Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #1951
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Mickeynut1
I always said I would only stay in the tower with TPV...but now I am wondering if it will be worth it if we are in the park at night for MNSSHP and I am hoping to do dinner at California grill and watch wishes from the lounge another night...my concern with garden wing is that people say it is a far walk to the tower.

I am hoping to book VGF if there is availability for it! but if not am considering CR/AKV split...crazy I am!
It is not a long walk at all. It is very close from the exit of the Tower to the entrance of the Garden Wing, and it is covered. Now, if you had the furthest room into the Garden Wing (which would net you a nice view), it might be a slight walk, but really, it is not far at all. And the rooms are identical in terms of size, decor, etc.
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #1952
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
It is not a long walk at all. It is very close from the exit of the Tower to the entrance of the Garden Wing, and it is covered. Now, if you had the furthest room into the Garden Wing (which would net you a nice view), it might be a slight walk, but really, it is not far at all. And the rooms are identical in terms of size, decor, etc.
are you staying in the garden wing or tower when you go?

I like the idea of being so close to the MK especially after MNSSHP. plus DH wants to try other dining options and CR has some great ones!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1953
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
are you staying in the garden wing or tower when you go?

I like the idea of being so close to the MK especially after MNSSHP. plus DH wants to try other dining options and CR has some great ones!
I will probably be in Tower (we are going for a conference and you can request Tower room at same conference rate as Garden Wing). We have stayed twice before in Garden Wing (once South and once in the old now torn down North Wing). Is the Tower room more convenient and magical? Yes, but noisier and busier and some have reported elevator issues, although we did not experience that when we were there. However, for the price difference, if I were footing the bill, I would def not hesitate to do Garden Wing. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's a long walk from there to Tower. It's much shorter than our walk from a POR preferred room to the Riverside food court, and it's covered.

Only you know what you can afford and what will please your family, but if it comes down to the walk to the tower, that is a total non-issue IMHO.

Regardless, CR can be a magical place to stay and has great access to the MK Enjoy!
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1954
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

CA Grill...

I asked the WL/CL IPO when CA Grill would be re-opening, but she didn't have an answer. However, MouseSavers is reporting that it is closed through 8/24, which implies it will be re-opening 8/25. I'm disappointed it won't be open before we leave on the 10th, but I hope some of you get to book it!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #1955
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I asked the WL/CL IPO when CA Grill would be re-opening, but she didn't have an answer. However, MouseSavers is reporting that it is closed through 8/24, which implies it will be re-opening 8/25. I'm disappointed it won't be open before we leave on the 10th, but I hope some of you get to book it!
Keeping fingers and toes and everything else crossed that it will be open when we are there the 2nd week of Sept.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1956
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Is the Tower room more convenient and magical? Yes, but noisier and busier and some have reported elevator issues, although we did not experience that when we were there. However, for the price difference, if I were footing the bill, I would def not hesitate to do Garden Wing. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's a long walk from there to Tower. It's much shorter than our walk from a POR preferred room to the Riverside food court, and it's covered. be a magical place to stay and has great access to the MK Enjoy!
I've never stayed in the Tower, but I agree with everything you say about the garden wing.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #1957
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I am wondering how people are able to keep the air condition running during the night while sleeping in bay lake towers.

Does anyone have some good ideas?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #1958
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Tower Club Refurb?

Any updates/pictures on the 14th floor refurb? I am booked for my honeymoon in a king room tower club for September.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #1959
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
I've never stayed in the Tower, but I agree with everything you say about the garden wing.
Have you stayed in garden wing before?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #1960
princessap
DIS Veteran

Just sitting here thinking resorts and wondering if anyone here has ever been upgraded to TPV from the garden wing before? I am not expecting to at all before people say don't expect it! Lol. I was just wondering what kind of upgrades they do at the CR?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1961
Jonathan Swift

Quote:
Have you stayed in garden wing before?
Yes, I was there a few weeks ago. Why?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #1962
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I was there a few weeks ago. Why?
Just wanted someone who had stayed there before to answer a few questions if you could?
Did you enjoy it or wish you were in the tower?
What room requests did you submit?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #1963
Jonathan Swift

Quote:
Just wanted someone who had stayed there before to answer a few questions if you could?
Did you enjoy it or wish you were in the tower?
What room requests did you submit?

Thanks!
Well, since I wasn't in the Tower, it's a little unfair for me to make comparisons, but it appeared to me that getting to your room in the Tower was a bit of a hassle since I saw people waiting for elevators frequently. There didn't seem to be many elevators in general, but I didn't count them.

The room I was in wasn't too far from the main building and since it was on the first floor, I had a little patio area. My son and I left through the sliding glass doors to go to the pool, which was a nice perk. The water slide connected to the pool could have been better. I happened to see the play area at the Grand Floridian (2nd picture on this link) and thought it would have been nice to see something similar at the Contemporary.

For requests: first floor, near the main building, facing the pool, and if it's a special occasion like an anniversary, they may surprise you with some mini chocolates in your room.

BTW, I booked "Garden Wing - Garden View" on the website. I doubt you can get a pool side room if you book "Garden Wing - Standard View." There is a $54 a day rate difference (before discounts), so keep that in mind.

Last edited by Jonathan Swift; 07-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #1964
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, since I wasn't in the Tower, it's a little unfair for me to make comparisons, but it appeared to me that getting to your room in the Tower was a bit of a hassle since I saw people waiting for elevators frequently. There didn't seem to be many elevators in general, but I didn't count them.

The room I was in wasn't too far from the main building and since it was on the first floor, I had a little patio area. My son and I left through the sliding glass doors to go to the pool, which was a nice perk. The water slide connected to the pool could have been better. I happened to see the play area at the Grand Floridian (2nd picture on this link) and thought it would have been nice to see something similar at the Contemporary.

For requests: first floor, near the main building, facing the pool, and if it's a special occasion like an anniversary, they may surprise you with some mini chocolates in your room.

BTW, I booked "Garden Wing - Garden View" on the website. I doubt you can get a pool side room if you book "Garden Wing - Standard View." There is a $54 a day rate difference (before discounts), so keep that in mind.
Did you enjoy your stay there? It will be five of us there (one infant) and I like the close proximity to MK without the big price tag! Lol

I agree about the splash pad at grand Floridian. It looks super cute! I am going to attempt to get a studio there if I can for our trip so the cr is our back up if we don't get it or poly is under construction. For some reason I cannot get over the lack of kid friendly pool there.
My DH likes all the food options there and he wants to try somewhere new so we are in a great debate!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #1965
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
I am wondering how people are able to keep the air condition running during the night while sleeping in bay lake towers.

Does anyone have some good ideas?
Welcome! The AC has never shut off for us at CR or BLT. We've never had to override the system either. You should be as cool as a cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Any updates/pictures on the 14th floor refurb? I am booked for my honeymoon in a king room tower club for September.
Welcome and congratulations on your engagement! I haven't seen any new Tower Club room photos yet, hopefully, someone will post some soon
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: