Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #1876
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Informal Poll:

Who really walks to the MK from the Contemporary?

I know that is listed a big perk of staying at this resort, but who really takes advantage of it?
We walk it going to the park and back from the park to BLT. It is shorter in AM and you avoid the crowds waiting for monorail in the PM.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #1877
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post

Yeah, I tried David's (and a few other DVC website rentals) at 12 months out for our stay at BLT this September. I needed enough points for 2 studios for one week. None of them could help me. One of them emailed me back saying that the more popular resorts (like BLT) are harder to get DVC owners to rent out their points.

I've rented three times through three different owners through the DVC rent/trade board here on the DIS. I've found if you follow the guidelines as they suggest it takes a lot of the stress and worry out of the transaction. I started trolling the DVC rent/trade board at about 12 months out (September 2012) looking for BLT owners that had enough points. I had to use two separate owners to get the two studios. Even at the exact 11 month window for the last week in September, one of our rooms had to be waitlisted for two nights for a standard view studio (it came through in February).

Anyways, I just thought I'd share my experience! We are so excited to stay here for the first time and I can't wait to be able to walk back to my room at night instead of being crammed on a bus or monorail! We walked to the Contemporary many times from MK when we've stayed at WL and the boats and busses were super packed. Then we just took the boat from the CR to WL. It's a nice peaceful walk at the end of a noisy, fun day. We've stayed at the Poly several times and almost always walk to the TTC for the monorail. IMHO, the walk from the GCH area to TTC is probably very close in distance from the walk from MK to CR (maybe slightly further).

I watch Bay Lake Tower videos on You Tube almost daily
I have also rented three times here through the rent/trade board and have had a great experience. Last June we rented points to stay at AK Kidani Village just 3 months out for a September stay. This year we rented points last month for a November stay just 6 months out for BLT.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #1878
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

We walk it going to the park and back from the park to BLT. It is shorter in AM and you avoid the crowds waiting for monorail in the PM.
How long does it really take?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1879
Senor_Jorge
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

Funny, the only times we've done it have been in the summer heat! We prefer walking over taking the monorail. All the starting and stopping, waiting for loading, super crowding, etc... is not our favorite. We prefer to walk (we're fast walkers) and get there more quickly. From MK to CR, however, we normally take the monorail since it's the first stop ( although that ramp is a PAIN after a long day in the parks! Ha!)
We actually do it the other way around. Monorail in the morning and walk home in the evening if the monorail is packed. Standing in place is what usually kills my feet. After a long day I appreciate the option to not be sealed in a vehicle with others that have had a long day as well
Old 07-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1880
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
About 15 minutes, and I walk slow. There is a road/ crosswalk that goes through there, so the stop light may add time, depending on how you catch it.

Walking there is the morning, I've had my rest, caffeine, and am super excited to get there. On the way back, 9:00 PM or so, I've been in the parks all day and am tired. On the way back at close, I can usually count on two monorails going overhead (from MK to CR). Of course, that time depends on how fast they are loading.

Now, that time is subjective depending on where you start it and stop it. I am considering from outside BLT resort to where I can see the MK entrance. If you're considering the time from the CR entrance vs walking around from the outside (not staying in tower), then that time will vary.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #1881
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #1882
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Got Mickey mail this week informing me that the cost of my suite I booked for 2014 is going DOWN!!! I've heard that most of the rates for 2014 are going down. It's not a lot of money but NEVER have rates gone down from one year to the next!!!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1883
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Got Mickey mail this week informing me that the cost of my suite I booked for 2014 is going DOWN!!! I've heard that most of the rates for 2014 are going down. It's not a lot of money but NEVER have rates gone down from one year to the next!!!!!
That is very interesting....I've never heard of that happening either. Even if the savings isn't a lot, it's always nice to save something as every little bit helps .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #1884
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I also wanted to add that I love the consistency with walking. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to the monorail platform with all the other people exiting the park and something is going on with the monorail (either something has held it up at the previous stops or the doors keep opening/closing forever before it leaves the station and you're still waiting for it to leave the station because it was too full to get on and you have to wait for the next one). At least with walking I know it'll almost always take the same amount of time. I have very little patience left by the time park closing rolls around .
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #1885
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We always use the walkway, too. No crowds, predictable transportation and I still like reading the stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
I have a link in the first pages's transportation section to a walking video shot in real-time from the escalator in the CR lobby to the MK security. The video lasts 10 minutes and can be seen here: http://youtu.be/6GOOmTbqzy8

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #1886
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Ok just booked a 2 bedroom at BLT for January! Please tell me we will love it here? We were debating the Poly but this comes out a little cheaper. Any suggestions are appreciated (booked through Disney did not rent points)
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #1887
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Informal Poll:

Who really walks to the MK from the Contemporary?

I know that is listed a big perk of staying at this resort, but who really takes advantage of it?

Someone mentioned it to be comparable to the walk from the GCH to the TTC at the Poly. Is that about right? We stayed in Tokelau and I didn't mind the walk to the TTC at all, and it was so much faster than the resort loop to the TTC.
If you take the monorail, you walk to the CR and go up to the monorail loading floor, wait for the monorail, ride to TTT, stop, load, ride to Polynesian, stop, load, ride to GF, stop, load, ride to MK, unload. If you walk you head out the door, walk, wait for the light to cross the street and you are at the MK.

Coming back, wait for monorail, load, ride to CR, get off, walk over to BLT.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #1888
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Exclamation

There is also a DIS thread discussing the removal.

If you think you might need a fridge for medical reasons, such as insulin, etc..., I suggest making sure the request is in your reservation so your chances are better of having one in your room upon arrival. Rooms with regular-sized fridges such as DVC, FWC and Family Suites are not being removed.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #1889
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I priced out our 2014 vacation yesterday and there was only a 60 increase for the week so maybe they kept the increases small to nil?!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #1890
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I priced out our 2014 vacation yesterday and there was only a 60 increase for the week so maybe they kept the increases small to nil?!
Have you decided on a resort? Or is a split stay in the works?

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: