Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #1816
Chm635
Earning My Ears

Thanks Kook! Now to try and figure out my requests and priorities!

Hope you had a great 4th!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #1817
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
One more thing! I think we've finally decided on BLT for next July (trying to hit value season.)

If we're non-DVC, when can we book? I just called and the CM on the phone was so super sweet, but he was clueless as to the rule I know this year value season starts on July 14, but a few years ago it was as late as the 18th (I think?) It always starts on a Sunday, right? I'm just trying to figure out if it will be the 13 or the 20. I teach and we go back to school pretty early and I don't want to push it too close!
If you are booking BLT direct through Disney then they open up the cash room reservations at 7 months out. If you book via a DVC owner, they can book up to 11 months out if you find an owner with BLT points.

NOTE: info above is incorrect! Reservations are available 10-11 months out. Sorry for the confusion!!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)

Last edited by ::danielle::; 07-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #1818
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
If you are booking BLT direct through Disney then they open up the cash room reservations at 7 months out. If you book via a DVC owner, they can book up to 11 months out if you find an owner with BLT points.
Thank you! On another thread I was told 10 months, but I kept seeing people mention something about 7 months so I was confused. Do you know if that means 7 months to the day (Ex: if we want to check in on July 14 we can't book until December 14) or would we be able to on December 1 for the whole month of July?

Thanks again
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #1819
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
I'm glad you answered this because we have similar needs and will be booking soon for 2014. Is this the only variance between dedicated and lockoff two bedrooms? I thought I recalled seeing something somewhere about the laundry room being different (not that that's a big deal )
The difference in laundry rooms is between the villas on the inside of the C and the ones on the outside of the C. The inside C villas have a full sized room for laundry, but they don't have the chairs at the counter for a breakfast bar. Outside the C they just have a small closet to hold just the washer and dryer, but have the tall chairs at the breakfast counter with an overhang on the counter.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #1820
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
That's what I am thinking too. We know we love the poly plus it is cheaper too. We are leaning towards October now and so I am planning on no discount and hoping for room only!!

We got some bad news about a friend of ours and my DH said lets go all out while the kids are young and prime for disney. In his words "book what you want". What a smart man.
October is a great time to go. The weather is great and crowds aren't too bad. I'm sorry about your friend .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #1821
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post

Huh? I booked BLT this year at 10 months out and I'm not DVC. A few years ago I booked at about 9 months out.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #1822
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

This is why I'm confused. I have heard 10 and 7 and I don't want to miss out! We are so excited to get to 'splurge' a little this year! I just want to know when to start checking and whether I'll need to call or if I can go online. If it's not set in stone, that's going to be a looooong three months if I have to keep calling and checking.

Deb&Bill:
Thanks for the laundry room info! I had no idea it was based on the side of the building!
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View

Last edited by SRUAlmn; 07-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #1823
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post

Huh? I booked BLT this year at 10 months out and I'm not DVC. A few years ago I booked at about 9 months out.
I stand corrected! Thank you for clarifying that!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1824
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
Here's the issue. BLT is a DVC resort that is mostly sold out to members. That leaves very little for non-members to book for cash through DRC. DVC turns over villas to DRC to sell for cash when a member books something Disney outside of DVC to pay for the Disney. 60 days out, DVC will also turn over any unbooked points inventory to DRC to sell.

So, unless DVC has inventory (and they are usually trying to sell it), you probably won't find a lot of availability at anytime earlier than 11 months out and more 60 days out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #1825
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

We want to book BLT direct through Disney as well. We would like to travel November 2014. I thought I would be able to book it on July 10th when the 2014 packages get released, but I'm guessing from what I'm reading here that the villas are not able to be booked until later??? If that's the case maybe I will just rent points. I was going to book direct thinking I could book earlier and also because it is more flexible as far as cancellations/date changes. Hmmm....things to think about.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #1826
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Here's the issue. BLT is a DVC resort that is mostly sold out to members. That leaves very little for non-members to book for cash through DRC. DVC turns over villas to DRC to sell for cash when a member books something Disney outside of DVC to pay for the Disney. 60 days out, DVC will also turn over any unbooked points inventory to DRC to sell.

So, unless DVC has inventory (and they are usually trying to sell it), you probably won't find a lot of availability at anytime earlier than 11 months out and more 60 days out.
That makes me sad because we are SO excited to get to splurge this year on a 2 bedroom villa. I really don't want to go back to the Swan and Dolphin, but we need that type of space and it will be our only other option. This makes me think (since we're not DVC) that we aren't going to have a very high likelihood of there being availability. We can start checking 11 months out, though? Then we'll have to just keep checking? So it gets released gradually as DVC members make their decisions? Thanks for explaining the process. It looks like this is going to be tedious unless we get lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
We want to book BLT direct through Disney as well. We would like to travel November 2014. I thought I would be able to book it on July 10th when the 2014 packages get released, but I'm guessing from what I'm reading here that the villas are not able to be booked until later??? If that's the case maybe I will just rent points. I was going to book direct thinking I could book earlier and also because it is more flexible as far as cancellations/date changes. Hmmm....things to think about.
I thought about that too, but:
*You can't apply AP discounts to rented points
*You have to pay it all up front
*All sales are final

Right?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #1827
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chm635 View Post
I'm sure this answer is here, bit I'm not finding it. We have a Tower room, BLV booked, I couldn't book a king size bed. Can I request one or are the only king beds CL? TIA!
Chm635 Its been a while since we have stayed in one...but I am pretty sure that the room number for a room with a king bed ends with 13..so if you were for examble on the 10th floor the room number would be 4613..every room in the CR tower starts with a 4..and added with the next number gives you the floor..46 equals 10 and so forth...

HTH...

Old 07-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1828
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the info! I had read about the 11 month mark, but I wasn't aware that more rooms are (possibly) available at 60 days. That may come in handy in the future.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #1829
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for this explanation!

Quote:
That makes me sad because we are SO excited to get to splurge this year on a 2 bedroom villa. I really don't want to go back to the Swan and Dolphin, but we need that type of space and it will be our only other option. This makes me think (since we're not DVC) that we aren't going to have a very high likelihood of there being availability. We can start checking 11 months out, though? Then we'll have to just keep checking? So it gets released gradually as DVC members make their decisions? Thanks for explaining the process. It looks like this is going to be tedious unless we get lucky!

I thought about that too, but:
*You can't apply AP discounts to rented points
*You have to pay it all up front
*All sales are final
Right?
No, you cannot apply AP discounts but the rental rates are already a large savings over rack rates direct through Disney.

It is common to have to pay it all up front. However, DVC Rental Store allows you to pay $8.00 per point up front and the balance (other $6.00 per point) 45 days prior to arrival.

Yes, in most rental agreements all sales are final. Trip insurance is recommended to cover yourself.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #1830
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I booked my Oct 2012 on 21 Nov 2011 which was 11 months out from our arrival. DH and I are owners at BLT so that may be where the 11 mo discussion is about. We are fairly new owners and were told you can book at your home resort 11 mo out and other Disney resorts 7 mo out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: