Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1171
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
too bad no cruises/trips booked for this year. I have a weekend in Michigan planned for the beginning of August, but it's a family reunion, so not exactly tropical & relaxing.

Since he passed his Series 7 I think Merrill Lynch will still keep him. The Series 63 is hard too. Hopefully after passing the last one, he will know better what to study for this time. Although it's very different material. I believe it has more to do with bonds. But everything pertains to trading. That's a great business to be in. I always worked in the brokerage industry in NYC. They paid bonuses. I like good bonuses. They had good salaries too. I didn't do any trading. It sounds like he will be because he had to take the tests.

Soul Sister is playing as I'm typing.....thinking of you and Jackie!!!

Glad you're leaving the ball in his court to make the next move to see you. That's a good idea. Let's hope he wants to celebrate good news with you!!!

No cruises for me this year either. Moving is expensive. Maybe we'll do one later in the year with a Florida resident discount. We'll see.

In the meantime for you.....lots of beach days, it's a mini vacation.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #1172
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Be our Guest - new restaurant in MK (Fantasyland). Been there for lunch, but not dinner. Lunch is walk in, dinner needs reservations.
Ahhhh yes Be Our Guest in Fantasyland. I did hear about that. I'm sorry you couldn't get a ressie. You will have to just do something else fabulous for your birthday.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #1173
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
me - i'm here. Still constantly having headaches, but they're part of life. Hoping that I'll be getting to see someone this month, but not holding my breath. It's been 6 months since we've seen each other, so it'll sort of be like we're back to square 2 in our dating story. We'll have to wait & see how things go.
Best to take care of yourself!!! The rest of the world will come along...

Quote:
good job with the gym - my hat goes off to you, esp since I can't get myself motivated at all.

Love the pears from Harry & David's - so fresh & delicious!
Thanks... a bit of a stall this week... but I'm still eating better. I've set a goal of 3 times at the gym this week... I'm only up to 12 minutes on the treadmill but I'm under orders not to do more (Maysie said) until another week or two when I can increase it if I'm feeling comfy... (this coming from a girl who runs marathons almost daily!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #1174
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Uncle Baker just called with our official moving date. We're out of here on Friday 5/17. After the movers pack us up, we'll start heading south. We don't know yet when they will arrive in Florida at our house. They have one more load on Monday the 20th and they should be leaving here and heading south on Tuesday 21st. It will take a while for them to get to us. Good thing we got the hotel for the week.

Mon, $79/night for a two room suite vs. $140/night for a two room suite makes a big difference when I have it booked for a week. So we'll just do more driving this trip. That's fine. I'll save over $400. I won't use that much extra in gas....so it's worth it. You'll have to come over and see our house after we get the keys. I'll take pics too and post them on FB.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 05-08-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #1175
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Uncle Baker just called with our official moving date. We're out of here on Friday 5/17. After the movers pack us up, we'll start heading south. We don't know yet when they will arrive in Florida at our house. They have one more load on Monday the 20th and they should be leaving here and heading south on Tuesday 21st. It will take a while for them to get to us. Good thing we got the hotel for the week.

Mon, $79/night for a two room suite vs. $140/night for a two room suite makes a big difference when I have it booked for a week. So we'll just do more driving this trip. That's fine. I'll save over $400. I won't use that much extra in gas....so it's worth it. You'll have to come over and see our house after we get the keys. I'll take pics too and post them on FB.

COMPLETELY understand staying out by the airport instead of in LBV for the savings! I would do the same

Glad the day is set!
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #1176
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Good to hear!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #1177
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Thanks Monica and Michelle. I'm really excited now because we have a date for the movers. Our stuff will be out of PA and on it's way down to FL. YAY!

That gives us eight more days to get ready. I hope we make it. We're still doing the boxes from the storage shed. EEK!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #1178
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I can handle TS much better than Barbie...

Cause my parents are Barbie and Ken and I keep thinking I'm related to a couple of blondes who can't hold down jobs!!!

So what date is your cruise?
Hi Michelle. Our cruise is jan 18th,2014

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #1179
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Deb- hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your last weekend in your house

Monica - hope you have sun and smiles all weekend

Michelle - you are so patient with your mom. You are awesome!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1180
Tink rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Hi Michelle. Our cruise is jan 18th,2014
That sounds good... just in time to get out of the snow!

Quote:

I'm trying.... now if I can just get my siblings to go along...

Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #1181
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Oh very exciting ....about move to FL.

And I am sad that we are selling our timeshares of Westgate Resort as we realised it is not Worthing for us and it is better off with USA people...

English company put our timeshare on the market now....

Hopeful we will be back in FL in one day and visit you both too.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #1182
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Hi Michelle

Where are you going on the cruise?

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #1183
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Oh very exciting ....about move to FL.

And I am sad that we are selling our timeshares of Westgate Resort as we realised it is not Worthing for us and it is better off with USA people...

English company put our timeshare on the market now....

Hopeful we will be back in FL in one day and visit you both too.

Scottishwee35
Thanks Deborah. Sorry about your timeshare. But if you don't use it enough, then you might as well sell it.

We will definitely have a nice visit when you're back in FL again.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #1184
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

Thanks Shannon. I'm not feeling so good today. I'll take it slow and rest when I can. We're busy packing, packing, packing....all the boxes from out of the storage shed that are from my mom's house. We have to sort through them and then repack what we're taking.

Hope you have a great weekend with the family Shannon.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #1185
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Good Afternoon and happy weekend to all. It's a special one because it's Mother's Day. Even though I won't be spending my day out to dinner with my mom, I'm keeping her memory strong and remembering all the Mother's Days that I did spend with her. Lots of great memories!

I hope everyone has a very happy Mother's Day and enjoys spending time with their moms and kids and families.

For the QM, I hope she has a happy Mother's Day and a happy Birthday and spends time with her kids and grands.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: