Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's up for a 2014 Thieves reunion??
on Disney Magic 16 57.14%
on Disney Wonder 13 46.43%
on Disney Dream 7 25.00%
on Disney Fantasy 12 42.86%
3 or 4 night 4 14.29%
7+ night 26 92.86%
East Coast departure 16 57.14%
West Coast departure 11 39.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #331
HollyTyler
I know, I'm stuck on that Mickey crystal ball

We had such a great time at the humane society tonight and Tyler had so much fun playing with dogs and cats! He has a favorite dog named Ernie and favorite cat named Meatball. I was pretty impressed with how clean the place is kept and with the programs available for kids. He's interested in a veterinary program they do where kids can watch surgery and when he gets a little older, can attend a "stitchery" clinic. Very cool stuff going on there! Before we even left, he asked "can we skip scouts and come back tomorrow?" He wants to help make dog treats, an ongoing project.
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
HollyTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #332
HollyTyler

So my mom leaves Sunday for Miami until the end of March. Yeah, I'm a little jealous! LOL!
6/9/05 - Land/Sea: Poly/4 Day Wonder; 9/10/05 - Western Magic; 9/2/06 - Eastern Magic;1/6/07 - 8 day Carnival Liberty-Eastern; 5/10/08 - WB PC Repo; B2B Wonder-4/27/11 LA Repo to Vancouver & 5/3/11 First Alaska cruise; 4/29/12 Wonder to Hawaii; Done vacationing for now.....just enjoying the memories of all the wonderful trips we've been able to take!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #333
HollyTyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
I can't believe I've not even been at work for 2 hours yet!! OMG! This day is going so slowly!!!
That's the worst!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #334
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyTyler View Post
We had such a great time at the humane society tonight and Tyler had so much fun playing with dogs and cats! He has a favorite dog named Ernie and favorite cat named Meatball. I was pretty impressed with how clean the place is kept and with the programs available for kids. He's interested in a veterinary program they do where kids can watch surgery and when he gets a little older, can attend a "stitchery" clinic. Very cool stuff going on there! Before we even left, he asked "can we skip scouts and come back tomorrow?" He wants to help make dog treats, an ongoing project.
Will used to go and do that also. They'd let him come and work at the shelter and work with the cats (his favorite). He loved doing it.

Quote:
So my mom leaves Sunday for Miami until the end of March. Yeah, I'm a little jealous! LOL!
aren't we all?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #335
HollyTyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Will used to go and do that also. They'd let him come and work at the shelter and work with the cats (his favorite). He loved doing it.

aren't we all?
Yeah, we can show up any time and just go do whatever we want basically. I just have to stay no further than an arm length away from him until he's 16 (except for summer camps and other times when they don't require parents there).
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #336
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I've been leaving him alone for short times, an hour or so. Kids his age started staying home alone last summer vacation. He's mature enough to be fine. We have rules listed and phone numbers listed, he's fine.
I was left alone with my brother from age 7. My mom was a single mother who worked. Me and my brother had to get ourselves up in the morning and get ready for school. Mom would already be gone for work. Then we came home in the afternoon and were alone until mom came home from work. In that time we were more responsible than most kids. I remember doing the family laundry at age 7 and cleaning the house with my brother. I had to start dinner every night too. Me and my brother were very independent and we did the right thing coz my mother would kill us with the wooden spoon (she used it as a threat, she never once hit us) if we didn't.

I say GO TYLER. As long as he has emergency numbers and neighbors to go to for help if needed, he will be just fine.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #337
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Monica

I go for vote but they mentioned that I done it but I cannot remember which one

I think I go for 7 days

Scottishwee35
I love the picture in your signature Deb. I don't think you have ever looked happier. It's a great picture. I'm sure you were thrilled.

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #338
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

I wish I could run away to ANY part of FL, but preferably near the mouse.

You could run away to my house after I move. I'll be near the mouse and you and Tyler are always welcome to stay. Of course, I think Heather will have something to say about that.....hahahaha.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #339
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
take care of yourself, Deb. You have time....even if you have John do the heavy work & you dictate what stays/goes from the couch.
I have to relearn to pace myself. I was able to do it when I was alone, but I forgot about it now that John is with me and we have so much to do.

Usually I do well with one day on and one day off. I'll try that again.

We worked on the house Monday and Tuesday. I took off Wednesday and Thursday. I'm hoping to get something done again today. John is packing out all the glassware from the dining room still. Not much got done for the past two days because I was out of it. John spent his time grocery shopping instead.

At least we accomplished getting two rooms done by tomorrow. That will be a Monday thru Friday week.....so two rooms in one week is good.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #340
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
well, my plans for the weekend have changed already. No staying in bed (which is not a bad thing), and no running away to the beach. Will just invited me to spend his bday with him, so Saturday morning we'll go out to MK to see if we can eat lunch at Be Our Guest, then I guess play in the park until dinner time. Funny that the only thing that is set are the meals
Where is lunch at Be Our Guest??? I have never heard of that. Is it in the castle?

How cool that you'll be celebrating Will's birthday with him at the Park. That's way better than sleeping in and you can go to the beach on Sunday.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #341
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Ernie and Meatball.....how adorable!!!! I love that they have such a great program for kids, but I wouldn't have the stomach to watch everything going on. YUCK! Good for Tyler that he's so interested and loves wanting to help. Maybe he will become a veterinarian. That would be so cool.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #342
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
OH how nice. Does she rent a place down there or stay with a friend? I bet you wish you could join her, even for a little bit. Miami is hot hot hot!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #343
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

The steak is marinating, the dining room glass is getting bubble wrapped.....all is well with the world today. We are making progress.

The next room is the kitchen. More glass. We're going to take only what we can afford to pack now and do it again at the last minute. Most of the kitchen things will be left behind. John wants all new pots and pans when we move. But we have lots of mom's kitchen things that John took......a meat slicer, a stand mixer, an electric frying pan....etc. Mom liked to buy kitchen things because she cooked all the time. We can pack all of those out now.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #344
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Deb - 2 rooms in 1 week is AMAZING!!

1 thing you can always do - with the glassware....is sit at the dining room table & wrap while you sit. John can bring you more glasses when you need them, and he can take them away from you too. That way you can still be helping but resting at the same time.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #345
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

I LOVE kitchen tools/gadgets! More than 1/2 my kitchen stuff is from Pampered Chef. Sad thing is I don't cook so much anymore. Well, maybe some day I'll get back into it.
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: