Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #1201
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
H A P P Y BELATED M O T H E R S D A Y !!!

:

I only steal from the best, even 1 day late

I hope all the moms (of 2 or 4 legged kids) had a great day yesterday. I thought of all of the people (not just moms) from this cruise yesterday - fond memories of spending a Mother's day with all of you, 5 years ago.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #1202
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

impromptu visit up to Maryland this weekend....found out Saturday night that Dad is flying to my sister's & arriving Saturday morning, for 2 weeks. I'm not able to go up next weekend (training w/ Destinations to Explore), so only option is this weekend. Flying up too damn early on Saturday (flight leaves at 7am) and back into MCO at 830pm. Fast weekend, but it'll be good to see Dad.

I was hoping that someone might come down to see me this weekend, since his final test is tomorrow, but since we had no plans, Dad trumped him.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #1203
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Went to the Dr. today... have to go and do some PT for my ankle and knee that I hurt last Oct. in the fall I had. My knee has been going out on me from time to time when I go to climb the stairs.

After that I went over to the observation lot at the Albany airport.. I like to watch the planes land and take off... & of course I that I will be on one of them soon...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #1204
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

What did I miss--Michelle--where are you flying? To see the new baby ?

Now we are on a two year plan.

We are packing "clutter" and the condo does not look like our home any more. We have a storage unit nearby and when we are staged the realtors will begin showing it. We hope to invest in retirement property in central Florida and would LOVE to be in Celebration.

When we sell this we will rent an apt for our last two Indianapolis years.

Hoping everyone had a good day with or remembering our Special Mom's.

{{ HUG }}

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #1205
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Not going anywhere yet... I just love to go watch the planes land and take off... and as you might remember... Albany has a little parking lot at the end of one of the runways for an observation spot... usually it's where everyone waits who is picking someone up, but often you see people bring their kids to watch the planes. I was down the road at the Drs today for a check up and headed over to "dream" of flying again soon maybe...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

As far as going to see the new baby....

Change in plans..........................

THEY ARE MOVING BACK TO TEXAS NEXT MONTH

They really need to stop all this popping news to us on mothers day!!! (we found out they were having the baby last mothers day!!!)

So... they will move next month - still looking for jobs... the one Mark had lined up fell through, but they will be fine... they will be staying with my sister for a few months until they get settled. She has a huge house so it will be fine....

Brian has said that THEY can move out... but he's keeping the baby!!! (needs to spoil her silly!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #1206
Tink rules

This is a pic of the lot by the end of the runway... planes zip in all the time and even the other NYNG are there so you see some of the military planes too..

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #1207
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

I love watching planes too

Dreams are good things!

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #1208
Tink rules

Ohhh and Deb... Claire sent flowers and a balloon and chocolates...

Old 05-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #1209
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ohhh no... she carries grudges for years... she didn't really talk to her sisters in law until Mark invited them to the wedding...

Deb... take our advice.. we were soooo exhausted after they packed us to move... that we took a hotel room nearby to stay the night and then left for upstate.. you will be wiped out by then so plan and take care of yourselves!
Hopefully Claire will let go of this fight. Life is just too short. She should forgive and forget, not hold a grudge.

That's a good point Michelle. I didn't think of it. We'll see how John feels and we can take a room close by or else go until John feels like stopping. It's all up to him. I can sleep in the car while John listens to his audio books. So we'll see what we'll do, but thanks for the heads up. I'll talk to John about it.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1210
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
impromptu visit up to Maryland this weekend....found out Saturday night that Dad is flying to my sister's & arriving Saturday morning, for 2 weeks. I'm not able to go up next weekend (training w/ Destinations to Explore), so only option is this weekend. Flying up too damn early on Saturday (flight leaves at 7am) and back into MCO at 830pm. Fast weekend, but it'll be good to see Dad.

I was hoping that someone might come down to see me this weekend, since his final test is tomorrow, but since we had no plans, Dad trumped him.
Well today is the day for the second test. I hope he passes. Will keep the pixie dust coming your way.

Sorry you're not seeing him this weekend, but Dad is a good choice instead. Have a great time with the family.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #1211
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Went to the Dr. today... have to go and do some PT for my ankle and knee that I hurt last Oct. in the fall I had. My knee has been going out on me from time to time when I go to climb the stairs.

After that I went over to the observation lot at the Albany airport.. I like to watch the planes land and take off... & of course I that I will be on one of them soon...
Sorry to hear about the ankle and knee giving you trouble Michelle. I hope PT helps. I can't believe that it happened last October. It feels like it was just yesterday. Time sure flew by.

How very cool to go and watch the planes taking off and landing. I'm sure you will be on one soon.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #1212
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
What did I miss--Michelle--where are you flying? To see the new baby ?

Now we are on a two year plan.

We are packing "clutter" and the condo does not look like our home any more. We have a storage unit nearby and when we are staged the realtors will begin showing it. We hope to invest in retirement property in central Florida and would LOVE to be in Celebration.

When we sell this we will rent an apt for our last two Indianapolis years.

Hoping everyone had a good day with or remembering our Special Mom's.

{{ HUG }}

Jan
Good for you Jan. I'm so happy to hear that you're now on a two year plan and will be our neighbor too. Celebration is a beautiful spot in the world. Keep positive and find the right real estate agent and it will happen. It's a really exciting time in our lives. It will be for you and Tom too.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #1213
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Not going anywhere yet... I just love to go watch the planes land and take off... and as you might remember... Albany has a little parking lot at the end of one of the runways for an observation spot... usually it's where everyone waits who is picking someone up, but often you see people bring their kids to watch the planes. I was down the road at the Drs today for a check up and headed over to "dream" of flying again soon maybe...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

As far as going to see the new baby....

Change in plans..........................

THEY ARE MOVING BACK TO TEXAS NEXT MONTH

They really need to stop all this popping news to us on mothers day!!! (we found out they were having the baby last mothers day!!!)

So... they will move next month - still looking for jobs... the one Mark had lined up fell through, but they will be fine... they will be staying with my sister for a few months until they get settled. She has a huge house so it will be fine....

Brian has said that THEY can move out... but he's keeping the baby!!! (needs to spoil her silly!)
That's great news! Sorry that the job fell through, but Mark will find another one and if they're staying with Claire then they don't have to worry about anything. Hopefully this move will make it easier for you and the QM to go and visit them and hold the baby.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1214
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Ohhh and Deb... Claire sent flowers and a balloon and chocolates...
I'm glad she did the right thing. Hopefully she will get over her grudge sooner rather than later.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #1215
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

It's early morning and quiet here now. John is still sleeping. He sets his alarm for 9am. So I have a little time before the work gets started up again.

I finished calling all the utilities and cell phone and bank. We were able to keep our same cell phone numbers, but we have a new house phone number. We got DirecTV again and we got Verizon FIOS for internet and land line. Next we have to install a handrail for the pool. We'll schedule that after we arrive in Florida while we're waiting for our furniture. We're making progress.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: