Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #1156
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Well... I'm off soon to go to the gym...

have to get out of the house...

mom's latest is to yell at me for really no reason. Today it was over salad mixes... the other day it was over calling the roofers to come and clean up the rest of the debris.

I know it's about her getting older... I'm just getting tired of being yelled at.

I went up to Lake George yesterday to hit the outlets. They have a Harry & David store up there and I got her her pears. It's her birthday this week along with mothers day. They were on sale and I had a coupon... so I got them for like 1/2 price.

I also got her some scones mix and some marmalade... she likes things like that.

& last week she picked out a nightgown at Walmart she likes... the summer kind... I won't let her have it until her bday...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #1157
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

mom's latest is to yell at me for really no reason. Today it was over salad mixes... the other day it was over calling the roofers to come and clean up the rest of the debris.

I know it's about her getting older... I'm just getting tired of being yelled at.

I went up to Lake George yesterday to hit the outlets. They have a Harry & David store up there and I got her her pears. It's her birthday this week along with mothers day. They were on sale and I had a coupon... so I got them for like 1/2 price.

I also got her some scones mix and some marmalade... she likes things like that.

& last week she picked out a nightgown at Walmart she likes... the summer kind... I won't let her have it until her bday...
Very nice birthday gifts for Mom and for mother's day. I hope she doesn't yell when you're celebrating both with her. I hope it's enjoyable times for you both together.

Good for you going to the gym!!! You're doing a great job in keeping it up....even if it is just to get out of the line of fire. haha.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #1158
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Pretty close to what he already quoted us from the list. He said it would go down when he did the walk through, but then I reminded him about mom's things that we have in the storage shed. Then he said that it will probably stay the same. He said he will call me with an exact number and date. Right now we're scheduled for the 16-18 still for pick up.

We will leave right after they finish packing us out. We'll take a hotel room down in Florida and wait for them to arrive. I can't stay in the house and sleep on the floor like I used to when I was younger. So I booked us in Staybridge Suites over by the Airport. It's a two room suite for $79 a night. I took it for a week. They said depending on how many stops they had it could take that long. But at least we'll be down there and we can go shopping for things we need and put them in the house. We can do a walk thru and take pictures. We can get our keys!!!! YAY!!!!!

Is the Staybridge out in LBV available? That would be more convenient for you (time wise), plus you'd have the benefit of being near Disney. Of course, chances are it's sold out or you'd already have yourself there (you're a smart cookie!).
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1159
mishoe01

Quote:
I'm sick today.....again. Tummy, head, chills... I have been getting sick a lot lately. It's just too much work for way too long for me to handle and stay healthy....even though I have been working every other day to pace myself. It still caught up with me.

We finished packing out all the rooms. YAY!!! Now we're working on the storage shed. I thought for some stupid reason that the only thing in there was some of my mom's furniture. NOPE!!! There's about 30 more boxes to go through! UGH. So John and the kid have been bringing them home and we need to go through them and repack what we want to bring with us and get rid of the rest.

I have no clue what's in the boxes. I know that it's things from my mother's house that my brother thought I would want. He saved them for me when he packed out mom's house because I just couldn't do it. So it will be like Christmas again when I go through them.
sorry you're not feeling 100% but at least you're for the most part done. Keep taking breaks/rest when you can.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #1160
mishoe01

Quote:
Monica.....any news from him? When does he take his next test?

barely a word, but not all that surprising (disappointing but understandable). His test is a week from tomorrow (the 14th). He only has 1 shot at passing this one.

How is Dad? Did they make any progress with further testing? What about Mom? Is she feeling better now?

Still no clue what is wrong with Dad. Mom has appointment w/ Dr w/in insurance on either the 13th or 15th, so find out when surgery could be done (for those I haven't told, she'll be having back surgery). They really like the last dr, but he's not covered by their insurance. She's super anxious/nervous

How is Monica? I know you had a nice weekend. Are you feeling better?

Inquiring minds want to know.

me - i'm here. Still constantly having headaches, but they're part of life. Hoping that I'll be getting to see someone this month, but not holding my breath. It's been 6 months since we've seen each other, so it'll sort of be like we're back to square 2 in our dating story. We'll have to wait & see how things go.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #1161
mishoe01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

good job with the gym - my hat goes off to you, esp since I can't get myself motivated at all.

Love the pears from Harry & David's - so fresh & delicious!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #1162
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Is the Staybridge out in LBV available? That would be more convenient for you (time wise), plus you'd have the benefit of being near Disney. Of course, chances are it's sold out or you'd already have yourself there (you're a smart cookie!).
It's $140/night and I need a week. John doesn't mind the travel distance. I know we'll use more gas, but it's not like we'll be going to the house everyday. We have no passes left for Disney right now. After we move, we'll buy APs.....at least before Holly gets down there in June!

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #1163
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
sorry you're not feeling 100% but at least you're for the most part done. Keep taking breaks/rest when you can.
Thanks. That's what I'm doing. We haven't done anything yet today. John is making broccoli, cheese and ham quiche and I'm just chilling online. Tomorrow we will hit it hard.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #1164
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

barely a word, but not all that surprising (disappointing but understandable). His test is a week from tomorrow (the 14th). He only has 1 shot at passing this one.

Still no clue what is wrong with Dad. Mom has appointment w/ Dr w/in insurance on either the 13th or 15th, so find out when surgery could be done (for those I haven't told, she'll be having back surgery). They really like the last dr, but he's not covered by their insurance. She's super anxious/nervous

Quote:
me - i'm here. Still constantly having headaches, but they're part of life. Hoping that I'll be getting to see someone this month, but not holding my breath. It's been 6 months since we've seen each other, so it'll sort of be like we're back to square 2 in our dating story. We'll have to wait & see how things go.

The 14th is only seven more days. I wish him lots of luck in passing it and then I hope he does the right thing and plans a visit with you soon.

I hope Dad is not in any pain. I understand Mom feeling anxious and nervous. Tell her to ask her doctor for an antianxiety pill to take so her blood pressure doesn't go sky high. That's what I had to do to get me into surgery for my legs. I'll be keeping both of them in my thoughts and prayers.

OH those headaches are the worst! So sorry you're having them so much again.

I can't believe it's been six months since you last saw him. That's a long, long time. Let's hope he calls to see you soon.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #1165
mishoe01

Quote:

The 14th is only seven more days. I wish him lots of luck in passing it and then I hope he does the right thing and plans a visit with you soon.

I hope Dad is not in any pain. I understand Mom feeling anxious and nervous. Tell her to ask her doctor for an antianxiety pill to take so her blood pressure doesn't go sky high. That's what I had to do to get me into surgery for my legs. I'll be keeping both of them in my thoughts and prayers.

OH those headaches are the worst! So sorry you're having them so much again.

I can't believe it's been six months since you last saw him. That's a long, long time. Let's hope he calls to see you soon.

I got a "thinking of you card" & will send it to him on Friday. That way he should get it Monday. Hopefully he passes the test, cuz I don't know what will happen if he doesn't. Not sure if he'll be out of a job then, or not. It's been tough on him & I know he's worried. You know I'll let you know if any visits end up being planned

Dad's in pain, but not constant pain (thankfully). I think he's put himself on the back burner to focus on Mom. I spoke with Angie & Dennis about him this past weekend, so there's something I need to have him check out (b12 deficiency).

Mom faced back surgery in 2003/4, but she opted not to get it then. So much fear involved. 1 little slip & you're life can be changed forever. I know she's in a hell-of-a lot of pain, as she wouldn't be considering it now if she wasn't.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #1166
mishoe01

Tried to get BOG for dinner on my bday (11/3 - today was the 180 day). No luck. True, I didn't try at 8am - it wasn't that important!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #1167
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I got a "thinking of you card" & will send it to him on Friday. That way he should get it Monday. Hopefully he passes the test, cuz I don't know what will happen if he doesn't. Not sure if he'll be out of a job then, or not. It's been tough on him & I know he's worried. You know I'll let you know if any visits end up being planned

Dad's in pain, but not constant pain (thankfully). I think he's put himself on the back burner to focus on Mom. I spoke with Angie & Dennis about him this past weekend, so there's something I need to have him check out (b12 deficiency).

Mom faced back surgery in 2003/4, but she opted not to get it then. So much fear involved. 1 little slip & you're life can be changed forever. I know she's in a hell-of-a lot of pain, as she wouldn't be considering it now if she wasn't.

If he doesn't pass, he may not be able to keep the current position, but they may be able to move him into another position because he passed the series 7. Then he may be able to retake the test again at a later date. Not sure, just speculating. I'm sure he will love receiving the card. That's nice. Got everything crossed that he passes this next test and then runs to your house to be with you to celebrate!!!

Dad is amazing, putting himself on the back burner to focus on Mom. That's so noble of him. But he should not ignore his condition completely. Take care of Mom first, then take care of Dad. I hope he does so.

Poor Mom, back surgery has to be the worst. Yes it's risky, but having pain in your support system to hold up your body is the worst possible place to have pain, I think. I can imagine how worried your Mom is about having the surgery. But the pain must be intolerable. I will keep positive thoughts for her that it all works out well.

Big hugs to you Monica. You have a lot going on right now. You need a cruise!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #1168
mishoe01

Quote:
If he doesn't pass, he may not be able to keep the current position, but they may be able to move him into another position because he passed the series 7. Then he may be able to retake the test again at a later date. Not sure, just speculating. I'm sure he will love receiving the card. That's nice. Got everything crossed that he passes this next test and then runs to your house to be with you to celebrate!!!

I'm hoping that he at least can stay w/ Merrill Lynch.....as long as he has a job. Better than no job. It would be great if he were to want to see me asap, but leaving that all in his court. If it were up to me, I'd have him be down here on the 18th lol!. He won't get pressure from me.

Dad is amazing, putting himself on the back burner to focus on Mom. That's so noble of him. But he should not ignore his condition completely. Take care of Mom first, then take care of Dad. I hope he does so.

Poor Mom, back surgery has to be the worst. Yes it's risky, but having pain in your support system to hold up your body is the worst possible place to have pain, I think. I can imagine how worried your Mom is about having the surgery. But the pain must be intolerable. I will keep positive thoughts for her that it all works out well.

as always - Thanks Deb

Big hugs to you Monica. You have a lot going on right now. You need a cruise!!!
too bad no cruises/trips booked for this year. I have a weekend in Michigan planned for the beginning of August, but it's a family reunion, so not exactly tropical & relaxing.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #1169
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Tried to get BOG for dinner on my bday (11/3 - today was the 180 day). No luck. True, I didn't try at 8am - it wasn't that important!
What's BOG. I'm not as familiar with all the restaurants in all the parks. Not yet anyway.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #1170
mishoe01

Quote:
What's BOG. I'm not as familiar with all the restaurants in all the parks. Not yet anyway.

Be our Guest - new restaurant in MK (Fantasyland). Been there for lunch, but not dinner. Lunch is walk in, dinner needs reservations.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: