Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #1846
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5DisneyNuts View Post
Just curious, I am holding a cash reservation, but would love to be able to rent points instead for the savings.

I have tried multiple times to request availability through the DVC Rental Store and David's and I immediately get an email back that nothing is available (we are going over Thanksgiving).
My question is whether it is still worth checking? Does anything ever open up? I was wondering now that GFV are taking reservations maybe people are switching over.

Thanks for any info!
You need to attempt to rent Thanksgiving at 11 months out. You might not get standard or theme park view, but you should get lake view about that time (once they get the BLT points available).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #1847
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Tower BLV room requests? High floor and/or close to elevator perhaps??

Do they have bed rails available?

Can you see the electric water parade from your room with a BLV?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #1848
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Tower BLV room requests? High floor and/or close to elevator perhaps??

Do they have bed rails available?

Can you see the electric water parade from your room with a BLV?
Housekeeping can deliver bed rails or you can ask for delivery at check-in if you're room is ready.

All BLV Tower rooms have unobstructed views of Bay Lake and the nightly EWP at 10:10.

The highest non-CL floor is the 11th. All rooms are close to the elevators since the elevators are in the middle of each floor. The furthest room from the elevators in the Tower might be a 30 second walk.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #1849
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Housekeeping can deliver bed rails or you can ask for delivery at check-in if you're room is ready.

All BLV Tower rooms have unobstructed views of Bay Lake and the nightly EWP at 10:10.

The highest non-CL floor is the 11th. All rooms are close to the elevators since the elevators are in the middle of each floor. The furthest room from the elevators in the Tower might be a 30 second walk.
Wow! Ok, so basically no other requests besides maybe high floor? :-)

And I'm sure it's been asked (possibly even by me) but what's the monorail loop order from the CR?

Thanks so much!!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #1850
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Wow! Ok, so basically no other requests besides maybe high floor? :-)

And I'm sure it's been asked (possibly even by me) but what's the monorail loop order from the CR?

Thanks so much!!
You're welcome. Yes, "high floor" is a popular Tower BLV request.

Monorail order from CR: TTC, Poly, GF, MK then back to CR. This information is also on the first page under TRANSPORTATION.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #1851
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Pools and beach - why are they better at CR than The Poly? (I have a DD2 and DS6 if it makes a difference)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #1852
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:
Pools and beach - why are they better at CR than The Poly? (I have a DD2 and DS6 if it makes a difference)
Poly's pool has better theme but its way too crowds. The Contemporary's pool is way less crowded.

Katie
Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #1853
HarvardAce
Earning My Ears

If I ship stuff to the CR from Amazon and it comes in separate boxes, but on the same day and in advance of my reservation, will I get charged per box or will they group it all together and charge just once?

Are the prices in the first few posts of this thread still accurate? Is there a chance they won't be charged?

What about orders from a place like gardengrocer or wegoshop? Do those get charged as well?

Basically trying to figure out the most cost-effective and time-effective way to get baby supplies (diapers, wipes, etc.) as well as snacks and breakfasty foods to our resort. I will probably want milk for my DS but if that is the only perishable item I'm purchasing I would probably just buy it on-site.

If we get breakfast foods that need to be heated up/toasted, are there toasters and microwaves available for general use anywhere in the resort?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1854
snausman
Mouseketeer

Hi All, we will be staying at the CR and would love to be added to the list. We arrive on Sept. 6 and then leave Sept. 15. So excited to stay here again, last time was opening week of WDW.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #1855
WDWKOOK

Quote:
We prefer CR's pool because it has always seemed less crowded than Poly's and we've always been able to get a seat in a shady spot. It seems to have more deck square footage than Poly's and is more relaxed. It also has a kid's splash area right behind the slide, two hot tubs and ping pong. The beach is the same way - less crowded and more relaxed. We also prefer Bay Lake and looking out at all the birds around Discovery Island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvardAce View Post
If I ship stuff to the CR from Amazon and it comes in separate boxes, but on the same day and in advance of my reservation, will I get charged per box or will they group it all together and charge just once?

Are the prices in the first few posts of this thread still accurate? Is there a chance they won't be charged?

What about orders from a place like gardengrocer or wegoshop? Do those get charged as well?

Basically trying to figure out the most cost-effective and time-effective way to get baby supplies (diapers, wipes, etc.) as well as snacks and breakfasty foods to our resort. I will probably want milk for my DS but if that is the only perishable item I'm purchasing I would probably just buy it on-site.

If we get breakfast foods that need to be heated up/toasted, are there toasters and microwaves available for general use anywhere in the resort?
All good questions that I hope someone with experience will be able to answer for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Hi All, we will be staying at the CR and would love to be added to the list. We arrive on Sept. 6 and then leave Sept. 15. So excited to stay here again, last time was opening week of WDW.

Laura
I'd be happy to add you, Laura. So the last time you stayed at CR was in 1971? Do you have any photos you could share? That is so amazing that you were at CR its opening week! Things sure have changed...
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #1856
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You need to attempt to rent Thanksgiving at 11 months out. You might not get standard or theme park view, but you should get lake view about that time (once they get the BLT points available).
Thank you! I will definitely try that for next year if we are lucky enough to go again.

So, if this year is sold out, they are sold out and no point in trying again with the DVC rental sites? Appreciate the help!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #1857
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We prefer CR's pool because it has always seemed less crowded than Poly's and we've always been able to get a seat in a shady spot. It seems to have more deck square footage than Poly's and is more relaxed. It also has a kid's splash area right behind the slide, two hot tubs and ping pong. The beach is the same way - less crowded and more relaxed. We also prefer Bay Lake and looking out at all the birds around Discovery Island.

All good questions that I hope someone with experience will be able to answer for you

I'd be happy to add you, Laura. So the last time you stayed at CR was in 1971? Do you have any photos you could share? That is so amazing that you were at CR its opening week! Things sure have changed...
I have asked and asked my step mother for the pictures of us, but still no. She wants them for what, I don't know. I think, she just doesn't want me to have them. Oh well, us kids have the memories of a wonderful week at this great hotel.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #1858
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5DisneyNuts View Post
Thank you! I will definitely try that for next year if we are lucky enough to go again.

So, if this year is sold out, they are sold out and no point in trying again with the DVC rental sites? Appreciate the help!
Yes, and DVC probably has various wait lists for members for these times in case a cancellation does come up. Most members that do rentals, don't want to waitlist because you might not get anything at all.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #1859
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

Is there bedding in the standard rooms for the daybed? If there isn't, can it just be requested?

Just wondering if I should be packing anything.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #1860
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chm635 View Post
Thank you, wonder if I can make the request for room number ending in 13?
Since a king bed is what you really want I would make that the first request..and then if there is a particular floor that you prefer I would request that in the room number request 4*13.. Best of luck..

WisconsinDad ~ The day beds are already made up...once you open them you just need to add a pillow and blanket..these are usually located in the closet in a large vinyl bag...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: