Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #1921
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Okay all you CR fans....help me out here....I am going to go ahead and book a week at the CR for our next trip....now to decide if I want garden wing or lake view?!?!? (Couldn't convince DH for TPV for a week, he said a few days but that seems a pain to move rooms halfay through for the view!).

Pros for garden wing
-cheaper
-close to pool
-not high up as I am slightly worried about balcony in tower with three kids

pros for tower
-more magic?!
-closer to monorail

it will be me DH, and 3 DDs.

thanks!
I'm DVC at BLT. I always try to book Standard view, then lake view, then MK view. I would prefer MK view everytime, but I'll go cheaper (fewer points) for longer stays. It's the proximity of the resort to MK and amenities that is the magic for me, not just the view out the window.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #1922
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When are you going??

I am debating between grand floridian villa, garden wing CR or poly...augh...decisions.
We're attempting to go next July, but booking hasn't opened yet. We considered two of your three choices. We've stayed in the garden wing before and didn't really like it (and it was for our WEDDING, so there's no more magical reason we could've been staying there!) It just felt too conventioney and stale to us. We would've needed three rooms at the Poly, so that sort of ruled that one out because it would've been over $1500/night before any discounts. Now we are thinking (once we can book DVC places) first choice BLT, second choice GFV.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1923
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

We are now booked for May 2014 in an Atrium Club Level Theme Park View. First time in CL so we'll see how this goes. I've stayed in the CR before, but its been so long since we stayed in a tower room I can't remember. My parents have told stories when they stayed there when it first opened, so I can't wait to see how they like it now. Now comes the waiting.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #1924
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
We are now booked for May 2014 in an Atrium Club Level Theme Park View. First time in CL so we'll see how this goes. I've stayed in the CR before, but its been so long since we stayed in a tower room I can't remember. My parents have told stories when they stayed there when it first opened, so I can't wait to see how they like it now. Now comes the waiting.
You are going to LOOOOOVE it! Our CR TPV CL stay was our favorite CL stay we've had!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #1925
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:

thanks....are you in the tower??
Actually we went with the GW to save money. I realize we may not have a patio if we aren't on the first floor but we can live with that.

Regarding the distance to the tower, it is all relative to me. From the looks of it, the proximity of the GW to the tower is about what you'd get in a preferred location in a mod. I've stayed at CSR which is very spread out so at the CR, everything will seem close.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #1926
Earning My Ears

Quote:

thanks....are you in the tower??
We are staying at CR TPV for a week and struggled with where to stay but finally decided on TPV because of the kids. Can't wait to see the kids faces when we show them the castle from the balcony. We arrive on July 28 so it should be fun!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #1927
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Is anyone there now, or going soon, who can ask about the refrigerator refurbishment? We are a group of five families arriving August 21st, all placing orders with Garden Grocer. Thanks for any info. anyone is able to provide!!
Just curious.....with a group of five families, do you try to get dining reservations all together or do you split them up? We're going next year with 12 people and I'm just curious how you do it. TIA
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #1928
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
We are staying at CR TPV for a week and struggled with where to stay but finally decided on TPV because of the kids. Can't wait to see the kids faces when we show them the castle from the balcony. We arrive on July 28 so it should be fun!
That is my ultimate plan providing discounts are good!! Were u able to get a discount??
Old 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1929
Earning My Ears

Quote:

That is my ultimate plan providing discounts are good!! Were u able to get a discount??
Yes we received the 30% off room. We stayed at POR in October and love it there but wanted to be closer to MK and CR fit the bill.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #1930
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
Yes we received the 30% off room. We stayed at POR in October and love it there but wanted to be closer to MK and CR fit the bill.
That is awesome! I was pricing it out for our trip next year and tPV wasnt included in fall discounts this year so fingers crossed it is next year.

We love the poly but want to try somewhere else, especially if there is construction there next year.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #1931
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

I know this week there is a convention. We are going then and had a long talk with a cm and he told my mom that they have blocks of rooms reserved for the convention and they won't release any of the unused ones until closer.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #1932
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations! Let me know if you want your dates posted in the Log-orail.
Sure, why not? I haven't made it deep enough in the thread to find the Log-orail yet, but it'll be me, DH, and anywhere from 0-2 foster kids from Jan 9th to 12th, 2014.
Wheeeeee! I can't wait to ride that monorail home!
Thanks so much for all the work you do on this thread!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #1933
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Just read about the removal of refrigerators at the Disney resorts. Does anyone know the status at the CR? Hopefully they will all be replaced by our August trip.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #1934
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Is anyone there now, or going soon, who can ask about the refrigerator refurbishment? We are a group of five families arriving August 21st, all placing orders with Garden Grocer. Thanks for any info. anyone is able to provide!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Just read about the removal of refrigerators at the Disney resorts. Does anyone know the status at the CR? Hopefully they will all be replaced by our August trip.
There is a lot of talking about this over at Kook's Boardwalk Villa thread....

Last edited by mickeyplanner; 07-16-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1935
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
I'm trying to book the Contemporary for 2/2/2014-2/8/2014, but all of the room types are unavailable except for tower theme park view! This seems strange to me because it is a less crowded time of year. I checked some of the busier times of the year also and I was able to find more room availability then??? Does anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to decide if I should book something at another resort as an alternative then call back to have the reservation modified if something becomes available. Thanks for the help!
We had the same problem with the May.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: