Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #1591
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!
 
disneynanacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Ahh, I see you got the much sought after cloud view room Glad you enjoyed it, since the inner rooms can be a bit weird sometimes, since you generally are able to look into the rooms on the opposite side. Crazy people stay at Disney, sometimes.
.
Aren't you just a little breath of sweetened up ridicule. I think you might just be one of those crazy people at Disney sometimes looking into others rooms.
__________________
disneynanacat is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #1592
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Good Morning!

I'm back from vacation and of course, I'm way behind on all my favorite threads, but I'll be back to multi-quote later. Thanks to all who answered questions and kept the thread off page 2

Made a change while on vacation. DH had me calling daily for Atrium Club (happy to oblige), but it still isn't available with the AP or military rate. But, I was able to book WL-CL with the military discount. Six weeks from today we arrive at our favorite Lodge. We're still on Bay Lake and just a Sea Raycer ride away from CR/BLT and the CC

WDWKOOK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #1593
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm back from vacation and of course, I'm way behind on all my favorite threads, but I'll be back to multi-quote later. Thanks to all who answered questions and kept the thread off page 2

Made a change while on vacation. DH had me calling daily for Atrium Club (happy to oblige), but it still isn't available with the AP or military rate. But, I was able to book WL-CL with the military discount. Six weeks from today we arrive at our favorite Lodge. We're still on Bay Lake and just a Sea Raycer ride away from CR/BLT and the CC
Hi KOOK .....hope you had a great vacation. I'm sorry you weren't able to get Atrium Club, but congrats on getting WL CL . Six weeks will go by quick and you will be relaxing at the lodge before you know it .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #1594
Males1011
Earning My Ears
 
Males1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I had asked the CM who had walked us in about the observation deck at CR and that I had heard (read here on this thread) that only part of it was opened right now. She confirmed that but said that we could watch fireworks from TOTWL as long as we were staying on points (even if not DVC members). The check-in CM overheard that and said we would need to check just to make sure, BUT, our cards do say “DVC” on them, so she felt pretty confident that they would allow us up. I still wasn't counting on it. After we returned from HDDR and a quick tour of WL, we headed to the desk to see about TOTWL. I explained that we weren't members and no worries if we couldn't access it, but she looked at my card and said it was okay because “DVC” was on my card. Woo hoo!!! So excited!! I didn't go into the lounge at all since it was so close to Wishes time (sent DH in to get drinks), but it was awesome watching the fireworks from up there. So grateful we got to experience it.
That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.

Also, thanks for the update! The view DOES look awesome!
__________________

Jonathan (29)~! Cheryl (DGF24)
Males1011 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #1595
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Males1011 View Post
That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.

Also, thanks for the update! The view DOES look awesome!
Anytime someone stays on points, whether they're their own points or now, the code on the KTTW card will read room-only A02 (or whatever the DVC code is).
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1596
emcclay
Mouseketeer
 
emcclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL
Posts: 332

Doing a split stay in January '14. January 3-12 at CSR and January 13-18 in a CR BL view tower room. My parents think we are staying in the Garden Wing.. I love secrets
__________________
Pastry Chef in the making!


December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #1597
Janed
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 115

What's the chance?

I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!
Janed is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #1598
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!
We've never rented points, but a friend of mine has rented from the same person for probably 6 or 7 years and was able to get a 1 bedroom at BLT in May by booking right at the 7 month mark (owner does not own at BLT). I don't know how hard/easy it is to rent for Oct as we've never done it, but I think if you find someone early enough and they get on it right at the 7 month mark, your chances are probably pretty good. This is just speculation, of course, so hopefully someone with better insight/actual experience can give further insight .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #1599
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Males1011 View Post
That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.

Also, thanks for the update! The view DOES look awesome!
If you don't have the blue member card, you might not be allowed up to the TOTWL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Anytime someone stays on points, whether they're their own points or now, the code on the KTTW card will read room-only A02 (or whatever the DVC code is).
A02 stands for two adults. It may say DVC room on the KTTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!
You are much too early to purchase a reservation from a member for October 2014. The earliest an owner at BLT could reserve a villa is 11 months out. You might want to find a BLT owner who is considering "renting" their points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
We've never rented points, but a friend of mine has rented from the same person for probably 6 or 7 years and was able to get a 1 bedroom at BLT in May by booking right at the 7 month mark (owner does not own at BLT). I don't know how hard/easy it is to rent for Oct as we've never done it, but I think if you find someone early enough and they get on it right at the 7 month mark, your chances are probably pretty good. This is just speculation, of course, so hopefully someone with better insight/actual experience can give further insight .
October for DVC is getting harder all the time with all the events at WDW. So you really need to book something before seven months out. May is much easier than October.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1600
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran
 
Music City Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Ahh, I see you got the much sought after cloud view room Glad you enjoyed it, since the inner rooms can be a bit weird sometimes, since you generally are able to look into the rooms on the opposite side. Crazy people stay at Disney, sometimes.

I'm also glad you were able to see Wishes from the Top of the World! It is a great way to see the fireworks.
I made sure to always close the curtains when it started getting dark. I could see people in their rooms (not that I could make out faces), so I knew they could see me. And I always kept the bathroom/tub door closed, just in case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Males1011 View Post
That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.
Our KTTW cards showed our names and then stated "DVC Room Only". The check-in CM did point out to me, though, that for whatever reason, one of our cards only stated "Room Only" not "DVC Room Only", so she said to be sure to show the "DVC Room Only" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you don't have the blue member card, you might not be allowed up to the TOTWL.

A02 stands for two adults. It may say DVC room on the KTTW.
I thought they would ask to see a DVC member card, so I really wasn't expecting it, and I was very upfront with them about the fact that I wasn't a member (but staying on points, not a cash reservation). I don't know if they were just sprinkling pixie dust on us because we were so unassuming or if the "DVC" on the card is really all they want to see. Then again, it's also probably dependent on each individual CM, too. If I stayed there again, I wouldn't assume that we'd get up there a second time. Just happy we got to experience it.
Music City Mama is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #1601
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport
 
Greysword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: now in Oregon
Posts: 2,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Aren't you just a little breath of sweetened up ridicule. I think you might just be one of those crazy people at Disney sometimes looking into others rooms.
Sorry, wasn't trying to ridicule anyone. I love the picture! As a Floridian in exile in Portland, OR, I miss the weather back home. The clouds are even better!

As for the rooms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I made sure to always close the curtains when it started getting dark. I could see people in their rooms (not that I could make out faces), so I knew they could see me. And I always kept the bathroom/tub door closed, just in case!
See... creepy, huh? In its first year of operation, DVC members staying on the inner circle at BLT had some strange stories that wouldn't rate the wholesome G rating by the MPAA

better safe to keep things closed and avert the eyes .




Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Our KTTW cards showed our names and then stated "DVC Room Only". The check-in CM did point out to me, though, that for whatever reason, one of our cards only stated "Room Only" not "DVC Room Only", so she said to be sure to show the "DVC Room Only" one.



I thought they would ask to see a DVC member card, so I really wasn't expecting it, and I was very upfront with them about the fact that I wasn't a member (but staying on points, not a cash reservation). I don't know if they were just sprinkling pixie dust on us because we were so unassuming or if the "DVC" on the card is really all they want to see. Then again, it's also probably dependent on each individual CM, too. If I stayed there again, I wouldn't assume that we'd get up there a second time. Just happy we got to experience it.
Always good to be upfront, and I'm still glad you got to go up. As Deb mentioned, sometimes they do check for the DVC member card. It all depends on the CM and the policy du jour.

It seems they aren't sure exactly how to handle it at times. They would like visitors at the TotW Lounge, so they can get more sales (things are not as rosy, financially speaking, at the TotWL it seems), but they also are trying to keep the "exclusivity" promised at resort opening. For a period, any DVC member at WDW staying on points were allowed up (which is fine as long as it helps keep the lounge from closing.
__________________
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.



Greysword is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #1602
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
When you get back....grab your eraser....same dates but BLT 2 Br BLV
I'm back

I grabbed my magical erasing RC quill and accidentally erased your entry. But, I have this feeling that when I go through the RC thread, I'll see that you're probably not even at BLT anymore - or are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Does the pool at CR get a lot of shade from the tower or is it blazing hot out there in the sun??? It looks like it is pretty exposed. What are your experiences? Thanks!
DH hates the sun, yet has always loved CR's pool deck. There are quite a few areas that are shaded by trees, particularly the ones closest to the Tower and near the hot tub/slide area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Info posted on Disney Parks Blog about the California Grill's expanded beverage program:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...porary-resort/
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panotchr View Post
Thanks! I have a daughter who has had multiple brain and spinal surgeries and we are going to try to save her some steps every way we can. She has a wheelchair she can use , but hates to use it unless she absolultely has to .
to the thread!

The only way to access the monorail is by taking the escalator or elevator. There are photos of both on the first page. Both are on the 4th floor which is where the bridge from BLT takes you. You might want to request a villa that is "close to the Sky Bridge." The Sky Bridge is on the 5th floor of BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Just wanted to provide a mini report on our stay at BLT. We stayed 5 nights at the Swan followed by 4 nights at BLT (1 BR standard view). I had rented points 11 months ago through a DIS member on the rent/trade sub-forum.

We checked in around noon not expecting the room to be ready (I debated doing online check-in, but decided against it). I told the CM at the front desk that my only request was not to be on the first floor (I had read about the lack of sheer curtains and I really didn't want the first floor for that reason). Much to our surprise, our room was ready!!

First of all, I love the décor and the artwork totally up my alley. I was really impressed even walking down the hallways. Then we entered the room. It was even nicer than I imagined. Absolutely loved it! It was clean, spacious, and just beautiful.

I had asked the CM who had walked us in about the observation deck at CR and that I had heard (read here on this thread) that only part of it was opened right now. She confirmed that but said that we could watch fireworks from TOTWL as long as we were staying on points (even if not DVC members). The check-in CM overheard that and said we would need to check just to make sure, BUT, our cards do say DVC on them, so she felt pretty confident that they would allow us up. I still wasn't counting on it. After we returned from HDDR and a quick tour of WL, we headed to the desk to see about TOTWL. I explained that we weren't members and no worries if we couldn't access it, but she looked at my card and said it was okay because DVC was on my card. Woo hoo!!! So excited!! I didn't go into the lounge at all since it was so close to Wishes time (sent DH in to get drinks), but it was awesome watching the fireworks from up there. So grateful we got to experience it.

We were in room 7335 (south/inner C) and this was the view from our balcony (which was gorgeous to me and more than I expected to get):

I really, really loved everything about this resort, however, I dont think I can pull off paying for 9 nights there (which is how long we stay) unless we stayed in a studio and I think it will just be too small for our family of 4. I dont want to do a split-stay next time I want to settle in. We normally stay in the Epcot resorts area (which I love just a little more than the MK resorts area) and will try to rent points at BWV next trip Im not stoked about the look/décor, though.

Anyhow, for anyone on the fence about BLT, its wonderful. We all loved it so much!
I'm glad you posted about your trip - thank you and welcome home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Ahh, I see you got the much sought after cloud view room Glad you enjoyed it, since the inner rooms can be a bit weird sometimes, since you generally are able to look into the rooms on the opposite side. Crazy people stay at Disney, sometimes.

I'm also glad you were able to see Wishes from the Top of the World! It is a great way to see the fireworks.
Sometimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Hi KOOK .....hope you had a great vacation. I'm sorry you weren't able to get Atrium Club, but congrats on getting WL CL . Six weeks will go by quick and you will be relaxing at the lodge before you know it .
Thank you! Atrium just wasn't meant to be this time. DH was deployed when DD and I tried CR CL, so we were trying to get it more for DH than DD and me so he could experience it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcclay View Post
Doing a split stay in January '14. January 3-12 at CSR and January 13-18 in a CR BL view tower room. My parents think we are staying in the Garden Wing.. I love secrets

Even though it's a secret, would you like to be added to our Log-orail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-22-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Only erased pas130's entry, not "everything."
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #1603
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you! Atrium just wasn't meant to be this time. DH was deployed when DD and I tried CR CL, so we were trying to get it more for DH than DD and me so he could experience it, too.
CR CL will hopefully be there next time for DH to try, but I know you will enjoy the OFC this trip .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #1604
Janed
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 115

October for DVC is getting harder all the time with all the events at WDW. So you really need to book something before seven months out. May is much easier than October.


Thanks for that info, although it wasn't what I was hoping for! We're looking for a time that is warm enough for the pool (went in January and the temps were in the 40s!) and away from the busiest crowds. Any other suggestions would be great. Thank you.
Janed is offline  
Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #1605
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
...For a period, any DVC member at WDW staying on points were allowed up (which is fine as long as it helps keep the lounge from closing.
Actually, through the end of this year, any DVC member staying at any resort on the property, either through DVC or Disney Reservation Center, can access the TOTWL, except for a few select dates like NYE.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: