Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #3496
leannak
Mouseketeer

Oh no!!! This means we can't see zebras from Kidani??
Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #3497
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Arusha? What's that?? I thought it was called Sunset. Am I on the wrong board? We will be at Kidani.
Kidani has two savannahs. Pembe and Sunset. Pembe has okapi but not zebras. Sunset has zebras. I don't know whether the 2 BR suites are on both savannahs or not. We stayed on the Pembe savannah last time. It's not the most attractive savannah - large fence with a dirt road visible behind it. The red river hogs are cute, but I missed seeing the giraffes and the zebras. My husband liked it, though, because you couldn't see any other room balconies from ours (Pembe is on the outer side of the C, if that makes sense).

Make sure you request the sunset savannah if you want to see zebras from your room. If you have a room on the Pembe Savannah, you'll still be able to see zebras, just not from your room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #3498
leannak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
Make sure you request the sunset savannah if you want to see zebras from your room. If you have a room on the Pembe Savannah, you'll still be able to see zebras, just not from your room.
OK - thank you so much!!

Should I request a certain floor, too? I'd like DD to be as close as possible to any zebras, so I'm thinking low floor... But does that give you less of a view? Maybe requesting a certain floor would hurt our chances of getting Sunset? Clearly I don't know what I'm doing.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #3499
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK - thank you so much!!

Should I request a certain floor, too? I'd like DD to be as close as possible to any zebras, so I'm thinking low floor... But does that give you less of a view? Maybe requesting a certain floor would hurt our chances of getting Sunset? Clearly I don't know what I'm doing.
From what I remember, the best views are the third and fourth floor. Lower and you're too close to really see everything. Too high, and it's too far away. If I recall, our best view was from the third floor. I'd request close to the lobby, too. Some of those rooms can get really far away. I don't mind walking and never have. I think the walk from Kidani to Jambo house is very nice. But somehow the walk from the lobby to our room last time seemed to last forever.

ETA: the first floor is parking. So the second through fifth floors have rooms. Requesting third or fourth floor won't guarantee a Pembe savannah view, as far as I know.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3500
leannak
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! Yes, close to lobby sounds great... We will have grandma and grandpa with us.

How many requests can you make? I thought it was 2. Do you put them in order of importance?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #3501
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Arusha? What's that?? I thought it was called Sunset. Am I on the wrong board? We will be at Kidani.
I would check with AKL to make sure, but that is my understanding from online sources. You could call AKL to check.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #3502
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!! Yes, close to lobby sounds great... We will have grandma and grandpa with us.

How many requests can you make? I thought it was 2. Do you put them in order of importance?
I can't remember. The last time I checked in, I was able to choose the savannah I preferred. But I can't remember if there was another option or not. Next time, I'm going to request closer to the elevator near the pool. The elevators are Pumba, Rafiki, and Timon, I believe - can't remember which is which, though. One is near the transportation area. You might request that - it would put you close to the lobby and you'd definitely be on the Sunset savannah.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #3503
leannak
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much! Near transportation would be great! That also puts us closer to Jambo house, correct?

Boma is at JH, right? So is there no place for breakfast at kidani?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #3504
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh legs 11 how exciting! I would be packed by the door with 'flight clothes' on refusing to move at this stage lol...
lol! Well, my suitcases have been in the living room for a week now...holding various things. I will pack the clothes this weekend, and finish up next Thursday night Kids think we are leaving the 10th but we are really flying out the 9th (I want them to sleep the night before!).

Cannot come soon enough!!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #3505
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! Near transportation would be great! That also puts us closer to Jambo house, correct?

Boma is at JH, right? So is there no place for breakfast at kidani?
Yep. Boma, Jiko, and the Mara are at Jambo House. Sanaa is open for lunch and dinner - it's at Kidani. The pool bar also sells lunch food (can't remember when they stop serving - might be as late as five). The walk to Jambo house is five minutes or so. That's me traveling with four kids, one of whom had to be carried because she hated the stroller (she was less a year at the time and didn't walk yet). Well, we could have kept her in the stroller and listened to her scream. Carrying seemed easier and more pleasant.

As best I can tell from searching the net and old threads on the disboards, the elevators on the side of Kidani that's closer to Jambo House are Timon (closest to the bus transportation stop) and Zazu. On the other side are the Rafiki elevator (closest to the pool) and Pumba (out in the hinterlands). One bonus to being far away and past that Pumba elevator, though - we could actually see Wishes from our balcony. When I go back in January, I think I'll mark the names on my map so I'll know for the future.

For our next trip, since we're staying at Kidani again, we're going to order some food from the garden grocer so we'll eat most of our breakfasts in the room. The breakfast at Mara is quite good. I like Boma, too. But when we ate there, my kids stuck to the fruit loops. That's an expensive breakfast.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #3506
Rendar
Earning My Ears

So what's the best location for a pool view room. I can't decide on what to put my requests in for.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #3507
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
So what's the best location for a pool view room. I can't decide on what to put my requests in for.
I love Giraffe Trail - Lobby level. Walk right off the bus and to your room..quiet..I had asked for "near Room 3010" and actually GOT that room!!! and it was PERFECT!!

View from Room ( Jiko stream below)

View of balcony from pool (red balcony that is in the tree shadow between the two red balcony's
Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #3508
Rendar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I love Giraffe Trail - Lobby level. Walk right off the bus and to your room..quiet..I had asked for "near Room 3010" and actually GOT that room!!! and it was PERFECT!!

View from Room ( Jiko stream below)

View of balcony from pool (red balcony that is in the tree shadow between the two red balcony's
looks great. thank you
Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #3509
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
looks great. thank you
actually..it was suppose to say the red balcony between the two GREEN balcony's...LOL
Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #3510
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I think I know the answer, but I'm going to ask just in case.

We arrive at MCO at 9:15am. We don't expect our room to be ready, maybe we'll get lucky, but not counting on it. Anyway, we plan to explore the resort and pools (kids can't wait for the slide at Kidani), then go to MNSSHP at 4. So, if we spend the day covered in chlorine and sunscreen, it is likely that we will need a shower before we change. Is there somewhere available to us to shower? I'm assuming no, but I know some resorts offer courtesy rooms for that sort of thing. Our honeymoon resort in Aruba did.

If, as I suspect, we can't shower, where can we change before and after pool?

Thanks!

DH Michael DS C (13) DD K (9)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)
October 2014 - ASMu (14th anniversary trip)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: