Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #3421
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!
 
snowmanlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA now OH
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
New coffee machines at Mara. This looks likes a permanent brand new setup featuring Joffrey Coffee. Tastes better than the Nescafé.
AWESOME! Did you happen to notice if they have real half and half or is it the colored water junk?
snowmanlover is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #3422
ddixon1
Mouseketeer
 
ddixon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
New coffee machines at Mara. This looks likes a permanent brand new setup featuring Joffrey Coffee. Tastes better than the Nescafé.
Thanks for the update. Any way to get a photo of the new set up? Thanks again!
__________________
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #3423
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,043

That was nice about being in a DVC last weekend..we had a regular coffee pot in the room with Joffrey's...I even brought some home to have on Monday!
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #3424
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
That was nice about being in a DVC last weekend..we had a regular coffee pot in the room with Joffrey's...I even brought some home to have on Monday!
Oh that's good news it's in the rooms too! Did you happen to see if they did decaf? I can only drink that. If they did that would be brill :-)
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #3425
tarak
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: central PA
Posts: 1,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Great! The swimming pool tastes better than Nescafe lol..
So true. I always bring my own coffee.
tarak is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #3426
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh that's good news it's in the rooms too! Did you happen to see if they did decaf? I can only drink that. If they did that would be brill :-)
They DID! It was a green packet. I couldn't swear it was Joffrey's because I didn't drink it..but there was decaf
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #3427
mukorasirish
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 46

New to AKL

We just got back from a last minute trip to Disney three weeks ago. It's been a tough year - I lost my Dad on Christmas - and we took off with the kids to take a break. When we got home my mom asked if we would be going back any time soon - she wants to join us and spend time with the kids. My husband and I were thrilled and invited his parents as well. We will all be going June 20 - 28, 2014 and staying at AKL on the Club level. My question is this - we were told by our travel agent that all the Club level rooms have a savannah view but on some sights that seems to be contradicted. As this is the first - and most likely last - trip for the grandparents we want them to be able to have that experience (especially my MIL who is an animal fanatic). Also, do you know any rooms with better views than others? We will have three rooms.
Thanks for your help!
mukorasirish is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #3428
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover
 
John's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukorasirish View Post
We just got back from a last minute trip to Disney three weeks ago. It's been a tough year - I lost my Dad on Christmas - and we took off with the kids to take a break. When we got home my mom asked if we would be going back any time soon - she wants to join us and spend time with the kids. My husband and I were thrilled and invited his parents as well. We will all be going June 20 - 28, 2014 and staying at AKL on the Club level. My question is this - we were told by our travel agent that all the Club level rooms have a savannah view but on some sights that seems to be contradicted. As this is the first - and most likely last - trip for the grandparents we want them to be able to have that experience (especially my MIL who is an animal fanatic). Also, do you know any rooms with better views than others? We will have three rooms.
Thanks for your help!
All standard (non-DVC) Club Level rooms are located on the 4th floor facing the Arusha Savanna.

If you request rooms on the Zebra Trail, the restaurants and pool are located on this side of the lodge.
__________________
Kathy

John's Mom is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #3429
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy
 
Minnesota!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow!
Posts: 8,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I have logged on and I get a popup, but it doesn't ask to customize bands. I am not sure if its because we are AP holders?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think the last day to be able to customize them was the 23rd? And then they will just mail them out? I have read so many threads on it I can't remember for sure. We customized ours last week or so and go them this week. Being the only female in my family, I got the pretty pink one
__________________
Minnesota! is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #3430
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy
 
Minnesota!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow!
Posts: 8,619

Too lazy to look - does AKL have the new RFID mugs yet, and do they have coffee pots in the standard rooms?
__________________
Minnesota! is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #3431
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!
 
Ted in Halifax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,060

They only changed it this morning. Yesterday was Nescafé
__________________
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #3432
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Too lazy to look - does AKL have the new RFID mugs yet, and do they have coffee pots in the standard rooms?
I don't know about the mugs, but the rooms (non-dvc) have coffee pods with Joffrey coffee pods
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #3433
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Too lazy to look - does AKL have the new RFID mugs yet, and do they have coffee pots in the standard rooms?
Here now. No RFID mugs yet. Coffee pod machines in the rooms
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #3434
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
They only changed it this morning. Yesterday was Nescafé
That's funny because I was at Mara last eve and don't remember anything new!
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #3435
Rendar
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I think the last day to be able to customize them was the 23rd? And then they will just mail them out? I have read so many threads on it I can't remember for sure. We customized ours last week or so and go them this week. Being the only female in my family, I got the pretty pink one
The last day to customize you bands is 31 days before your trip. Starting day 30 you would receive the gray band.
Rendar is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: