacation and again 1990. It has taken me 25 years to finally book a tower room. Since day one, it has been a dream to do so. Seems in previous years, we could not be certain of getting a tower room since tower rooms were assigned according to any other "room requests" and were not guaranteed. So don't put it off. Things change fast. Loved the lake view rooms. The passing by of the Disney Navy each morning was an entertaining alarm clock that helped us make it on time for rope drops. That and all those wake up songs from the birds on Discover Island. That walk to the tower door each morning was a glorious sight, but only made us wish we had one of those rooms way up high. A dream is a heart your wish makes credit card payments for. Whatever.
thanks. I have always wanted to stay here but my kids want to stay at the poly again. I like the proximity to mk as we spend a lot of time there. I am thinking of booking garden wing and then upgrading if discounts come out. This is our last disney trip for a long time and our first time onsite for a week doing all the parks so I am super excited!! I have contemplated split stay with poly too so will see what happens.

Did you like tower better than garden wing??
Old 07-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #2006
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Last week we received our "Mickey" mail and I noticed that there weren't any vouchers for the mugs (we are on DP). It says we get them but I'm not sure how we get them. Have they switch away from doing vouchers? Do we just present our KTTW card to get them?

Also, we received our Magic Bands today for the MyMagic+ test next month! We're all kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. We've got all of our FP+ selections made (weird doing that being it is a month away). We'll see how it goes!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #2007
WDWKOOK

Quote:
We monorail nuts dig the fact that most of the walk is right under the monorail tracks. There is a video of the entire walk from the CR bus stop to the MK gate on Googly Plus Disney...a very SLOW walk so the camera was steady and could pan all around. I plan to walk it with my cup of coffee so that my starting fluid will kick in by the time I reach that weird gold ball with the not so hidden Mickey on it.
I don't know if it's the same video, but in the Transportation section on the first page, I have a link to a video of the walk from the CR lobby escalator to the MK - it's about 10 minutes - plenty of time for you to refuel.

Quote:
Bay Lake View is our favorite view, too. Congratulations on finally booking a Tower room! You'll LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Last week we received our "Mickey" mail and I noticed that there weren't any vouchers for the mugs (we are on DP). It says we get them but I'm not sure how we get them. Have they switch away from doing vouchers? Do we just present our KTTW card to get them?

Also, we received our Magic Bands today for the MyMagic+ test next month! We're all kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. We've got all of our FP+ selections made (weird doing that being it is a month away). We'll see how it goes!
I can't answer your mug question, but hopefully someone will. That's neat that you received your MBs. I wonder if we'll get them at check-in next week?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #2008
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks to this board we decided on part if not all of our stay at cr! thanks for all the info. Just waiting to decide on garden wing or tower?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #2009
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Thanks to this board we decided on part if not all of our stay at cr! thanks for all the info. Just waiting to decide on garden wing or tower?
TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER

Old 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #2010
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER
I second that. TOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWERTOWER!

Katie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: