Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1681
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

A STD Atrium Club room is actually just a Bay Lake View room. I have no idea why they don't just call it what it is. All the rooms are identical.

I've never seen an Atrium Club King room that's bookable online. I think they might be referring to a King Tower Club room, which is just slightly more than an Atrium Club room. You can't book a Tower Club room view, but you can book an Atrium Club view. You also can't book Tower Club rooms online (and it's closed now for a rehab), but you can call the WDTC to book those rooms. There are only 2-4 non-suite rooms though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

I think the standard/king CL room might be Tower Club (but I'm not sure). I know Tower Club is more expensive than Atrium Club, so that would be my guess. Hopefully someone will be able to give a definite answer on that .
Thank you both so much! I didn't realize there were a few Tower Club rooms that weren't suites. I bet that's what it is since it's a little more than the Atrium rates. Thanks again
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #1682
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great minds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Thank you both so much! I didn't realize there were a few Tower Club rooms that weren't suites. I bet that's what it is since it's a little more than the Atrium rates. Thanks again
You're welcome.....have fun planning .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #1683
Chm635
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Great minds...

UGH. Lots of traffic lights out around here which everyone seems to forget means a four-way stop

The walkway to the MK is going to make it so easy for you to take DD in her stroller. Are you going to do Photopass? I highly recommend it so that you'll have lots of family photos. Also, take a picture at a location you can repeat every year, (I'm optimistic about your returning). It's fun to compare them year to year. Hope your commute goes well.
I had never thought of the same location! Great idea, thank you and yes, think we will do PhotoPass so I have less to juggle
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #1684
xrobx
Earning My Ears

So I'm sure this is a common question, but I am staying at the CR from 12-16 to 12-20 with a TPV, is there a certain location/room no. that I could ask for upon arrival that would make the views that much better, or are all the TPVs pretty much created equal? Thanks guys, we can't wait to go!
December 2012-Pop Century
December 2013-Contemporary Resort

Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #1685
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am not sure if the rooms I am thinking of are Tower Club. But in 2010 when I was booking club level, I wanted to guarantee a king size bed and not have it as just a preference. I was given a king room category. After doing research I found that there are two rooms on club level that are configured differently than the rest of the club rooms with weird bathroom layouts. I found pictures somewhere...sorry I don't remember where...and didn't care for the room or the bathroom. I called a few times and on CM finally confirmed I would get one of those rooms. So I changed my reservation right away. Sorry I couldn't provide more information. Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #1686
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamanna1701 View Post

I am not sure if the rooms I am thinking of are Tower Club. But in 2010 when I was booking club level, I wanted to guarantee a king size bed and not have it as just a preference. I was given a king room category. After doing research I found that there are two rooms on club level that are configured differently than the rest of the club rooms with weird bathroom layouts. I found pictures somewhere...sorry I don't remember where...and didn't care for the room or the bathroom. I called a few times and on CM finally confirmed I would get one of those rooms. So I changed my reservation right away. Sorry I couldn't provide more information. Good luck and enjoy your stay.
Thank you! I'll have to do some digging around and see what I can find out. Please let me know if you happen to come across the pictures you saw.
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #1687
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Hey Kook, can you adjust my dates for the Logorail?

We were able to extend our dates at the CR now so we'll be there Sept 1-13. I cancelled our days at YC because the CR opened up and we can get the convention rate for the whole stay (saving alot of $$$). Even with a 35% off PIN code, it was $200 more per night for YCCL

Thanks!
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 06-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #1688
mlamanna1701
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you! I'll have to do some digging around and see what I can find out. Please let me know if you happen to come across the pictures you saw.
In case you didn't find it yet, I did some searches and found the information about the King Room category-Club Level rooms. I believe there are only two on the Tower Club level and are the only non-suite rooms. Here are the links for the two rooms:

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4911.html

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4912.html

This site says these rooms are the two least expensive rooms on the Tower Club Level and are probably the two worst rooms at the Contemporary Resort. The pages have more information and a many pictures.

Hope this information helps.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #1689
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

In case you didn't find it yet, I did some searches and found the information about the King Room category-Club Level rooms. I believe there are only two on the Tower Club level and are the only non-suite rooms. Here are the links for the two rooms:

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4911.html

http://contemporaryresort.net/room4912.html

This site says these rooms are the two least expensive rooms on the Tower Club Level and are probably the two worst rooms at the Contemporary Resort. The pages have more information and a many pictures.

Hope this information helps.
That's amazing! Thank you so much! It's so interesting that they say they're the worst rooms in the whole resort. That one bathroom is pretty awful. Very cool to see. Thanks again! (This is why I LOVE the DIS!!!)

We're still trying to decide what/how we want to book. 2014 packages won't be released until July 10, so I won't have definitive pricing until then, but we will have 4 adults and will basically need either:
3 separate rooms
OR
Something with 2 bedrooms and a sleeper
OR
Something with 3 bedrooms
Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #1690
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Two more things....

1 - do they still put the Wishes music on the TV channel? When we stayed in a TPV room in 2008 that was so cool and its part of the reason my mom wants to stay here, but I feel like I remember reading that they stopped doing it?

2 - what on earth is going on with the new bus stop area and how long is it going to be that way? When we were there 3 weeks ago we stopped by the CR to do some shopping and they told us the bus stop was now this makeshift camp tent back by BLT. It was really small, only enough seats for 4 people, unmarked, and seemed a little unusual.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #1691
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
In NJ traffic lights out means "oh my God I'm going to die!" Because around here "I" have to get there before you.

Seriously no one in NJ knows how to handle traffic lights out.
Yep, all "I's" and no "You's" = Don't even think about turning left

Quote:
There were two, but with the just completed 14th floor rehab, I don't know if there is a new configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chm635 View Post
I had never thought of the same location! Great idea, thank you and yes, think we will do PhotoPass so I have less to juggle
And, you're sure to be in some pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
So I'm sure this is a common question, but I am staying at the CR from 12-16 to 12-20 with a TPV, is there a certain location/room no. that I could ask for upon arrival that would make the views that much better, or are all the TPVs pretty much created equal? Thanks guys, we can't wait to go!

I've added you to the Log-orail. All of the TPV rooms offer unobstructed views of Seven Seas Lagoon and MK. Frequent requests are:

~Odd numbered room. As you lie in bed, you'll face MK.

~High floor. Some like a more commanding view.

~Away from Chef Mickeys. Some don't want to be near the ongoing "Celebration" song, though it's not easily heard with the door shut and AC fan running.

Quote:
Yes, you were on the Tower Club level before you changed. Just curious, was your request granted for a King on the Atrium Club level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
Hey Kook, can you adjust my dates for the Logorail?

We were able to extend our dates at the CR now so we'll be there Sept 1-13. I cancelled our days at YC because the CR opened up and we can get the convention rate for the whole stay (saving alot of $$$). Even with a 35% off PIN code, it was $200 more per night for YCCL

Thanks!
Yippee! That's great that you were able to get that amazing rate for almost two weeks

Quote:
Two more things....

1 - do they still put the Wishes music on the TV channel? When we stayed in a TPV room in 2008 that was so cool and its part of the reason my mom wants to stay here, but I feel like I remember reading that they stopped doing it?

2 - what on earth is going on with the new bus stop area and how long is it going to be that way? When we were there 3 weeks ago we stopped by the CR to do some shopping and they told us the bus stop was now this makeshift camp tent back by BLT. It was really small, only enough seats for 4 people, unmarked, and seemed a little unusual.
Yes, Wishes is still on channel 20. But, I can't answer your CR bus stop question
Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #1692
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Yes, of course. Thanks!
I've edited and added your CL photos to the CL section on the first page
Old 06-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #1693
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Before the rehab, there were actually 5 non-suite rooms on the Tower Club
14th floor. Two were kings and three were two queens. The two kings were both on the MK side. There were two with the two queen beds on MK side with one being on the Bay Lake side. If you booked a king then you would obviously get the MK view but you could not be guaranteed a view when you booked the two queen room.

Having said all that, who knows if it will be the same when the re-hab is done. I do not know if they will keep the same basic room set-up and just re-hab the furnishings, etc. or if they will actually change some of the room configurations.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #1694
annakate27
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone. We recently booked the Garden Wing - Hospitality Suite for October. I am looking for any information or pictures that anyone is willing to share. Thanks

(Me) (DH) (DD 7)

Old 06-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #1695
DJRosko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Before the rehab, there were actually 5 non-suite rooms on the Tower Club
14th floor. Two were kings and three were two queens. The two kings were both on the MK side. There were two with the two queen beds on MK side with one being on the Bay Lake side. If you booked a king then you would obviously get the MK view but you could not be guaranteed a view when you booked the two queen room.

Having said all that, who knows if it will be the same when the re-hab is done. I do not know if they will keep the same basic room set-up and just re-hab the furnishings, etc. or if they will actually change some of the room configurations.
My fiancé and I are planning on staying at the CR in Sept '14 for our honeymoon/1st anniversary. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to go with the 14th floor "standard" room (bigger balcony) or 12th floor atrium club room... My biggest wish is to have a MK view and be on the north side of the building closer to the fireworks... I've seen maps of the 14th floor but how about the 12th-do any exist anywhere?? CR Fan where are you??? Anyone have a 12th floor plan/pics of the 12th floor rooms??? (I've seen the atrium lounge-it's awesome!) but looking for some pics of the 12th floor MK rooms/balconies etc etc. thanks so much!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: