Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #1051
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Hello

Olivia had her braces removed last Friday, what a different from last time, it was so amazing...

I had my cracking/chip tooth fixed it last Tuesday at Dentist, I was so nervous but it look beautiful that I expected it... but it cost me fortune for one tooth. But should had it done before. I keep put it off *** too scarey...

Keith went to dentist today for his frost bite teeth and he had clipped braces but think will get full braces within 2 months... Don't think he is happy with it. But he see Olivia's teeth what a different..

3 months to go for our holiday to Italy Venice

I told my brother about Oases of the Seas will be in England next year but the price show online OUCH it is very expensive... Price seem double price than we booked WBTA!! I told my sister in law today that it is not good news for them as they are very keen about it as they went two years ago and they loved it. I want see it but the price was too dear for us...

We stay with DCL next year

I had meeting with my work over new rules for holiday, absent, and payroll will be on line start by this June. I told my work about next year and I had to write a letter to line manager so I hand it today.. Everything change now.

I hope my line manager approved the holiday for next year...

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1052
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Since John retired, we no longer have our great healthcare with the University.....it would have cost us $2k a month to maintain. So he went to the VA because he can. I'm not eligible for the VA since he was not married to me when he served. So I'm on Medicare and I had to get a supplemental insurance thru AARP and a perscription drug program thru AARP. It costs me $265 for all of them, plus copays for the drugs. But they have my meds tiered to determine the copay. Three of them I can't afford anymore so I'll stop taking them and ask my doctor if he can prescribe something else. One of them they won't cover at all, so that one is out too. Basically, I have four medications that I won't be taking anymore and it scares me. I know how bad I felt and how sick I was before I started finding the right doctors and getting the right diagnoses and perscriptions. I'm going to miss having great healthcare coverage for no expense to me except for low copays for doctors and drugs.
Ask the Dr. if there are other meds or even new generics - after a while the named brands have to go generic... good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hello

Olivia had her braces removed last Friday, what a different from last time, it was so amazing...

I had my cracking/chip tooth fixed it last Tuesday at Dentist, I was so nervous but it look beautiful that I expected it... but it cost me fortune for one tooth. But should had it done before. I keep put it off *** too scarey...

Keith went to dentist today for his frost bite teeth and he had clipped braces but think will get full braces within 2 months... Don't think he is happy with it. But he see Olivia's teeth what a different..

I told my brother about Oases of the Seas will be in England next year but the price show online OUCH it is very expensive... Price seem double price than we booked WBTA!! I told my sister in law today that it is not good news for them as they are very keen about it as they went two years ago and they loved it. I want see it but the price was too dear for us...

I had meeting with my work over new rules for holiday, absent, and payroll will be on line start by this June. I told my work about next year and I had to write a letter to line manager so I hand it today.. Everything change now.

Scottishwee35
Ohhh lots of pretty smiles and a DCL vacation!!!

I'm jealous for Venice... I hear it's beautiful!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #1053
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
oh dear as I feel that it was unfair after you had all that years with med and now it charge u more...
We were covered under John's job Deb. But now that John has retired, we no longer have that coverage. Sad.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #1054
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Deb & John, it sound fab...
Thanks Deborah, wish us luck on finding something good.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #1055
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Hello

Scottishwee35

I'm glad everyone's teeth are fixed....except for Keith still.

Enjoy Venice! Take pictures and post them on FB so we can all see.

What DCL cruise are you taking next year? We're doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

I hope your new rules at work still let you go on your cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #1056
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ask the Dr. if there are other meds or even new generics - after a while the named brands have to go generic... good luck!

I know that I have to let my doctors know. I'm just not scheduled to go see any of them now. I would have to make appointments and see them to explain and ask for alternatives. I can't take the time to do all that right now. We're still packing out the house, almost done, but not finished yet. Then we're doing a trip down and back in two days.

I still have pills left over that I'm taking now. When they run out is when it will be an issue and we may be in Florida by then. I'll have to find all new doctors anyway.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #1057
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
I'm glad everyone's teeth are fixed....except for Keith still.

Enjoy Venice! Take pictures and post them on FB so we can all see.

What DCL cruise are you taking next year? We're doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

I hope your new rules at work still let you go on your cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Well first of all, I was asking to hold for Southern Caribbean for 11 October 2014 but turn out Ian booked WBTA 2014 Barcelona to San Juan so I drop SC and I am very happy because Ian said no more cruise or holiday because kids grown up. He saw the prices for WBTA and he booked two rooms....
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #1058
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody!

Deborah - Olivia must be excited to have her braces off. Your vacation sounds wonderful!

Michelle - sad to see you aren't too active right now

Deb - the medications are tough to deal with. I'm sure you'll end up with a great doctor in Florida and the sunshine will help. Looking forward to hearing that you find a house.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #1059
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Hi Shannon!

Hangin in there... waiting for spring... I think that we may get it before you... (according to Ken's reports...)

How are the girls doing?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #1060
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

My rental agent just emailed me. Two of the three houses we were going to look at have been leased. So there is only one left that we really wanted to see. OH well! Hopefully that one will work out for us and it really doesn't matter. We'll see it on Tuesday. Wish us luck that it's THE one!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #1061
Tink rules

Good luck!

Maybe something will open up in the meantime...

Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #1062
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Well first of all, I was asking to hold for Southern Caribbean for 11 October 2014 but turn out Ian booked WBTA 2014 Barcelona to San Juan so I drop SC and I am very happy because Ian said no more cruise or holiday because kids grown up. He saw the prices for WBTA and he booked two rooms....
We're doing the SC but we're doing the 10/4/14. I'm so glad you're getting to go on one of the thieves reunion cruises. You and Ian and the kids will have a great time.....lots of sea days. YAY!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #1063
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Hi everybody!

Deborah - Olivia must be excited to have her braces off. Your vacation sounds wonderful!

Michelle - sad to see you aren't too active right now

Deb - the medications are tough to deal with. I'm sure you'll end up with a great doctor in Florida and the sunshine will help. Looking forward to hearing that you find a house.
Hi Shannon. We love to see you over here. How are things in your world? How are the girls?

I'm not happy about the medical coverage and the perscriptions now, but that's the way it is when you retire and lose those benefits. The sunshine in Florida will definitely help and exercising in the pool everyday. Fingers crossed that the right house works for us and that we get an address this time.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #1064
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Good luck!

Maybe something will open up in the meantime...
Thanks Shell. I would like to see more than just one. Here's the link to the one that's still available that we like:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/...81&s=MFR&t=MFR

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #1065
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Well it's almost 9:00am and John just left with the kid to go pick up a van. Then we're loading it with boxes that we want to take....things that we would be devistated if they were lost or broken. We'll put them in a storage unit when we get down there. We leave as soon as the boxes are loaded. YAY!!!! We should get into town tomorrow sometime.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: