Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1966
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Did you enjoy your stay there? It will be five of us there (one infant) and I like the close proximity to MK without the big price tag! Lol

I agree about the splash pad at grand Floridian. It looks super cute! I am going to attempt to get a studio there if I can for our trip so the cr is our back up if we don't get it or poly is under construction. For some reason I cannot get over the lack of kid friendly pool there.
My DH likes all the food options there and he wants to try somewhere new so we are in a great debate!
If you are looking at a BLT studio, you know they are really small? When you pull out the sleeper sofa, you might have a hard time trying to find a place to put the packnplay. Are the other four in your party all adults or two adults and two small kids? I'd go for the Wing room instead of the BLT studio any day. Much more room. All you lack is a microwave and they have one at the counter service area.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #1967
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you are looking at a BLT studio, you know they are really small? When you pull out the sleeper sofa, you might have a hard time trying to find a place to put the packnplay. Are the other four in your party all adults or two adults and two small kids? I'd go for the Wing room instead of the BLT studio any day. Much more room. All you lack is a microwave and they have one at the counter service area.
ITA about those BLT Studios Vs. CR.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #1968
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am actually considering a studio t vGF as they fit five and I think it looks super cute! If free dining is the promo out then we will do a stay at only one resort and for that I am thinking of the garden wing. I have read on here it is not convenient for the monorail or filling up your mug though ?

I wish th cr had a cuter pool area for kids!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #1969
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
I am actually considering a studio t vGF as they fit five and I think it looks super cute! If free dining is the promo out then we will do a stay at only one resort and for that I am thinking of the garden wing. I have read on here it is not convenient for the monorail or filling up your mug though ?

It's really no less convenient than a tower room where you have to wait for the elevator (and wait and wait). It was a lot more convenient when the Food and Fun Center was on the ground floor though.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1970
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
Did you enjoy your stay there? It will be five of us there (one infant) and I like the close proximity to MK without the big price tag! Lol
Yes, I love the Contemporary and would do it again. It's walking distance from MK and it's the first stop on the monorail coming back. The rooms in the wing are great and much more economical than the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. I love the breakfast buffet in "The Wave" and it's on the first floor as soon as you enter the main building from the rear. I'd wager it took me less time to get there than people staying in the main building. The escalators to Chef Mickey's/Contempo are right there, so it's really convenient.

We were three, so I can't comment on 5 because I don't know the sleeping arrangements. However, the room itself is bigger than most hotel rooms and included two bathroom sinks.

Quote:
My DH likes all the food options there and he wants to try somewhere new so we are in a great debate!
The Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian all have great restaurants. My 8 year old loved Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It was better than I was expecting, but the breakfast buffet at "The Wave" was superior (minus characters) IMHO. The GF has Citricos, which is a must do for dinner. Expensive, upscale and delicious. The Kona Cafe at the Polynesian is great, too. A breakfast consisting of Tonga Toast and Macadamia Nut pancakes was a sinful delight. Dinner at Kona can include sushi, which may not be reflected on the website. Sadly, the California Grill was closed. I wanted to try it so bad.

I wouldn't choose a hotel based on its restaurants. I would choose it on other amenities and price. All three resorts on the monorail are close enough to each other that going to a different one to eat is a quick ride away. Personally, I'd save my money and stay at the Contemporary. It's expensive enough.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #1971
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks

Unless we do TPV it will be garden wing for us! I love hearing about all the dining options at other places.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #1972
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Are there quick/counter service places at CR?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1973
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
There is the Contempo Cafe which is located next to Chef Mickeys. I had a really good flatbread there once. We stopped for lunch and it was nice and quiet. Loved watching the monorail go in and out.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #1974
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Welcome! There are menus/photos and more CR dining information on the first page HERE and HERE
Old 07-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #1975
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:

I think you can use the BLT pool which has a very cute splash area for the kids, from what I hear.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #1976
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
I think you can use the BLT pool which has a very cute splash area for the kids, from what I hear.
CR guests cannot use the BLT pool. The BLT splash area is cute and there are photos in the BLT/recreation section on the second page of the thread.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #1977
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
CR guests cannot use the BLT pool. The BLT splash area is cute and there are photos in the BLT/recreation section on the second page of the thread.
Oh, sorry. wonder why they allow BLT to use CR pool.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 07-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #1978
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Oh, sorry. wonder why they allow BLT to use CR pool.
No problem at all! I believe that if you have a DVC reservation and you're staying at a DVC resort, the rules are that you can "pool hop."
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #1979
princessap
DIS Veteran

Bummer. that would have been perfect

Is there any splash area at CR?? I wonder why they don't make their pool more enticing!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #1980
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Bummer. that would have been perfect

Is there any splash area at CR?? I wonder why they don't make their pool more enticing!
CR has its own splash area. There are photos on the first page HERE. There are also fountains in the pool and one hot tub within the pool and one next to the pool and a beach. I think it's a great pool area.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: