Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #1111
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
It might be a good idea to do the meetings. That will keep you on the program. Also with the better weather and the pool.. you'll be able to get more movement in.
Sounds like a good plan. It won't hurt to walk while I'm in the water plus I'll have resistance. That's good.

I have to put in a handrail first or I won't be able to get out of the pool. We just put in our request and they let us know. I'm sure they will let us do it. It's for safety reasons.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #1112
HollyTyler
I know, I'm stuck on that Mickey crystal ball

Quote:
Hey Holly....

I made it to the gym yesterday!!!!!

Took me almost 2 weeks after joining of crazy anxiety... but I made it yesterday... not as bad as I thought. I took Maysie's advice and brought my headphones and hooked into the TV sets and watched the Ellen show. I did a total of 26 minutes on 2 machines including cool downs. Not bad for the first time out.

So far I'm down 8 1/2 lbs. I have to go look for a new pair of white shorts. I have all the other colors as the QM says "go shop in your closet..."...

Of course last night I was in incredible pain... My body isn't used to working like this... I imagine it will get better...
Wow Michelle! You are doing fantastic! So proud of you! WAY TO GO!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
HollyTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #1113
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

see... didn't I tell you it would be worth hauling your butt back over here???

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #1114
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Spring is arriving. All the snow is melted and I have go get the spring raking done this weekend.

Michelle- sounds like you have a fantastic plan in place to get healthier

Deb - your move is coming soon. Next winter is going to be so nice for you

Shaelyn and I enjoyed mother daughter weekend and are planning to go again next year. But next year well take my mom and Kaleigh too. Going to talk my sister and niece into coming as well.

Went to physio for second time this week. Been having problems with me knee since I twisted it on ice in January, and then strained my Achilles heel on same leg last month so decided to try physio. Was stupid this time though - when she had thd heat on my knee and the current running through it felt too warm. Instead is complaining I decided I was being silly and to just tough it out. Ended up with a burn that blistered. So I've learned that if I think something is too hot, don't tough it out.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #1115
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Thanks Shannon... coming along...

lost most of today to a migraine I didn't realize I had. I get the silent kind - mistook it for a sugar drop and didn't realize it was bad until I went to bed. sooo 3 vicodin later... The QM is not happy... but she doesn't get these types of headaches and she doesn't think they are as bad as they are... she just thinks I'm being lazy...

I've decided for the time being to go to the gym 2 times a week and then do small simple walks here in the neighborhood. I think that will help for now. I did too much the first day out.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #1116
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Migraines aren't understandable. You definitely aren't being lazy.

Walking is great. Slow and steady is much better than overdoing it. Cheering for you!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1117
Tink rules

Yeah.. i know... it's just that as she gets older... she's less patient with some things...

Old 04-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #1118
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Spring is arriving. All the snow is melted and I have go get the spring raking done this weekend.

Michelle- sounds like you have a fantastic plan in place to get healthier

Deb - your move is coming soon. Next winter is going to be so nice for you

Shaelyn and I enjoyed mother daughter weekend and are planning to go again next year. But next year well take my mom and Kaleigh too. Going to talk my sister and niece into coming as well.

Went to physio for second time this week. Been having problems with me knee since I twisted it on ice in January, and then strained my Achilles heel on same leg last month so decided to try physio. Was stupid this time though - when she had thd heat on my knee and the current running through it felt too warm. Instead is complaining I decided I was being silly and to just tough it out. Ended up with a burn that blistered. So I've learned that if I think something is too hot, don't tough it out.
Thanks Shannon. Our big move is in 2 more weeks. We have half of a room left to pack. The day is getting closer and we will be ready when it gets here. We just signed our lease today. I will overnight it back to them on Monday. Then all we have left to do is get the keys when we get into town.

Glad mother daughter weekend turned out so well. It sounds like it will be even more fun next year.

Don't let any medical professional tell you anything against what your body is telling you. They are just people. But you know what your body is telling you and you have to listen to it. You will be right every time. What do they know about your specific body? Don't let them do it. Sorry you had to go thru that this time. Hopefully it will heal quickly and you'll feel better.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #1119
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Thanks Shannon... coming along...

lost most of today to a migraine I didn't realize I had. I get the silent kind - mistook it for a sugar drop and didn't realize it was bad until I went to bed. sooo 3 vicodin later... The QM is not happy... but she doesn't get these types of headaches and she doesn't think they are as bad as they are... she just thinks I'm being lazy...

I've decided for the time being to go to the gym 2 times a week and then do small simple walks here in the neighborhood. I think that will help for now. I did too much the first day out.

YUP, you have to learn to pace yourself for what you alone can handle. You will find the right balance and then stick to it. No matter what I am doing, I have to take off every other day. I can't do two days in a row. I suffer too much if I try to do that. Everything in moderation.

Hope you're feeling better today.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #1120
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Yeah.. i know... it's just that as she gets older... she's less patient with some things...
AND you will be her age one day and you will do the same thing. I had it with my mom as she aged. I can see myself when I do things now that are the same as my mom did growing older. It happens.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #1121
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Look at my signature.....the last line under upcoming cruises.....it says 2 weeks until moving near the mouse. YAY!

I can't believe it's this close already.

We have been planning this for over one year. Now we're in the home stretch. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well with the move.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #1122
Tink rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

YUP, you have to learn to pace yourself for what you alone can handle. You will find the right balance and then stick to it. No matter what I am doing, I have to take off every other day. I can't do two days in a row. I suffer too much if I try to do that. Everything in moderation.

Hope you're feeling better today.

Thanks Deb... feeling a little better... just going to do a walk in the neighborhood today and try the gym again tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
AND you will be her age one day and you will do the same thing. I had it with my mom as she aged. I can see myself when I do things now that are the same as my mom did growing older. It happens.

Yeah... and that's around the time Emma has promised to push me off a cliff... (that is after she's rich and famous and I'm living in her pool house...)

Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #1123
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I hope you had a nice walk tonight Shell. I hope you feel good tomorrow.

At least you have Emma. haha.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #1124
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I took my list of items to be moved and tried placing the furniture in each room. On the right side of the house we have a Master BR in the front and a Master BR in the rear.....going out to the pool. Each Master BR has it's own bathroom and walk in closet. On the left side of the house is the garage, a guest bedroom, bath, and another guest bedroom. The kitchen and great room are in the middle. There is another door to the pool from the great room. It's a very simple floor plan.

I think I'll make the front master BR the adult guest bedroom. I have my mother's bedroom set to use in there. John and I will take the rear master BR and use the furniture we have now. The two guest BRs will be used for the kids when we have company and also one office for me and one for John.

I think I want to put a couch and chairs outside instead of a table and chairs.

We need lots of new furniture. John said he will make furniture for us. I'm so glad he's talented.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #1125
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

We're trying to come up with a name for the Southern Caribbean cruise in Oct 2014. How do you like, "Mickey's Mates Going South With The Mouse"....not bad huh. We're doing a poll and I hope this one wins. John and MJ (honorary thief) came up with it.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: