Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #1891
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Have you decided on a resort? Or is a split stay in the works?
I cannot let go of my desire for a theme park view! LOL....I always told myself that views weren't worth the money

I am thinking theme park view for two nights while we do MK and MNSSHP and then five nights at the poly...however if free dining is the only discount we will probably do POLY?!??! but that could change a million times...heck I was researching beach club! LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1892
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I cannot let go of my desire for a theme park view! LOL....I always told myself that views weren't worth the money

I am thinking theme park view for two nights while we do MK and MNSSHP and then five nights at the poly...however if free dining is the only discount we will probably do POLY?!??! but that could change a million times...heck I was researching beach club! LOL
We are the same way and don't spend the extra money on views, but the CR will be an exception (that is if we don't do CL as I will probably go with a standard CL room since we'd have the lounge for viewing ).

I think your split sounds great as it would give you a chance to try the CR, but end with the Poly . Don't feel bad about changing. I have done my share of changing many times, maybe not by calling and "officially" changing a reservation, but many changes have gone through my head .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #1893
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

There is also a DIS thread discussing the removal.

If you think you might need a fridge for medical reasons, such as insulin, etc..., I suggest making sure the request is in your reservation so your chances are better of having one in your room upon arrival. Rooms with regular-sized fridges such as DVC, FWC and Family Suites are not being removed.
Sounds like a major problem to put all those guests out. I hope they get it corrected very soon, we always use our mini fridge.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #1894
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Ok we have a 2 bedroom at BLT booked. We will be having 2 cars, will they both be allowed to park on property for free?
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #1895
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok we have a 2 bedroom at BLT booked. We will be having 2 cars, will they both be allowed to park on property for free?
We had no problem in December 2012. Just tell them that you will need two parking passes.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1896
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Just booked our May 2014 vacation at the Bay Lake Tower and Contemporary Resort! 7 (including DD2; maybe 9) of us will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa with lake view. 3 others (including an infant) will be staying in a Garden Wing Standard view room at the Contemporary. I may try to work on my family members to upgrade the villa to a Theme Park view!

For the past 2 days there had been no standard view rooms at CR available; thankfully availability popped up on our dates this morning and we got it reserved!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #1897
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealdisneylovers View Post

We had no problem in December 2012. Just tell them that you will need two parking passes.
Thank you!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #1898
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Sounds like a major problem to put all those guests out. I hope they get it corrected very soon, we always use our mini fridge.
The problem is worse at the larger resorts such as All Stars. WL, for example, only has a small number of the recalled fridges and they should all be replaced by the end of this week. I don't know the timeline for CR, but it may be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Welcome and enjoy your two-bedroom villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Just booked our May 2014 vacation at the Bay Lake Tower and Contemporary Resort! 7 (including DD2; maybe 9) of us will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa with lake view. 3 others (including an infant) will be staying in a Garden Wing Standard view room at the Contemporary. I may try to work on my family members to upgrade the villa to a Theme Park view!

For the past 2 days there had been no standard view rooms at CR available; thankfully availability popped up on our dates this morning and we got it reserved!
Congratulations on booking and happy planning!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #1899
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post

Congrats on booking for next year . We are trying the CR for the first time in December. We have visited many times over the years to shop and dine, so I'm excited to actually stay there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #1900
princessap
DIS Veteran

Soooo my DH threw my plans for a loop when he stated the other night that he doesn't want to stay at the poly again but try somewhere new....so we are back to debating a split stay so I can have my poly stay or trying a new resort altogether....now we have only stayed onsite once and it was for two nights only but it was enough to have me hooked!

So we are debating CR garden wing or Lake view tower...I was planning two nights with TPV at CR before poly but cannot justify that price all week

I have read lots of reviews on here about the garden wing not feeling as part of the magic as the tower and people not liking their stay there so am a bit nervous about it...anyone have any thoughts?? I like the lower price tag and think my girls would like the lake view plus the walk to MK after MNSSHP is very enticing!!!

What does everyone think?!?!?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #1901
scjo68
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the garden wing in 2010 and we loved it! We were the first room ( a suite-we ere upgraded) in the wing coming from the tower.

If we had been in the far end of the wing then it is possible that we might have felt far from the rest of the resort. But we felt very close to everything where we were. I have not ever stayed in the tower so I can't really compare.

We liked the garden wing so much that that is where we are staying over thanksgiving. I can't find any discounts for that time (holiday) - not even AAA. So as of now we are paying rack rate. Rack rate in the GW of the CR is high enough. Never mind the price in the tower!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #1902
GinCar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
So we are debating CR garden wing or Lake view tower...I was planning two nights with TPV at CR before poly but cannot justify that price all week

I have read lots of reviews on here about the garden wing not feeling as part of the magic as the tower and people not liking their stay there so am a bit nervous about it...anyone have any thoughts?? I like the lower price tag and think my girls would like the lake view plus the walk to MK after MNSSHP is very enticing!!!
We have stayed in the garden wing and Tower, Bay Lake view. (Castle view- someday.)
Although my preference is the tower, I did not feel away from the rest of the resort. It seems like a much shorter walk than most resorts can be to your room. We had a lake view and patio- ground floor. I thought it was lovely- not a complaint to be given.
If price is an issue- go with the garden wing and you will not be disappointed. We are staying in the garden wing next month and very happy with our choice.
2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #1903
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the congrats! DSis is now in a garden view garden wing room.

Does anyone know approximately how long the walk from the Garden Wing to Bay Lake Tower is? And if its an easy walk? DSis and DBIL will be using our villa for hanging out and kitchen storage. We have our fingers crossed that maybe a studio in Bay Lake will open up...not sure what the price would be.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #1904
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Wohooooo! My wait list came through. We'll be staying in a theme park view studio at BLT over marathon weekend in January. We've owned at BLT since 2010, but this will be our first time staying here. I can't wait!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #1905
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to book the Contemporary for 2/2/2014-2/8/2014, but all of the room types are unavailable except for tower theme park view! This seems strange to me because it is a less crowded time of year. I checked some of the busier times of the year also and I was able to find more room availability then??? Does anyone know why this might be? I'm trying to decide if I should book something at another resort as an alternative then call back to have the reservation modified if something becomes available. Thanks for the help!

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: