Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
airplane
DIS Veteran

Traveling with ds2,ds3 and dh is not the biggest wdw fan

What are your resort suggestions in march or April? I usually stay at SOG but if we do BW or YC my dh might be happier. Me and dh stayed at PoP before and he wasn't thrilled. He likes SOG but I have visions of Mickey Mouse waffles and being able to walk to a park in my head.
We have a 40 off pin offer or we could use military discount so I would like to keep it under 350.00 a night. Of course the cheaper the better but I am willing to spend more if it will keep dh happy. I have been to wdw several times but this is first time with my kiddos and 2 strollers. I am so excited!
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I'm with you! My husband is wonderful to stay on board for all these Disney trips. But he's not a fan. At all. We have three boys (ages 6, 12 and 13) and we've been taking them to Disney relatively frequently since our oldest was a baby.) I can tell you that a deluxe resort is absolutely essential for us. We tried mods with him and I'm fine with a good mod during, for example, peak holiday season when rates are crazy. But I will not bring my husband along for that adventure. His favorite resorts are BWI (but has to be CL) at WDW and GCH at DL. He's fine with BC/YC (my favorite resort) and Poly too, but just loves CL at BWI. He also likes WL and AKL, but wouldn't choose them again because transportation is a hassle. He thought CR CL was great, but isn't a huge fan of CR generally.

That's another thing. If it's in the budget, CL helps a ton. It provides drinks, snacks, extra space to take a break and convenience. That's huge for non-Disney-loving husbands, especially with kids. He doesn't do counter service well, so the ability to grab a quick breakfast is very helpful. Other things that work: We get to the parks at rope drop to minimize waiting and we have ADRs for lunch and dinner. We also take an afternoon break - I take the kids to the pool and he has some free time. He used that at ESPN one afternoon for a football game - met like-minded guys there and had a good time. This time, I planned our rope drops for parks without EMH and 9am opening times, so that we don't have to get up and rush out super early.

We're leaving in 9 days for this next trip, and then after DL in August, we're taking a break for 2014. Wish us luck!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Stay away from the value resorts if your husband is not crazy about Disney. Value resorts are heavily Disney themed. I would go with the moderate resort. The price is more pleasing than the deluxe. Maybe this will make him even more happier.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
cindym
Mouseketeer

Stay at one of the Boardwalk resorts. My hubby is not a great fan of Disney either! We stay on the Boardwalk and he can leave the parks when he has had too much Disney and sit on the beach there or jog or just relax. He enjoys doing that. He stays happy that way and we have a much happier trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: