Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #1036
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Well.. now you know my brother's famous!!!

He does white collar crime/extortion with the white plains office of the FBI...

Now that he has made the NY times, the NY post and the Times Union... there will be NO living with him...

he won't have to worry about the being undercover bit... by law he has to retire at 57... he'll go into a cushy job doing security for some company. he's always wanted to work for one of the sports teams... but I imagine they will stay close to jersey.. his wife is FBI support and won't retire for a while yet.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008

Last edited by Tink rules; 04-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #1037
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi all....today is a day off. No packing. Good thing too because I'm not feeling well. This always happens when I push myself, I get sick. That's why we have been doing every other day for the packing. Somehow it still got me. I've been drinking tea with honey and it's helping some with the throad and the cough. I still have the tummy bug going on. I took some meds for that. Hopefully I'll feel better soon.

We leave next weekend for Florida. My agent is telling me that there is nothing available in Haines City or Davenport. She has me seeing places in South Clermont. So we will see what she has to show us. But I have been looking on craigslist in Haines City and Davenport and there's lots of places that are single story and unfurnished with a pool. Many of the homes that the agent has available and even on craigslist, are furnished. I would have to store all their furniture and put in mine. I don't want to use someone else's furniure....especially someone else's beds.

I will see what Sharon, our agent, shows us and if we don't like the homes or the area, then we will do it ourselves using craigslist. That's what we did when we looked in December and that's how we found Sharon. We liked her and the homes that she showed us. She told us that she switched brokerages, but I'm wondering if they cover a different territory now. I thought that everybody worked off of the same listings.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1038
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm going back to bed....

The dreaded stones ala kidney have returned...

I'd share it on FB... but right now my brother also has one and I don't want to take away all of the fun he's having... (ok... maybe not...)

Hold down the fort while I'm gone....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #1039
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

One more week and we go back down to Florida. I'm getting anxious to get going and see what's available. John and I decided that we definitely want a 4 BR 3 BA. We need the extra bedrooms for all the guests we anticipate having. We will use the extra rooms as an office for me and an office for John when we don't have guests. We need the bathrooms for him and me and guests. Casey already said he's coming down in October to stay with us and we don't even have a place yet. haha.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #1040
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Karl, you should go to the SC thread and sign in on page one. You click on a link to the roll call and then they give you permission to get on the FB group for the SC. Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064161

NEVERMIND.....I just went over there to look at the roll call list and I saw you and Robin on there. All is well!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Last edited by EllaEnchanted; 04-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #1041
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Michelle, I hope you're feeling a little bit better today. I know those stones take a while to work themselves out of you. Hope it's quick and easy this time. Hugs.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #1042
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Ginamarie, I hope Olivia had a great birthday and enjoyed her party.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #1043
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

We're working on cleaning out my back bedroom....I call it my dressing room. I have my grandmother's furniture in there, including her vanity. Well John got to see first hand how many bags and shoes I really do have. He said, you really do have a lot of shoes. Most of them went to goodwill, but a lot still came with us. What can I say, I like shoes and bags and girly things.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #1044
Tink rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Karl, you should go to the SC thread and sign in on page one. You click on a link to the roll call and then they give you permission to get on the FB group for the SC. Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064161

NEVERMIND.....I just went over there to look at the roll call list and I saw you and Robin on there. All is well!!!

careful... he's sneaky that way...

Quote:
Michelle, I hope you're feeling a little bit better today. I know those stones take a while to work themselves out of you. Hope it's quick and easy this time. Hugs.

pretty much gone..just uncomfortable. at least I'm out of bed...

Quote:
Ginamarie, I hope Olivia had a great birthday and enjoyed her party.
was there cake? Planky LOVES cake...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #1045
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi Thieves.....well we're done with one of the back bedrooms...mine. I called it my dressing room. It had all my stuff in it. Now we just have John's back room, which I don't have to do. YAY! So other than assisting, I'm finished with all my things. Just have the last minute stuff to do. I'm so relieved. I think we'll sign a lease next week in Florida and get the house for May 1st. But we won't be able to move in until May 15th or so. We need to save up again for the money for the movers. It's an expensive endeavor. We're doing a little bit at a time as we can afford. I'm anxious and can't wait to get down there to see some houses. I'm hoping we get an address.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #1046
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

We leave in just two more days....on Sunday. We pick up a large passenger van and load it up with boxes of special things that we are taking down to Florida. Then we find a storage place down there to put everything in temporarily. We have two good places that we're looking at and then two places that Monica found us. So I'm hopeful that we will love one of them and it will all work out for us to finally get an address.

It's going to be a busy trip. We'll arrive on Monday, check into our hotel room and crash. Tuesday we'll look at the homes. Tuesday night is dinner with Monica. YAY! Wednesday we'll sign the papers. I like to sleep on it overnight. Thursday we'll see my cousin Doug in Bradenton. Friday we check out of the hotel and head home. I'm also trying to see Uncle Teddy in Daytona Beach, Sandi in Rockledge, my brother in Jacksonville, Lisa and Darrell in Jacksonville and Casey in Virginia. I don't think we're going to make it. We're not going to have enough time to see everyone. Our main concern is to come home with a new address.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #1047
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I just had to put the heat on this morning. It's cold and dark and wet here today.

John went to the VA this week. He's all signed in and he got his meds. He's been out of them for weeks and he was really having a hard time, especially while packing. They gave him some Nicoderm patches and told him to quit smoking. No kidding. He wants to, he's just not ready to do it yet. It takes a lot of concentration and it's a lot of work to fight it all day, every day for about a year. Then it gets easier. But you have to do the hard work first and there's just too much going on right now for him to focus on quitting. He'll do it when he's ready.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #1048
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Since John retired, we no longer have our great healthcare with the University.....it would have cost us $2k a month to maintain. So he went to the VA because he can. I'm not eligible for the VA since he was not married to me when he served. So I'm on Medicare and I had to get a supplemental insurance thru AARP and a perscription drug program thru AARP. It costs me $265 for all of them, plus copays for the drugs. But they have my meds tiered to determine the copay. Three of them I can't afford anymore so I'll stop taking them and ask my doctor if he can prescribe something else. One of them they won't cover at all, so that one is out too. Basically, I have four medications that I won't be taking anymore and it scares me. I know how bad I felt and how sick I was before I started finding the right doctors and getting the right diagnoses and perscriptions. I'm going to miss having great healthcare coverage for no expense to me except for low copays for doctors and drugs.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #1049
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since John retired, we no longer have our great healthcare with the University.....it would have cost us $2k a month to maintain. So he went to the VA because he can. I'm not eligible for the VA since he was not married to me when he served. So I'm on Medicare and I had to get a supplemental insurance thru AARP and a perscription drug program thru AARP. It costs me $265 for all of them, plus copays for the drugs. But they have my meds tiered to determine the copay. Three of them I can't afford anymore so I'll stop taking them and ask my doctor if he can prescribe something else. One of them they won't cover at all, so that one is out too. Basically, I have four medications that I won't be taking anymore and it scares me. I know how bad I felt and how sick I was before I started finding the right doctors and getting the right diagnoses and perscriptions. I'm going to miss having great healthcare coverage for no expense to me except for low copays for doctors and drugs.
oh dear as I feel that it was unfair after you had all that years with med and now it charge u more...
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #1050
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We leave in just two more days....on Sunday. We pick up a large passenger van and load it up with boxes of special things that we are taking down to Florida. Then we find a storage place down there to put everything in temporarily. We have two good places that we're looking at and then two places that Monica found us. So I'm hopeful that we will love one of them and it will all work out for us to finally get an address.

It's going to be a busy trip. We'll arrive on Monday, check into our hotel room and crash. Tuesday we'll look at the homes. Tuesday night is dinner with Monica. YAY! Wednesday we'll sign the papers. I like to sleep on it overnight. Thursday we'll see my cousin Doug in Bradenton. Friday we check out of the hotel and head home. I'm also trying to see Uncle Teddy in Daytona Beach, Sandi in Rockledge, my brother in Jacksonville, Lisa and Darrell in Jacksonville and Casey in Virginia. I don't think we're going to make it. We're not going to have enough time to see everyone. Our main concern is to come home with a new address.

Deb & John, it sound fab...
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: