Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #1936
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's an easy walk as all three buildings, Tower, GW and BLT, are within a stones throw of each other. I estimate the walk to be about 5 minutes from the GW to BLT and it's a scenic route

Unless you need a kitchenette, the BLT Studio is actually smaller than a CR room, but I understand that you'd all like to be in the same building. Have you considered one two-bedroom?
Thanks! 5 minutes is an easy walk.

DSis would like a kitchenette since they will have an infant--she thinks it could make for easier mornings and more reliable refrigeration (in my experience hotel fridges don't stay as cold as I'd like).

The rest of us--6-8 adults and 1 toddler--will be in a 2 bedroom villa in BLT.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #1937
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
We had the same problem with the May.
So, what did you end up doing? Were you able to get something booked?

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #1938
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Thanks! 5 minutes is an easy walk.

DSis would like a kitchenette since they will have an infant--she thinks it could make for easier mornings and more reliable refrigeration (in my experience hotel fridges don't stay as cold as I'd like).

The rest of us--6-8 adults and 1 toddler--will be in a 2 bedroom villa in BLT.
When you say 6-8 adults, do you mean real adults or age 10 and up? It may get real crowded real quick with that many full sized people in a two bedroom villa. Six might not be too bad, but eight adults and one toddler? Kind of crowded.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #1939
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Just read about the removal of refrigerators at the Disney resorts. Does anyone know the status at the CR? Hopefully they will all be replaced by our August trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
There is a lot of talking about this over at Koo's Boardwalk Villa thread....
Can't find the thread. Can you link to it please?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #1940
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't find the thread. Can you link to it please?
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124393

I suggest starting at the last page and working your way back.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #1941
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

I read through most of the thread, but did not see information specific to the refurbishment timeline/progress at the Contemporary. Did I miss it? Would love to know if anyone has heard!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 07-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #1942
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
I read through most of the thread, but did not see information specific to the refurbishment timeline/progress at the Contemporary. Did I miss it? Would love to know if anyone has heard!
wdhinn89 asked about the removal/replacement of the fridges in the resort rooms. There was much discussion about that in the link I provided. That's the only reason I posted that link. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #1943
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
wdhinn89 asked about the removal/replacement of the fridges in the resort rooms. There was much discussion about that in the link I provided. That's the only reason I posted that link. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries- I appreciated it! It was good reading. Think I'm just overly anxious as I have 5 non-loving Disney families toting along.

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #1944
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
When you say 6-8 adults, do you mean real adults or age 10 and up? It may get real crowded real quick with that many full sized people in a two bedroom villa. Six might not be too bad, but eight adults and one toddler? Kind of crowded.
Real adults. 6 of us will be there all 6 nights. The extra two will likely be arriving late and added to our reservation if possible then (from what I've read on here, that should be possible). There are 4 beds in the 2 bedroom, so we will be fine! Thanks for the note, though. We're used to all being in each other's space--we're a close knit family. For example, we grew up with just 1 full bathroom for our family of 6.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #1945
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!!

I guess I will worry about it when we get closer to the date. We need a fridge for my sons insulin (type 1 diabetic) so I will call and put in a request.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #1946
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
We are now booked for May 2014 in an Atrium Club Level Theme Park View. First time in CL so we'll see how this goes. I've stayed in the CR before, but its been so long since we stayed in a tower room I can't remember. My parents have told stories when they stayed there when it first opened, so I can't wait to see how they like it now. Now comes the waiting.
How exciting that you're going back! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
We are staying at CR TPV for a week and struggled with where to stay but finally decided on TPV because of the kids. Can't wait to see the kids faces when we show them the castle from the balcony. We arrive on July 28 so it should be fun!
You're all going to have a great time! Your vacation is coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
Sure, why not? I haven't made it deep enough in the thread to find the Log-orail yet, but it'll be me, DH, and anywhere from 0-2 foster kids from Jan 9th to 12th, 2014.
Wheeeeee! I can't wait to ride that monorail home!
Thanks so much for all the work you do on this thread!
All the information related to CR and BLT are on the first two pages of this thread. The Log-orail is at the end of post #1

Quote:
Just read about the removal of refrigerators at the Disney resorts. Does anyone know the status at the CR? Hopefully they will all be replaced by our August trip.
In post #1898 several pages back, I posted that the larger resorts, such as All Stars might take up to 4 months. WL, for example, had very few of the recalled fridges and all were replaced last week. I don't have a status update yet for CR.

Quote:
I guess I will worry about it when we get closer to the date. We need a fridge for my sons insulin (type 1 diabetic) so I will call and put in a request.
Yes, just call the WDTC and have them add your fridge request to your reservation, just to be on the safe side.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #1947
princessap
DIS Veteran

For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #1948
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
For some reason I cannot decide if I will be disappointed in the garden wing room or not....we would like to stay at CR for proximity to Mk and MNSSHP and seeing as we won't be in the room to see the fireworks at night I don't feel like TPV would be worth it this time...should I do garden wing room or lake view room for this part of our stay?
This is strictly my opinion, but it sounds to me like you really want to be in the tower with TPV being your first choice, but are unsure of whether or not TPV is worth the extra cost. I can't give an opinion on any locations/views as we've never stayed at the CR, but if I were you, I'd book lake view and if a discount comes out that is available for TPV, upgrade at that time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #1949
princessap
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut1
I always said I would only stay in the tower with TPV...but now I am wondering if it will be worth it if we are in the park at night for MNSSHP and I am hoping to do dinner at California grill and watch wishes from the lounge another night...my concern with garden wing is that people say it is a far walk to the tower.

I am hoping to book VGF if there is availability for it! but if not am considering CR/AKV split...crazy I am!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #1950
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Mickeynut1
I always said I would only stay in the tower with TPV...but now I am wondering if it will be worth it if we are in the park at night for MNSSHP and I am hoping to do dinner at California grill and watch wishes from the lounge another night...my concern with garden wing is that people say it is a far walk to the tower.

I am hoping to book VGF if there is availability for it! but if not am considering CR/AKV split...crazy I am!
I totally understand because those are my thoughts as well . If you could get a decent discount on a TPV, it would be worth it, IMO. Good luck with VGF as I think that would be an awesome stay . With that said, AKV is also another great option (I just posted on your thread.....lol).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: