Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #3706
tessab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Howdy neighbor... checking in 3 days later and also from NY... the other end of NY! We are packing packing packing as we start driving to Florida Thursday morning!
Let's hear it for the Thursday drive from Rochester to WDW...we'll be making it next Thursday. Spread some pixie dust on your way and we'll sweep it up one week later!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #3707
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessab View Post
Let's hear it for the Thursday drive from Rochester to WDW...we'll be making it next Thursday. Spread some pixie dust on your way and we'll sweep it up one week later!
Awesome! Will leave trail as requested!

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #3708
jaberwock
Mouseketeer

We leave on 9/5 for ten days at Kidani We are staying in a one-bedroom and were wondering if all the rooms are over the parking or if there are some rooms that you have to park in the regular lot? We requested to be near the pool and near an elevator. Is this even possible? Of course knowing my luck with room requests we will get as far away from both the pool and an elevator as possible.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #3709
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

We will be staying in a two bedroom villa at Kidani Village. I have a few questions about the rooms.

1) how often, if ever, does housekeeping check the rooms?
2) can we ask for more towels or linen as needed?
3) can we use our own surge protectors since we need multiple outlets?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #3710
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom
We will be staying in a two bedroom villa at Kidani Village. I have a few questions about the rooms.

Thanks.
In regards to Number 3, you can absolutely use your own surge protectors. Even before laptops were huge and everyone carried electronics with them everywhere they went, I would bring surge protectors to have space to charge all my video equipment and there was never an issue. I've also rewired the tv connections to attach vcrs back in the day (and dvd players later on) until they finally became aware that people wanted to watch their own movies at night

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Old 08-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #3711
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post

Thanks.
Is this a cash reservation or through DVC? If cash they'll clean the rooms every day, if DVC and your stay is 7 days or less you won't see them until Day 4 for trash and towels. If you're there longer than 8 days you'll get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash/towel service on day 8, the cycle repeats on day 12. If you're booking through DVC I believe you have to pay for more towels, $5 I think. You can also pay for daily mouse keeping if you've booked through DVC but that's $35 a day.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14

Last edited by Pinkocto; 08-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #3712
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?

35 more days until me and my wife arrive at AKL for our Honeymoon!! We already did online check-in and requested highest floor possible and on the Kudu Trail. We also have listed on the reservation, if at all possible, a king bed room. This is our first time staying at AKL, what are people's thoughts about Kudu Trail?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #3713
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Just booked our trip for next May! We love AKL. Stayed at kidani in June for the first time, while we enjoyed it, happy to be heading back to Jambo House! We'll be there 5/9-5/17. Question when we were there in June they were testing out the magic bands. Any idea if they were rolled out yet at AKL or when they will be?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #3714
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

You guys are great at giving me the answers I need. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #3715
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #3716
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberwock View Post
We leave on 9/5 for ten days at Kidani We are staying in a one-bedroom and were wondering if all the rooms are over the parking or if there are some rooms that you have to park in the regular lot? We requested to be near the pool and near an elevator. Is this even possible? Of course knowing my luck with room requests we will get as far away from both the pool and an elevator as possible.
Hi! I love Kidani, you'll have a great time! I made a similar request last time we were there. There are two elevators far down the left end of the "W".... they are Rafiki (which is RIGHT at the pool - and where you will take the elevator down - don't go through the lobby, do the parking deck gate instead) and Pumba. We were placed in-between these two elevators. Lots of options for parking and close enough to the pool to be comfortable. We sometimes parked at Pumba, sometimes at Rafiki...

You COULD park in the regular lot if you wanted to but typically you can get in the deck under the building which will give you much-appreciated shade on your car and get you closer to your designated elevator.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #3717
jaberwock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Hi! I love Kidani, you'll have a great time! I made a similar request last time we were there. There are two elevators far down the left end of the "W".... they are Rafiki (which is RIGHT at the pool - and where you will take the elevator down - don't go through the lobby, do the parking deck gate instead) and Pumba. We were placed in-between these two elevators. Lots of options for parking and close enough to the pool to be comfortable. We sometimes parked at Pumba, sometimes at Rafiki...

You COULD park in the regular lot if you wanted to but typically you can get in the deck under the building which will give you much-appreciated shade on your car and get you closer to your designated elevator.
Thanks! I cannot wait for this trip to start.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #3718
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

How do you know/request if you are at Jambo or Kidani? We are booked in a standard room with free dining but my reservation doesn't say anything about what building we are in. Is that just a DVC thing?

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #3719
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Welcome back!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #3720
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
How do you know/request if you are at Jambo or Kidani? We are booked in a standard room with free dining but my reservation doesn't say anything about what building we are in. Is that just a DVC thing?
They are completely different resorts as far as booking is concerned. Standard room is Jambo House. Kidani is a DVC resort so the smallest units are deluxe studios.

Corinna
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: