Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #631
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyTyler View Post
For our Valentine's Day celebration tonight when I picked Tyler up, I gave him his choices and he decided on Chinese take out and watching Hotel Transylvania. But.....on our way home after picking up the food, we witnessed a hit and run accident, so after I chased down the car to get the license plate and good description of the car, we went back and waited for the police. Good thing because the other witness wasn't able to get that info because the guy drove away so fast. Police took 25 minutes to get there. Cop was able to instantly get the guys address from the plate number and sent somebody out after him. After he smashed her car, he ran the red light she was stopped at, then swerved all over speeding up to get away and ran the next red light too. I felt so bad for the people who got hit. One person in the car saw him all bloody as he drove away. As hard as he hit, he must have hit his head on the steering wheel.
You are a good person.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #632
HollyTyler
I know, I'm stuck on that Mickey crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie View Post
Holly- sorry about the unproductive day and the gym snafu! At least you got your hair done. I need to do that badly. The front of my head is so grey!

It's very cold here, particularly because of the wind. We made it to BJs and Home Depot, but couldn't hit the grocery store too. Luckily, the milk has been purchased because that's the one thing I always worry about running out with three little kids in the house.

I also went back to another large project I'd started- scanning photos so that we can upload them to our photo site. I had a bunch from our WB PC and from the EB TA, and they made me smile!
Yeah, I always know when its time to again cover the grey when Tyler starts freaking out about how bad it's getting! LOL! He isn't trying to be mean, just innocently says "wow, why is your hair so grey?" Unfortunately, on par with how everything is going this weekend, I didn't do a good job of wiping the excess color off my skin, thought I did but realized otherwise when I got out of the shower, so I had to scrub like crazy, LOL!!! I'm really starting to look like a circus freak!!!

Glad you had a productive day!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
HollyTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #633
HollyTyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
If they don't switch you, Maryland is a great place to live.
LOL!!!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #634
HollyTyler

Quote:
You are a good person.
No, I was just mad somebody would do that, especially when I saw the toddler in the back seat. Mama bear mode kicked into autopilot, and I wanted to make sure she was OK. Back window was completely smashed out and that baby had NOT ONE speck of glass on her! It was all over everything else, even in the front, but not her. It was a horrible loud bang, sounded like an explosion. Looked like am explosion, and that poor little girl was so scared. Her mama was too shaken to be much comfort, so another woman who stopped to help sat with her in my back seat to comfort her, distract her, and keep her warm while I talked to and tried to help calm the baby's mom and her mom who was the driver, and called her work for her to say she'd be late because of the accident. It was so sad, the driver of the smashed car didn't have insurance because she'd recently lost her job and couldn't keep up the payments and it was just a messy situation. The police got my phone number and address and statement and let us go, but it was pretty late by the time we got home. I told Tyler I was sorry our food got cold and that he was probably starving but he said "it's OK mom, we had to do that." Love that kid!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #635
HollyTyler

The day before he went to his dad's last, on our way walking from the parking lot to the monster truck show, we witnessed an accident that night too, but it wasn't a hit and run. We must be bad luck!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #636
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Holly, thank goodness that baby was ok and you were there to help!

I don't understand how people get into these types of accidents and then just drive away. A good friend/mentor of mine was killed over the summer by a hit and run driver. She was walking down the road and he ran into her and just drove off to leave her for dead. They STILL haven't found the guy and think that he escaped the state/country after the accident
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #637
HollyTyler

Quote:
Holly, thank goodness that baby was ok and you were there to help!

I don't understand how people get into these types of accidents and then just drive away. A good friend/mentor of mine was killed over the summer by a hit and run driver. She was walking down the road and he ran into her and just drove off to leave her for dead. They STILL haven't found the guy and think that he escaped the state/country after the accident
How awful! So horrible. Sorry for the loss of your friend, that's just so sad!

I suspect this guy was drunk from the way he was weaving all over the road. Disgusting.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #638
HollyTyler

Taxes are done. I've never done them this late. Usually file first day filings are accepted.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #639
HollyTyler

Oh, and one more thing. After being with Tyler a couple hours tonight, he asks "Did somebody punch you in the face?" I said "What the heck?! Why would somebody do that? No, of course nobody punched me in the face." He says "Oh. Well, you just look different, like maybe somebody punched you. But not in a bad way." Um.....as if being punched in the face would be an improvement? I just need a do-over of this weekend.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #640
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
You are very lucky. That's the worst part about single life. And I'm getting lonely. Been single too many years. Oh well.....must keep plugging away until I find out what's waiting for me in life!
I know what you mean Holly. I was single and lived alone for 13 years before I met John. Just hang in there, your day will come.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #641
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Wow, so sorry! Just realized I've gotten whiny and blabbermouthy again! Nothing Disney related! Sorry everybody!
We love your blabbing away. We have missed you over here. I'm glad you're back!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #642
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
We have a dusting as well, but as the day goes on it is melting.
Things are pretty quiet on the the current PC thread.
We haven't signed up for any of the current itineraries. The SC looks interesting. I was hoping for the Canada route again. Taking the train was very convenient.
I'm surprised there is nothing out of New York again since it was so successful. Even though I'll be in Florida, I would still cruise out of New York again.

John and I did an 11 night SC in 2006 and LOVED it!!!! It was my favorite cruise for ports....untill I did Hawaii.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #643
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
If your Thieves cannot listen and hug, then what are we here for?

DEB: How are the legs today?

MONICA: How did Saturday go?

The legs are a little better Jan. Thanks for asking. They are both still wrapped because they each have infections. Once they get infected it's a very slow road to recovery, but they are making some progress. It's just going to take more time for them to completely heal.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #644
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Holly- please feel free to get all blathery. That's what friends are for! I hope the pillow was the issue for your eyes since it's an easy fix.

I'm not feeling up for very much today. We went to the carpet place for a quote yesterday and it was higher than what I expected. I want to check Home Depot today to see if we can save some money by using them, but not TOO hopeful. Apparently fixing up my living room is a good deal more $$ than I thought. Grrr.

Also, I found out that Olivia has an adult tooth growing in behind her baby teeth on the bottom. So we need to get those front teeth yanked or she's headed to the dentist. She is NOT happy.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a good holiday weekend!

I hate when I'm forced to go over budget for something. Good luck with the new living room decorating. I hope the rest of it comes in under budget.

Poor Olivia. I would be devistated if I were her. Won't the adult teeth push the baby teeth out naturally so that she doesn't have to get them yanked. That's going to hurt. OUCH!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #645
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
This is not my weekend. So I signed up for Planet Fitness online. Typed in my zip code and made sure it said Lansing, MI. Paid my down payment and my confirmation email told me to go to my local Planet Fitness to get my membership card and T-shirt. I get there to do so and they told me somehow I signed up for a location in MARYLAND. Ugghhhh.......so now I have to call the corporate office and request a transfer. Only me.
I can understand how that happens if you had to highlight your home town. Sometimes those highlights move around on you. You think you're clicking on one of them and another one pops up. It's easily understood.

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: