Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1336
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I saw a note on my email to check out the ship of thieves' page. Deb, I follow you on facebook. Is someone going on the Westbound Repo next year? Chuck is thinking about it. Not sure if we can pull it off.
We are doing the WB Repo and can't wait!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #1337
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Deb- sorry your legs have been bothering you again Did the crushed seashells work?

It has been non-stop chaos around here. My dad had a very bad recovery from gall bladder surgery, wound up in intensive care for about a week and then a week in rehab. He is home now, but needs to make a lot of changes to his diet and activities and is still having trouble walking and not driving at all. He and my mom are also fighting fiercely at the moment, and she wants to get him moved out of their house. Just a mess!

We spent this last weekend at Hershey Park, so at least that was fun and a good getaway after all of the stress. I was back in court again this morning though, and again tomorrow and three appearances on Monday. It's exhausting. I'm so sad to be back to real life!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #1338
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Deb- sorry your legs have been bothering you again Did the crushed seashells work?

It has been non-stop chaos around here. My dad had a very bad recovery from gall bladder surgery, wound up in intensive care for about a week and then a week in rehab. He is home now, but needs to make a lot of changes to his diet and activities and is still having trouble walking and not driving at all. He and my mom are also fighting fiercely at the moment, and she wants to get him moved out of their house. Just a mess!

We spent this last weekend at Hershey Park, so at least that was fun and a good getaway after all of the stress. I was back in court again this morning though, and again tomorrow and three appearances on Monday. It's exhausting. I'm so sad to be back to real life!
Sorry your dad has been so sick...

Where does your mom want your dad to go? Are they going together? there's lots of choices out there for senior housing. Mom decided she's not ready to live in those communities, but she has me to take care of things...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #1339
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post

Looking forward to seeing Deb & John on Saturday. Have been telling Freckles that she gets to make new friends
OH can I be auntie Deb.....I will cat sit for you any time. We're bringing something for Freckles to play with. It's not a toy she can keep because John needs it back, but she will love it.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #1340
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You better be careful... Deb hasn't had a cat in a few weeks...

If is missing... you know where to look...
You're so right Michelle. I can't wait to cuddle and mush with her and play with her. I couldn't even do that with Ella.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #1341
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post

Thanks Ginamarie, different place, different doctors, different treatments. We'll see how it goes.

So glad Dad is getting better, but sorry for him and mom fighting. It's just as hard for the caregiver as it is for the sick person. I completely understand that. They will work it out.

Sure, I move out of PA and then you go to Hershey. It was just over an hour from us and we went there a lot. We could have met you there. OH WELL! Now we'll just have to see you in Florida instead.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #1342
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I'm back to GREEN! I'm back on my laptop. I can't do colors with the cell phone DIS App. So you'll know when I'm on the phone or the laptop by the color.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #1343
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Today was a wound doctor day....OH how I hate those. More pain, yadda yadda yadda......

I found out today that I can't go soak in the tub like I did in PA nor can I go in the pool. I was told that the water in Florida is so warm that there are microbacterial organisms and we don't want that getting into my open infection. Who knew. It's different down south. It's hot here. No more ice and snow, but other things to contend with. So no water except for showers for me. I didn't ask about the beaches, but I would have to assume that it's the same answer. I'll ask next appointment.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #1344
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

This afternoon we started doing my office/dressing room. I have no bed in there, but I have my desk set up and my dresser and vanity. I have a walk in closet and a walk in bathroom. So that's my room exclusively. We placed the furniture and I started on the boxes. We also hung some pictures in there. I love that I have my own space just for me!

Our house is SLOWLY coming together.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #1345
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
OH can I be auntie Deb.....I will cat sit for you any time. We're bringing something for Freckles to play with. It's not a toy she can keep because John needs it back, but she will love it.

Tell John Freckles is NOT allowed to play with sharp objects and he needs to leave his swords at home...

Quote:
You're so right Michelle. I can't wait to cuddle and mush with her and play with her. I couldn't even do that with Ella.
no bringing a large purse to smuggle her out with!

Quote:
I'm back to GREEN! I'm back on my laptop. I can't do colors with the cell phone DIS App. So you'll know when I'm on the phone or the laptop by the color.
YAY!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #1346
Tink rules

Quote:
Today was a wound doctor day....OH how I hate those. More pain, yadda yadda yadda......

I found out today that I can't go soak in the tub like I did in PA nor can I go in the pool. I was told that the water in Florida is so warm that there are microbacterial organisms and we don't want that getting into my open infection. Who knew. It's different down south. It's hot here. No more ice and snow, but other things to contend with. So no water except for showers for me. I didn't ask about the beaches, but I would have to assume that it's the same answer. I'll ask next appointment.

Yeah... the fresh water has stuff in it that gets killed in the north when it gets cold. that's why Disney won't let you swim in the lakes.

Ask them about the salt water... it shouldn't have the same bacteria.

Quote:
This afternoon we started doing my office/dressing room. I have no bed in there, but I have my desk set up and my dresser and vanity. I have a walk in closet and a walk in bathroom. So that's my room exclusively. We placed the furniture and I started on the boxes. We also hung some pictures in there. I love that I have my own space just for me!

Our house is SLOWLY coming together.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #1347
Tink rules

Spent all day in bed.... Mom had it the other day (after her Vegas day out...) and now I've caught it... just a bug... will be up and around tomorrow...

We were SUPPOSED to go to Jersey today to see Maysie. She and Scott are up from SC. for a visit before she starts her new job. She said she saw her parents and it went ok. I guess I will find out more tomorrow....

In other niece news.....

Emma called us last night to ask about my grandmother (mom's mom...) Em went to a psychic reading last night and she was told that she was her fathers grandmother in another life. which is pretty cool, seeing as Em was born on my grandmothers birthday!!! Kind of cool!!!

The good news is the psychic didn't warn her at all about her crazy aunt!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #1348
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

of all the things I've lost in life...I miss my mind the most

Just a drive by so I can find the thread again
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
1Grumpy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1349
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

wow I need to change my location!!!!!
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
1Grumpy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #1350
Tink rules

Hey John... now that you are retired.... it's time fore you to break 600 posts!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: