Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
T4K
Mouseketeer

Booking two rooms under the Military Salute discount

I will be booking 2 room-only reservations under the military salute discount. One is for my immediate family (husband and daughters) and one is for my parents.

My question is this...I may want to add on a dining plan later and realize that it makes it a package. Must I add the dining plan to both rooms I book or can I just add the dining plan to one room (and the guests assigned to that room)?
T4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Suz725
Mouseketeer

You can add it to both rooms.
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4K View Post
I will be booking 2 room-only reservations under the military salute discount. One is for my immediate family (husband and daughters) and one is for my parents.

My question is this...I may want to add on a dining plan later and realize that it makes it a package. Must I add the dining plan to both rooms I book or can I just add the dining plan to one room (and the guests assigned to that room)?
Each room can be booked as either room only or any level of the DP. However, they will refund the room-only and rebook as a package when you upgrade the one to DP - just so you know! (we did this last trip and will be doing it again this trip). One thing I will say is make sure both rooms are still linked after any changes... we went through several changes (one room to two, moved resorts, made a split-stay, added adults, added DP) and a few times the link wasn't carried over. I just got to the point where I always asked at the end "can you verify the reservations are linked?" and they double checked.

Enjoy and have fun!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
T4K
Mouseketeer

Great. Thanks for your help! I'll definitely keep the linking thing in mind.

It'll be our first visit. ;-)
T4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

If you are considering the Military discount room with dining, the package is called Military Dine. It's a ticketless package because tickets are available to military through special programs. You can reserve one room with dining, the other as room-only. As PP mentioned, to change a room-only reservation to package, you have to rebook. If you have a package booked, that reservation can be modified without rebooking. Keep the reservations linked, as previously mentioned.

Enjoy your first visit. We stay with Military Dine packages and we love to return again and again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: