Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #706
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Staying at AKV Kidani studio savanna view 2/25 for 4 nights then YC CL for 4 nights. So excited this is our 1st AK stay, I rented points from a friend who will also be there at the same time. We tried for Jambo but are wait listed.
Why do most people prefer studios at Jambo?
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #707
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Staying at AKV Kidani studio savanna view 2/25 for 4 nights then YC CL for 4 nights. So excited this is our 1st AK stay, I rented points from a friend who will also be there at the same time. We tried for Jambo but are wait listed.
I have added you to the list..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #708
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Personally I prefer Jambo House because most of the restaurants are there. I love Boma and having Mara so close is handy, too. Having said that, we just tried Sanaa on our last trip to WDW and were absolutely blown away by it.

Corinna
Old 02-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #709
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37

Thank you
Almost forgot... We saw a big one crawling down the sidewalk at CSR, too!

Did you say you saw one (snake) there?

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #710
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori

Some of the previously classified Savannah View and Pool View rooms have been re-classified as Standard View. They are the rooms that if you booked and paid for a Savannah or Pool View and got one of those rooms....... let's just say, most guests would not be happy! (The re-classification was done several years ago.)
We got a room like that in 2010. Noting but trees! We couldn't even see a glimmer of water. We asked to be moved & got a much better view. I'm glad they reclassified them.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #711
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
You're going to love it!!!!!
Quick, book dinner at Be Our Guest while you still can!

....THAT busy, eh?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #712
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Almost forgot... We saw a big one crawling down the sidewalk at CSR, too!

Did you say you saw one (snake) there?

We had a cockroach in our tub at CSR - first time i have EVER seen one in the flesh! No bugs or creepies at AKL, but we have seen little snakes at POFQ and lots of little lizards getting eaten by those white birds that are in the parks. EW!

Quote:
We LOVED Jambo - the lobby is so huge and elegant and you have the bridge whereas Kidani is far more lowkey. The whole resort seemed much quieter when we were there but again we did not stay. We like the bustle of AKL and having everything right there (Except Sanaa) First parking lot you hit is Jambo too if you are driving.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #713
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post

We LOVED Jambo - the lobby is so huge and elegant and you have the bridge whereas Kidani is far more lowkey. The whole resort seemed much quieter when we were there but again we did not stay. We like the bustle of AKL and having everything right there (Except Sanaa) First parking lot you hit is Jambo too if you are driving.
...agreed!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #714
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn
I think there are also just fewer at Jambo than Kidani,so they'd sell out quicker?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #715
Trip2Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Some of the previously classified Savannah View and Pool View rooms have been re-classified as Standard View. They are the rooms that if you booked and paid for a Savannah or Pool View and got one of those rooms....... let's just say, most guests would not be happy! (The re-classification was done several years ago.)
Thanks! That would explain it. (And you're right, if I had booked a Savannah or Pool View room and been placed there, I would have been [more than] slightly annoyed. But since we had reserved a Standard View and were expecting to be overlooking the bus stop or parking lot, we were thrilled with this location!)

Thanks again!!!

Meet the "gang":
DH ME DD(12) DD(10) DD(9) DD(1)
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #716
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip2Disney View Post
Thanks! That would explain it. (And you're right, if I had booked a Savannah or Pool View room and been placed there, I would have been [more than] slightly annoyed. But since we had reserved a Standard View and were expecting to be overlooking the bus stop or parking lot, we were thrilled with this location!)

Thanks again!!!
Glad to help!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #717
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareH37 View Post
Starting to think about a May trip, I've always loved the look of AKL, even booking but changing my mind however after finally making it to Jiko last year I was wowed by the stunning lobby and have made my mind up that I will stay here

One thing bothers me though, I am petrified when it comes to bugs and things like snakes What are people's experiences with anything like that t AKL compared to the other resorts?

Thanks
I don't want to scare you away but on my trip in September both my SiL and I encountered giant roach looking bugs. It might have just been September because I have never ever seen any other bugs at AKL. I just don't want you to think they're nonexistent.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #718
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I don't want to scare you away but on my trip in September both my SiL and I encountered giant roach looking bugs. It might have just been September because I have never ever seen any other bugs at AKL. I just don't want you to think they're nonexistent.
Love Bugs are usually in abundance May and September. They're creepy looking, but harmless.

I have seen hundreds of them at AKL, especially on the outside stairs at the end of Kudu - near the barn.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #719
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Omg, if I saw a snake at Epcot, or anywhere for that matter, I would shatter all the glass with my screams. I think I saw a rat once, I will have to ask dh where since I have now repressed the memory. I think it was in a park. Wait. I was with my brother in October, adventure land, during mnsshp. I almost had a heart attack. He thought it was hilarious. I forgot all about that. I work in NYC and see them there but not in my beloved pristine wdw!!

I have seen h2o+ in home goods. Is that the same stuff? I have sea salt from gf. Looking forward to trying citrus!!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #720
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40
Omg, if I saw a snake at Epcot, or anywhere for that matter, I would shatter all the glass with my screams. I think I saw a rat once, I will have to ask dh where since I have now repressed the memory. I think it was in a park. Wait. I was with my brother in October, adventure land, during mnsshp. I almost had a heart attack. He thought it was hilarious. I forgot all about that. I work in NYC and see them there but not in my beloved pristine wdw!!

I have seen h2o+ in home goods. Is that the same stuff? I have sea salt from gf. Looking forward to trying citrus!!
That Epcot snake nearly gave me a heart attack! We've got a got picture. Want to see it? DH took it after I ran away screaming!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: