Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #1696
manicstreet
Earning My Ears

Just got back from our stay at Bay Lake Towers. The place was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in room 7708. Had an awesome view of the lake and the Magic Kingdom. I did not get the magic band but it was absolutely given to every person checking in to the contemporary.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #1697
princessap
DIS Veteran

We are planning our 2014 trip and I thought I had decided on the POLY again but something about the CR keeps drawing me back in

I am thinking of doing garden wing or BLV in the tower....was originally set on MKV but not really loving the pictures of the parking lot below and most nights we will be out at the park anyways!

There will be myself, DH, DD7, DD5 and DD2 at time of trip! also joining us will be grandparents! Yahoo!! (hoping for a night at MK by ourselves while they watch the kids

What would everyone suggest?!?!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #1698
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Before the rehab, there were actually 5 non-suite rooms on the Tower Club
14th floor. Two were kings and three were two queens. The two kings were both on the MK side. There were two with the two queen beds on MK side with one being on the Bay Lake side. If you booked a king then you would obviously get the MK view but you could not be guaranteed a view when you booked the two queen room.

Having said all that, who knows if it will be the same when the re-hab is done. I do not know if they will keep the same basic room set-up and just re-hab the furnishings, etc. or if they will actually change some of the room configurations.
Thanks for clarifying the number of rooms. I'll also add that I've never seen a discounted Tower Club level room, but maybe they will start discounting the non-suite rooms after they re-open? Na, I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakate27 View Post
Hello Everyone. We recently booked the Garden Wing - Hospitality Suite for October. I am looking for any information or pictures that anyone is willing to share. Thanks
ETA: There are new photos on the WDW booking site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/ Just click on PHOTOS next to Hospitality Suite.

Here are some (pre-rehab) photos from 2005:

http://contemporaryresort.net/hospitalitysuite.html

And here are more recent (pre-rehab) photos from 2010:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....97445&page=104

Congratulations on booking such a great room! Were you able to apply a discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRosko View Post
My fiancé and I are planning on staying at the CR in Sept '14 for our honeymoon/1st anniversary. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to go with the 14th floor "standard" room (bigger balcony) or 12th floor atrium club room... My biggest wish is to have a MK view and be on the north side of the building closer to the fireworks... I've seen maps of the 14th floor but how about the 12th-do any exist anywhere?? CR Fan where are you??? Anyone have a 12th floor plan/pics of the 12th floor rooms??? (I've seen the atrium lounge-it's awesome!) but looking for some pics of the 12th floor MK rooms/balconies etc etc. thanks so much!
Welcome. All the rooms at the CR, except for the suites and Deluxe rooms in the Garden Wing, are identical. All of the Tower rooms have unobstructed views and balconies.

There are room location maps on the first page. There are a couple of Tower Club balcony photos HERE, but they only show the view from 4912 and the sliding glass doors from inside. There is also a one bedroom suite photo of the balcony HERE.

There are Atrium Club room photos in the CL section and other Tower room photos on the first page of the thread. But again, all the rooms are absolutely identical on every floor, except the 14th floor, which just completed a rehab yesterday. All of the 12th floor balconies are the same size.

It's best not to ever request a specific room number because if it isn't available the Room Assignor won't know why you wanted the room and can't put you into a similar room. If you want to be near the MK then book a TPV room and ask to be on the north side or close to BLT. But, all of the TPV rooms on the 12th floor have amazing views of the MK so you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicstreet View Post
Just got back from our stay at Bay Lake Towers. The place was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in room 7708. Had an awesome view of the lake and the Magic Kingdom. I did not get the magic band but it was absolutely given to every person checking in to the contemporary.
Welcome and I'm glad you had a great stay at BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
We are planning our 2014 trip and I thought I had decided on the POLY again but something about the CR keeps drawing me back in

I am thinking of doing garden wing or BLV in the tower....was originally set on MKV but not really loving the pictures of the parking lot below and most nights we will be out at the park anyways!

There will be myself, DH, DD7, DD5 and DD2 at time of trip! also joining us will be grandparents! Yahoo!! (hoping for a night at MK by ourselves while they watch the kids

What would everyone suggest?!?!
Welcome! Our favorite room is in the Tower BLV. We prefer not seeing the parking lot, too and love looking out at Bay Lake and having everything we need right where we're staying, so that would be my suggestion. However, I know that young kids love looking at the castle so it would probably extra magical for them to see it from the room. But, if you can book CL, then I would definitely book a BLV CL room and then your kids can see the castle from the lounge and watch Wishes, too. Sorry - I may have made this more confusing for you

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-30-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: ADDED ANOTHER HOSPITALITY SUITE PHOTO LINK.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #1699
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kook...I haven't even thought about CL, something else to consider

The only thing I am nervous about with the tower is being up so high and having a balcony with our youngest only being 2 at the time of trip?! I know that may seem crazy to some to worry about! LOL

I would consider a split stay but DH has ruled it out
Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #1700
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks Kook...I haven't even thought about CL, something else to consider

The only thing I am nervous about with the tower is being up so high and having a balcony with our youngest only being 2 at the time of trip?! I know that may seem crazy to some to worry about! LOL

I would consider a split stay but DH has ruled it out
That's not a silly concern at all. The Garden Wing has no balconies and the ground floor rooms are wonderful for small kids. The kids can run around and play in the grass or patio. Maybe this would be better?

BTW, I've added shipping information to the Guest Services section of Post #2.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1701
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRosko View Post

My fiancé and I are planning on staying at the CR in Sept '14 for our honeymoon/1st anniversary. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to go with the 14th floor "standard" room (bigger balcony) or 12th floor atrium club room... My biggest wish is to have a MK view and be on the north side of the building closer to the fireworks... I've seen maps of the 14th floor but how about the 12th-do any exist anywhere?? CR Fan where are you??? Anyone have a 12th floor plan/pics of the 12th floor rooms??? (I've seen the atrium lounge-it's awesome!) but looking for some pics of the 12th floor MK rooms/balconies etc etc. thanks so much!
They are the same as any other regular room at CR and the balconies are the same as non CL rooms in the tower also. (Not referring to Tiwer Club but the tower part of the hotel, if that makes sense).
Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #1702
MET270
Mouseketeer

Got our Mickey Mail yesterday. Trying to keep the fact that I switched our ressie from POR to CR from DW and surprise her! Wish me luck! :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #1703
annakate27
Mouseketeer

ETA: There are new photos on the WDW booking site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/ Just click on PHOTOS next to Hospitality Suite.

Here are some (pre-rehab) photos from 2005:

http://contemporaryresort.net/hospitalitysuite.html

And here are more recent (pre-rehab) photos from 2010:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....97445&page=104

Congratulations on booking such a great room! Were you able to apply a discount?

Thanks...yes we were able to apply free dining! Thanks again!!!!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7)

Old 06-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #1704
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicstreet View Post
Glad you had a nice trip and enjoyed staying at BLT .

Quote:
I don't think it's a crazy concern at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That's not a silly concern at all. The Garden Wing has no balconies and the ground floor rooms are wonderful for small kids. The kids can run around and play in the grass or patio. Maybe this would be better?
I agree with this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
Got our Mickey Mail yesterday. Trying to keep the fact that I switched our ressie from POR to CR from DW and surprise her! Wish me luck! :-)
Yay for Mickey mail....and what a great surprise for your DW .

Quote:
Congrats on being able to take advantage of FD .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #1705
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, you were on the Tower Club level before you changed. Just curious, was your request granted for a King on the Atrium Club level?
I ended up switching resorts and stayed at Polynesian. We had a great room discount and ended up staying in the Honeymoon Room. My wife was happy because she wanted the Polynesian all along.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #1706
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MET270 View Post
I could never keep it a secret - I'd be bursting! Is your plan for her to find out when she pulls up to CR or before? Will she notice the ME tags?

Quote:
You're welcome and enjoy that fabulous room! Maybe you could post some photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701 View Post
I ended up switching resorts and stayed at Polynesian. We had a great room discount and ended up staying in the Honeymoon Room. My wife was happy because she wanted the Polynesian all along.
Happy wife, happy life - aloha
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #1707
MET270
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="WDWKOOK;48826765"]
I could never keep it a secret - I'd be bursting! Is your plan for her to find out when she pulls up to CR or before? Will she notice the ME tags?

My plan is to keep it a secret until ME pulls up to CR, hopefully she doesn't spot it on the ME tags. It's been really tough, I just hope I can pull it off!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1708
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I missed multi-quoting you - sorry

Yes, I'll probably file a TR after our August trip. But, you do know it's WL/CL?

That's how I plan ADRs, too. I look at the schedule and choose the non-EMH park and go from there in choosing an ADR. Planning is half the fun and so is the anticipation
Yay! for a WL CL trip report! CR and WL have been neck and neck for me throughout this planning process. CR is in the lead right now because last trip I wanted CR but got lured by all the Poly nuts out there. This time, if I get lured away again, I'll just regret it.

However, it's very likely that WL is next up.

Do bounceback offers ever come toward the end of the year? If so, is it only for the same resort, or any resort on property?

Happy July everyone!

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #1709
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post

Yay! for a WL CL trip report! CR and WL have been neck and neck for me throughout this planning process. CR is in the lead right now because last trip I wanted CR but got lured by all the Poly nuts out there. This time, if I get lured away again, I'll just regret it.

However, it's very likely that WL is next up.

Do bounceback offers ever come toward the end of the year? If so, is it only for the same resort, or any resort on property?

Happy July everyone!
I've had the WL vs. CR debate too. The thing that normally makes the CR win is the monorail. We try to avoid the buses when possible. I know WL has the boat to MK, but how do you get to EPCOT from there? Bus? Is there a boat to the TTC?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #1710
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Yes, bouncebacks have come been offered at the end of the year . You do not have to book the same resort you are currently staying at. You can book any resort under a BB as long as that resort is available under the promo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I've had the WL vs. CR debate too. The thing that normally makes the CR win is the monorail. We try to avoid the buses when possible. I know WL has the boat to MK, but how do you get to EPCOT from there? Bus? Is there a boat to the TTC?
If the WL appeals to you, you really should give it a try as it is an amazing resort . We've had 2 great stays at the WL and the buses were always quick and efficient. I don't remember any time in which we waited a long time and/or had a super crowded bus. Comparing the bus transportation among all of the resorts we've stayed at, the WL ranks at the top (in our experience) for great service .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: