Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #1906
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
I'm trying to book the Contemporary for 2/2/2014-2/8/2014, but all of the room types are unavailable except for tower theme park view! This seems strange to me because it is a less crowded time of year. I checked some of the busier times of the year also and I was able to find more room availability then??? Does anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to decide if I should book something at another resort as an alternative then call back to have the reservation modified if something becomes available. Thanks for the help!
It sometimes helps to put in each night to see which are the problem nights. Your issue seems to 2/4 to 2/6. Maybe there is a convention that week and they are holding rooms? My suggestion would be to call and see if they have availability or book the nights you can and wait for the others to open up later.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #1907
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post

It sometimes helps to put in each night to see which are the problem nights. Your issue seems to 2/4 to 2/6. Maybe there is a convention that week and they are holding rooms? My suggestion would be to call and see if they have availability or book the nights you can and wait for the others to open up later.
I just made a separate post about this for a friend. She is having the SAME issue for 1/22-1/28 so I have to believe it is something wrong with the website. Problem is when she called the CM couldn't be any help because they use the same system.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #1908
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok just booked a 2 bedroom at BLT for January! Please tell me we will love it here? We were debating the Poly but this comes out a little cheaper. Any suggestions are appreciated (booked through Disney did not rent points)
BLT is my favorite resort. Love the more current decor, intelligent design,and the walk to MK (we walk to MK, and monorail it home because of CR spot on the monorail loop). The space in a 2br is awesome. We were upgraded from a 1br to a 2br with a cash reservation 2 years ago, and got hooked. Absolutely awesome with kids. We are heading back in early December with my inlaws, 2br lake view!

I will warn you, that it will be difficult to go back to standard rooms at WDW.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #1909
princessap
DIS Veteran

I just checked availability for BLT for September 2014 and nothing is showing up....does that mean they just aren't released yet?? looking at cash reservation...
Old 07-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #1910
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I just checked availability for BLT for September 2014 and nothing is showing up....does that mean they just aren't released yet?? looking at cash reservation...
Another DISer and I have been researching for cash stays next summer and it looks like you cannot even attempt to book online through CRO until 11 months from your check OUT day.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #1911
princessap
DIS Veteran

thanks! Am debating resorts again
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #1912
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks! Am debating resorts again
I completely understand! We went back and forth between the Poly and BLT. I would looooove to stay at the Poly again, but for the space we need, BLT makes more financial sense. I'm just really nervous about the booking process and hoping we'll be able to get it for our dates!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #1913
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I completely understand! We went back and forth between the Poly and BLT. I would looooove to stay at the Poly again, but for the space we need, BLT makes more financial sense. I'm just really nervous about the booking process and hoping we'll be able to get it for our dates!
When are you going??

I am debating between grand floridian villa, garden wing CR or poly...augh...decisions.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #1914
princessap
DIS Veteran

Okay all you CR fans....help me out here....I am going to go ahead and book a week at the CR for our next trip....now to decide if I want garden wing or lake view?!?!? (Couldn't convince DH for TPV for a week, he said a few days but that seems a pain to move rooms halfay through for the view!).

Pros for garden wing
-cheaper
-close to pool
-not high up as I am slightly worried about balcony in tower with three kids

pros for tower
-more magic?!
-closer to monorail

it will be me DH, and 3 DDs.

thanks!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1915
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post

BLT is my favorite resort. Love the more current decor, intelligent design,and the walk to MK (we walk to MK, and monorail it home because of CR spot on the monorail loop). The space in a 2br is awesome. We were upgraded from a 1br to a 2br with a cash reservation 2 years ago, and got hooked. Absolutely awesome with kids. We are heading back in early December with my inlaws, 2br lake view!

I will warn you, that it will be difficult to go back to standard rooms at WDW.
I had a feeling we would need space. We will have a 3.5 year old and an almost 2 year old along with my parents. We thought it would be nice to be able to all stay together. How long is the walk to MK? Also how long is the walk to the tower building? We will be pushing a stroller so I need to let the kids know about how long they need to stay put.

I keep hoping a 2 br theme park view will open up! I would love to book that as a surprise for my parents! They have never stayed on property before
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #1916
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post

I just made a separate post about this for a friend. She is having the SAME issue for 1/22-1/28 so I have to believe it is something wrong with the website. Problem is when she called the CM couldn't be any help because they use the same system.
I know this week there is a convention. We are going then and had a long talk with a cm and he told my mom that they have blocks of rooms reserved for the convention and they won't release any of the unused ones until closer.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1917
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay all you CR fans....help me out here....I am going to go ahead and book a week at the CR for our next trip....now to decide if I want garden wing or lake view?!?!? (Couldn't convince DH for TPV for a week, he said a few days but that seems a pain to move rooms halfay through for the view!).

Pros for garden wing
-cheaper
-close to pool
-not high up as I am slightly worried about balcony in tower with three kids

pros for tower
-more magic?!
-closer to monorail

it will be me DH, and 3 DDs.

thanks!
Additional pro for the tower is a private balcony. Additional pro for GW is not having to deal with the elevators (I'm actually staying in CR for the first time next month so these are both heresy. I've read elevators can be a pain in the tower though).
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #1918
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinDad View Post
Additional pro for the tower is a private balcony. Additional pro for GW is not having to deal with the elevators (I'm actually staying in CR for the first time next month so these are both heresy. I've read elevators can be a pain in the tower though).
thanks....are you in the tower??
Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #1919
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Refrigerator Update?

Is anyone there now, or going soon, who can ask about the refrigerator refurbishment? We are a group of five families arriving August 21st, all placing orders with Garden Grocer. Thanks for any info. anyone is able to provide!!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 07-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #1920
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Thanks for the congrats! DSis is now in a garden view garden wing room.

Does anyone know approximately how long the walk from the Garden Wing to Bay Lake Tower is? And if its an easy walk? DSis and DBIL will be using our villa for hanging out and kitchen storage. We have our fingers crossed that maybe a studio in Bay Lake will open up...not sure what the price would be.
It's an easy walk as all three buildings, Tower, GW and BLT, are within a stones throw of each other. I estimate the walk to be about 5 minutes from the GW to BLT and it's a scenic route

Unless you need a kitchenette, the BLT Studio is actually smaller than a CR room, but I understand that you'd all like to be in the same building. Have you considered one two-bedroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
Wohooooo! My wait list came through. We'll be staying in a theme park view studio at BLT over marathon weekend in January. We've owned at BLT since 2010, but this will be our first time staying here. I can't wait!
Congratulations! Let me know if you want your dates posted in the Log-orail.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: