Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #1486
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran
 
wdhinn89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,083

Hey WDWKOOK, why is my monorail closer than yours. lol
__________________
wdhinn89 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #1487
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyBelle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,519

We are staying at BLT for a few days before the DVC Member cruise. YEAH!!!!!! I anticipate that I may want/have to ship some stuff home directly from the resort, to make it less cumbersome on and off the Dream. Where can I do that? Thanks, Deb
DisneyBelle99 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #1488
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Not sure if I was added to the train. August 12- August 17. CR/BLV.
You're on the Log-orail heading to CR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Hey WDWKOOK, why is my monorail closer than yours. lol
Guess mine needs to get towed over to the Monorail Barn for some re-calibration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
We are staying at BLT for a few days before the DVC Member cruise. YEAH!!!!!! I anticipate that I may want/have to ship some stuff home directly from the resort, to make it less cumbersome on and off the Dream. Where can I do that? Thanks, Deb
I've never done it, but I believe you would go through either the Business Center at CR or the concierge/front desk at either BLT or CR. Hopefully someone who has actually done it will post.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #1489
manicstreet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Hi - Just wondering if anyone here had heard about the upcoming MyMagic+ testing for CR and AKL guests? Apparently those checking in on either June 20, 21, or 22 are eligible for the test. Anyone here going on those dates? I was just curious to hear if they would indeed participate in the test and also then report back here with what they thought of it.
My family and I will be checking in June 21st at bay lake tower. Ill report back if we are selected for the my magic+.
manicstreet is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #1490
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicstreet View Post
My family and I will be checking in June 21st at bay lake tower. Ill report back if we are selected for the my magic+.
to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread, manicstreet! We're honored to have your first post here. I hope you have a wonderful vacation at BLT. Is this your first stay?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #1491
Wendy31
DIS Veteran
 
Wendy31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neverland
Posts: 2,921

I'm so sad....

We normally go to the beach in June, but, due to DH's work schedule changing, we can't this year. So, we've decided to turn our September Disney trip into a beach/Disney trip &, since we're doing the beach too, we've decided to downgrade our resort.

I so LOVE the CR, & I'm going to miss it so much!

Right now, we're trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

Anyway, I guess you need to take me off the list.

And, hopefully, we'll back to the CR next year.
__________________
~Wendy
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1492
Hulles
Martian Mickey
 
Hulles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 76

I wish package pricing for next year would hurry up We have pretty much decided to once again head back to Disney next year, but try something slightly different. We have stayed at BLT the last two years. Looking to perhaps stay in the tower in 2014 in a lake view room. I guess that would be alittle cheaper than BLT We shall see!
Hulles is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1493
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!
 
JessietheNCCowgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 202

Hey WDWKook! I can't thank you enough for this informative thread! The CR has been my dream resort since I was a kid and with the help of your thread I was able to convince my DH and DD to make the switch from the YC to CR this summer!
I booked a TPV room (with AP discount) and am going to request and odd numbered room.

I am so excited for our upcoming trip - getting to stay at CR, being able to walk to the MK and seeing the New Fantasyland!

Could you please add me to the Log-orail - our dates are 7/27-8/3.
Thanks again for your dedication to this thread!
__________________
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
JessietheNCCowgirl is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #1494
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Wowza! We'd love some photos of your two bedroom.
I promise to post TONS when we get back!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
Has anyone ordered a birthday cake and balloons, or one of the chocolate characters/monorail from the resort? We are celebrating my niece's birthday on our next visit, and I'd like to do something. Disney Florist options seem expensive and aren't exactly what I'm looking for anyways (I've ordered from them in the past, it's easy but very overpriced).

Do any of the gift shops sell balloons? Even if I could just pick up those and a few treats, that'd probably be good. Any thoughts or suggestions for a 2 year old? Many thanks!!
We have ordered a cake from Chef Brian. He did a chocolate cake with a White Chocolate Mickey and Mickey heads decorating it for us. We had it delivered to the room during fireworks and it was amazing. You can call private dining at CR to order one.


Any chance someone has the June Activity Schedule for BLT?
WsPrincess is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1495
Eilonwy
I honestly don't pay attention
I think I'm the only one around here who DIDN'T win this one!
believe it or not, I'm NEVER at the mall!
 
Eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: SW PA
Posts: 1,304

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Any chance someone has the June Activity Schedule for BLT?
That's what I'm looking for, too!
__________________
~Sue B. Our next trip ??? BLT June 2013

Contemporary: JUN 1975, AUG 1976, JUL 1979, JUN 1984
Polynesian Village: JUL 1981, JUN 1986
offsite: APR 1988, DEC 2005
Dixie Landings: SEPT/OCT 1993 (DH's first trip), AUG 1995
Boardwalk Villas: JAN 2002 (DS's first trip), JAN 2003 (everyone got sick )
Old Key West: DEC 2003, DEC 2005 (DD's first trip), DEC 2012
Beach Club Villas: DEC 2005, NOV 2007
Villas at Wilderness Lodge: NOV 2006, NOV 2008
Kidani Village: NOV 2009
Bay Lake Towers: NOV 2010
Disneyland Paris: AUG 2011 (day trip)
Aulani: JUN 2012
Eilonwy is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1496
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran
 
AlohaAnnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Welcome Home
Posts: 2,700

Add me to the log-orail

We will be at BCV from 6/16-6/22 one bedroom and then we switch to BLT from 6/22-6/28 in a one bedroom lake view.

__________________
Me (Tina) DH (Shawn) DS (18) (Aaron) DD (13) (Allison) Aladdin (Buddy) Jasmine Lilo Stitch

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #1497
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post
We're staying in a grand villa in November and can't wait!!!! How was it?
It was amazing! And it was so nice to all be in one big room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Will you be doing another TR?
Already started! Link is in my signature!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #1498
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post





I dug deep into the KOOK Disney Files and found my December 2010 CR activities sheet. It shows the movie started at 6:30 and the campfire was from 5:30-6:30.

Thank Heavens for KOOK files! I appreciate you data diving. It seems strange that it would make a difference (well, maybe not to DISers) but it really helps in planning. Having a campfire and watching the outdoor movie was one of the highlights of my twins' trip last Dec. More so than CRT and TSMM.

I'm getting more and more excited about my CR stay. I have decided to try each resort in the World. I'm certain hundreds have done so before me, and hundreds will do this once I'm done. Or, maybe I'll stop when I find my home...

I'm 8 days from my ADR day, so I'm frantically planning. Thanks to the KOOK files, I'm not even going to bother trying to get BoG, and instead, we will roast marshmallows and watch movies.
__________________
(Me) Disney Dreamer
(DH) Willing Participant
(The Littles) twin 7 year olds; Disney Fanatics in Training

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #1499
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
I'm so sad....

We normally go to the beach in June, but, due to DH's work schedule changing, we can't this year. So, we've decided to turn our September Disney trip into a beach/Disney trip &, since we're doing the beach too, we've decided to downgrade our resort.

I so LOVE the CR, & I'm going to miss it so much!

Right now, we're trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

Anyway, I guess you need to take me off the list.

And, hopefully, we'll back to the CR next year.
I'm sorry your plans have to change. I know what it's like when DH's work commitments change and you have to make adjustments. I know you were anticipating CR, but, you'll still be at WDW and if you choose a cabin, you'll still be on Bay Lake! Is the BC room that much less than a CR GW room? If you're already going to the beach, BC would be very similar since it has SAB, so could you maybe price out a GW room at CR? The cabins are private and roomy, but they only have double beds - no queens, which is a downside for us. Maybe someday they'll get a queen in there, like at the other Moderates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
I wish package pricing for next year would hurry up We have pretty much decided to once again head back to Disney next year, but try something slightly different. We have stayed at BLT the last two years. Looking to perhaps stay in the tower in 2014 in a lake view room. I guess that would be alittle cheaper than BLT We shall see!
Yes, the Tower BLV room is less than a BLT one-bedroom and more square footage than a Studio. But, a CL BLV room is more than a one-bedroom villa. I know this because this weekend I tried to book an Atrium Club room and a BLT villa and neither were available with our discount, but a BLV room was. I think you'll love a BLV room. What views did you have at BLT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Hey WDWKook! I can't thank you enough for this informative thread! The CR has been my dream resort since I was a kid and with the help of your thread I was able to convince my DH and DD to make the switch from the YC to CR this summer!
I booked a TPV room (with AP discount) and am going to request and odd numbered room.

I am so excited for our upcoming trip - getting to stay at CR, being able to walk to the MK and seeing the New Fantasyland!

Could you please add me to the Log-orail - our dates are 7/27-8/3.
Thanks again for your dedication to this thread!
and thank you so much - you've made my day. I'm so glad you've found the thread helpful and were even able to convince DH and DD to book a TPV room! The odd room is perfect for sitting in bed watching the castle change colors. Your DD will love watching Wishes right from her balcony - the view is amazing. Your childhood dream will come true soon!

I'd be happy to add you to the Log. What ADRs have you booked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I promise to post TONS when we get back!!


Any chance someone has the June Activity Schedule for BLT?
Yippee for Grand Villa photos for the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
That's what I'm looking for, too!
The site that I have hyperlinked in Post #1 under RESORT NEWS hasn't posted the June calendar yet, but they should soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Add me to the log-orail

We will be at BCV from 6/16-6/22 one bedroom and then we switch to BLT from 6/22-6/28 in a one bedroom lake view.

I'd be happy to add you and what a nice, long split you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post


Already started! Link is in my signature!
Great! Heading there soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
Thank Heavens for KOOK files! I appreciate you data diving. It seems strange that it would make a difference (well, maybe not to DISers) but it really helps in planning. Having a campfire and watching the outdoor movie was one of the highlights of my twins' trip last Dec. More so than CRT and TSMM.

I'm getting more and more excited about my CR stay. I have decided to try each resort in the World. I'm certain hundreds have done so before me, and hundreds will do this once I'm done. Or, maybe I'll stop when I find my home...

I'm 8 days from my ADR day, so I'm frantically planning. Thanks to the KOOK files, I'm not even going to bother trying to get BoG, and instead, we will roast marshmallows and watch movies.
Sounds like a great plan and sometimes it's the little things or even free things that interest kids the most and become memorable, like just riding the monorail around

Good idea to try them all, but you might not find one favorite, you might need to do some splits

I'm glad I could help with your planning, and you're right, it doesn't sound crazy at all to us, especially to WDWKOOK
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #1500
Willows909
Mouseketeer
 
Willows909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 207

Looks like my trip plans are changing...(husband's job, makes planning crazy!)...so please explain to me why I want either Bay lake view or Theme park View.....Have no clue which one to get... On the plus side, I am very excited at the prospect of staying there!!!
Willows909 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: