Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #871
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Recovering well from surgery. They are letting me eat dinner, and I'm very excited since I haven't eaten since Sunday night!

Hopefully going home tomorrow since everything went so well

Thanks for checking in!!
Since you did not mention it, I hope that means you got off with no colostomy.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #872
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Recovering well from surgery. They are letting me eat dinner, and I'm very excited since I haven't eaten since Sunday night!

Great news x
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #873
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

No colostomy, nd they are sending me home around noon such a relief that this went so smoothly. I should be back on my feet in a few days.
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #874
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
No colostomy, nd they are sending me home around noon such a relief that this went so smoothly. I should be back on my feet in a few days.
Make sure you rest!!!!

Surgery is surgery... no rushing back to life sooo soon... tell the kids that...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #875
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

I'm soooooo happy for you Ginamarie. It couldn't have gone any better. Enjoy being at home in your own bed, eating your own food and no one waking you up all night long. The best part is that you'll have family all around to help you out with whatever you need. Just remember to get your rest. You need it to heal fully. Hugs!!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #876
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Today is an off day for us. We made a lot of progress yesterday. We're up to living room turtles.....every box.....box after box. John asked, are you really going to count all of these when we unpack them. YES!!! I want to know how many I have. hahaha.

After turtles I have Coke and Disney collectibles to pack....then the shelves in the living room will be done. I have one table to do after that and then I'm moving on to my office. That's going to take a long time to do as well. Lots more turtles. haha.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #877
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Now that it's March, we're scheduled to go back down to Florida at the end of this month to sign papers and put money down on a house. The problem is that the agent that we're working with tells me that there's only one place available in our chosen community and it's furnished. I could bring all my stuff down with me and put it into storage and live in the furnished place until an unfurnished place becomes available. But then I would have to move twice. But it would get me down there by April. It's such a dilemma. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping that another unfurnished place opens up soon so that I don't have to choose.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #878
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

I'm expecting John's corrected pension check to come in the mail today. Let's hope it gets here because it's a week late. We were supposed to have snow today, but it's not supposed to come until tonight now. Thank goodness. If the check came and we couldn't get to the bank because of the snow down the driveway, I would be very upset. If it doesn't come today, that's what we'll have to deal with tomorrow. It just better come today or I'll be talking to the supervisor of the supervisor that I've been talking to already.....going up the chain through the ranks until someone gets it right and fixes it. I need my money.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #879
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

My nephew Casey broke up with Brittany. But they have been seeing each other and talking. They will get back together again, I'm sure. They are young and Casey is dealing with "youth" issues. He doesn't have enough money, he's still upset about my friend Bryan, uncle Bryan to him, who died. He's upset about his good friend that died. Casey used to talk on the phone to my mother for hours and now he doesn't have her anymore. He's still upset that his mother won't forgive him for all the trouble that he caused her when he lived with her. He says that he's in a dark place and he needs some time alone to work it all out.

I called my brother and told him to call Casey and talk to him. I told him to send Casey some money too. I sent him some money today and I've been keeping in touch with him by texting. I know he will work it out or outgrow it, but I'm there for him to support him through this rough patch.

Out of the four boys growing up....Tristan, Casey, Tom and Kris......I only have Casey left in my life. I wrote off Tom and Kris and Tristan wrote me off. He still won't talk to me because his mother doesn't talk to me. So be it!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #880
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Uncle Teddy moved from Bradenton to Daytona Beach. He bought himself a two bedroom doublewide, so he owns it. He said he was lonely in Bradenton. Even though his son Doug lives in that town, he never saw him. My cousin Doug is busy with his own life and didn't spend a lot of time with his father. He's not a social person. He loves staying home.

So Uncle Teddy moved to Daytona. He already knows someone that lives two blocks away from him. He rides a motorcycle so there's a group that gets together to go riding that he will join. He will be able to meet more people and make friends in this area. He will be happier here. And since he bought his doublewide and paid in full, he only has maintenance fees for pay for each month so he saves lots of money. This move will be good for him.

I can't wait to get to Florida so that I can see his new home.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #881
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Tom and his girlfriend Tiffany left Pittsburgh and moved to Florida in the Rockledge area near Sandi and Kris. Kris lives with Sandi since Joe died.

John and I are going to be centrally located off of I-4. East off of I-4 is Sandi and Uncle Teddy. I won't be seeing Kris or Tom. West off of I-4 is my cousin Doug. We will be right in the middle of our family.

Then we'll be near our friends too....Monica, Heather, Lisa, Connie. I can't wait to get to Florida and have a social life. John and I are both very social people. In the Poconos we dont' have anyone anymore.....mom and Sandi are gone. So we will be happier living in the community that we picked in Florida, being centrally located to friends and family.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #882
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Tom and his girlfriend Tiffany left Pittsburgh and moved to Florida in the Rockledge area near Sandi and Kris. Kris lives with Sandi since Joe died.

John and I are going to be centrally located off of I-4. East off of I-4 is Sandi and Uncle Teddy. I won't be seeing Kris or Tom. West off of I-4 is my cousin Doug. We will be right in the middle of our family.

Then we'll be near our friends too....Monica, Heather, Lisa, Connie. I can't wait to get to Florida and have a social life. John and I are both very social people. In the Poconos we dont' have anyone anymore.....mom and Sandi are gone. So we will be happier living in the community that we picked in Florida, being centrally located to friends and family.
Deb, wow about the family and I wish you and John all the best for moving and good tosee your family and friends too..

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #883
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ok... isn't this the cutest bunny????

The QM found some gift cards she got off of her disney visa and we went shopping for the baby today!!!! (Thank God for a 30% discount too!!!)

We also decided that we would get her her first bathing ensemble... We didn't get her the flip flops though... too much for a baby her size...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #884
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

New poll

I started a new POLL as a follow up to Monica's first poll. Here's the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077604

Everyone please go and vote. Thanks.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #885
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

Here's to a speedy recovery, Ginamarie!

....I can not believe how long it has been since I've been on the DISboards......

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: