Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #3376
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Good to know!

Dos anyone else have any fridge related updates? Really hope we still get one next week.

Also, are there ice machines?
Our DVC room had a whirlpool mini fridge.. I made a comment to the bellman and he said only a few had been removed from AKL... So, maybe it wasn't as wide spread
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #3377
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Ciao!

1. No password needed it just works like pixie dust!
2. Yes never had any issues with our ipads.
3. We found signal and speed very good. We were located near reception in Kadani.
4. No issues that I know of. It was also good by the pool.

The wifi in the parks was also very good. DW was able to connect her phone most of the time without using her network. Downtown Disney also. So there is no excuse not to update us on your trip lol..l

Hope this helps! How exiting your AKV time is nearly here. Paula x
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post
We're from Canada - not sure if it makes a difference, but we tend to have difficulties connecting to the free wi-fi on property - at the resort is better than the parks, but it still takes several tries.

I find 5AM works better than 5PM (as in amount of traffic changes connectivity).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
I'm on the AKL wifi now. There are two wifi here. One in room and another for outside areas including parks. No problem connecting on my iPad or blackberry.
THANKYOU so much !! I hope this news will keep DH quiet !! Can you believe it ? He HAS to keep in touch with office while we are on our long-dreamed-of trip !!
Should I kill him ???

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #3378
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Flooding on forth floor

Did you all here this?.... it was posted on here and it happened 7/19/13... Said 6 families had to be moved and Mara had some issue's with this too... I have mold and Mildew allergies and thinking of calling up my IPO to confirm this and request not to be put in that area. Drying out a rug with a soaked pad takes some time and the climate needs to be humid free and very cool to properly dry of its a breeding ground for mold to grow. Apparently a guest knocked down the sprinkler head in the shower. Apologies if this was already discussed, just hopped on and posted...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #3379
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDuck333 View Post
Did you all here this?.... it was posted on here and it happened 7/19/13... Said 6 families had to be moved and Mara had some issue's with this too... I have mold and Mildew allergies and thinking of calling up my IPO to confirm this and request not to be put in that area. Drying out a rug with a soaked pad takes some time and the climate needs to be humid free and very cool to properly dry of its a breeding ground for mold to grow. Apparently a guest knocked down the sprinkler head in the shower. Apologies if this was already discussed, just hopped on and posted...
I am new to AK thread but I 1. Don't think it ever hurts to put something on your request related to health issues; 2. Sprinkler water is actually pretty dirty and stinky so if the damage is significant (one sprinkler head lets out a lot of water within minutes - flooded a whole department with 7 inches of water on 5 minutes - equal to the size of one chain in Kidani). This will be a significant cleanup for Disney. More than likely furniture tossed or if hard wiped down with disinfectants, carpet needs to be replaced, walls if saturated to much replaced. I've lived through it. 3. It's Disney I would have no concern of them doing it right. Even though in the resorts I've stayed at they should have their sprinkler heads up in the ceiling with a cap.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #3380
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I am new to AK thread but I 1. Don't think it ever hurts to put something on your request related to health issues; 2. Sprinkler water is actually pretty dirty and stinky so if the damage is significant (one sprinkler head lets out a lot of water within minutes - flooded a whole department with 7 inches of water on 5 minutes - equal to the size of one chain in Kidani). This will be a significant cleanup for Disney. More than likely furniture tossed or if hard wiped down with disinfectants, carpet needs to be replaced, walls if saturated to much replaced. I've lived through it. 3. It's Disney I would have no concern of them doing it right. Even though in the resorts I've stayed at they should have their sprinkler heads up in the ceiling with a cap.

I agree, I will call this week and request a floor that wasn't effected by the flooding, apparently this went on for 40mins so I could imagine the amount of water damage done was significant...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #3381
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

I didn't hear this but I did see dryers in the hall on the 2nd floor of the zebra trail.. It is in the first pod.. Right before the windows Arusha savannah side. I wonder what happened
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #3382
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I didn't hear this but I did see dryers in the hall on the 2nd floor of the zebra trail.. It is in the first pod.. Right before the windows Arusha savannah side. I wonder what happened
It was posted under the Resort forum under ( Jambo House 4th floor flooded was the title ) Tells you what happened... You can search the title....
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #3383
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

109 days!!!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

Old 07-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #3384
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

thanks! I found it..
Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #3385
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY'S DREAMERS View Post

THANKYOU so much !! I hope this news will keep DH quiet !! Can you believe it ? He HAS to keep in touch with office while we are on our long-dreamed-of trip !!
Should I kill him ???
My DW does this too. I joke she needs to be surgically removed from her phone. In fact I am dreading this FP+ for this reason! Any excuse to get out the phone results in 'seeing an email' and her dealing with it grrr!

We have a rule on vacation. Her phone remains in the safe except for one hour a day she chooses. Lol. Then it goes back in!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #3386
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

We have a rule on vacation. Her phone remains in the safe except for one hour a day she chooses. Lol. Then it goes back in!
mmmmmm maybe Marco can accept this "rule" too ...

Old 07-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #3387
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDuck333 View Post

THANKS for the heads up on this!!

DH & I booked AKL, PV for Sept. 15th-22nd and we were going to make final payment this weekend and request a room in the zebra trail. I'm sure it will be dry by then, but I will keep this in mind.

THANKS to all here for the wonderful information about AKL! We have stayed on property at 6 of the resorts and visited AKL this past Christmas and fell in love! We stayed off property once-our very first visit, which was on our honeymoon in 1977!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #3388
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post

DH & I booked AKL, PV for Sept. 15th-22nd and we were going to make final payment this weekend and request a room in the zebra trail. I'm sure it will be dry by then, but I will keep this in mind.

THANKS to all here for the wonderful information about AKL! We have stayed on property at 6 of the resorts and visited AKL this past Christmas and fell in love! We stayed off property once-our very first visit, which was on our honeymoon in 1977!

[/FONT]
Welcome... Have a wonderful stay in Sept, God willing in a few weeks we will be there for a lovely stay. God Bless
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #3389
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post

[/FONT]
I would like to suggest Giraffe trail for a Pool View..it is super close to the buses/ lobby / pool...I loved it. There is an elevator in the middle so going to the pool is a short trip.

We were in 5577 this weekend and it was a HAUL from the lobby...sheesh..I needed to pack a lunch for the walk! LOL

here are our pictures
View from room

Ostrich hanging out spying on us

Giraffes hanging out at Sanaa
Old 07-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #3390
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

2nd stay at AKL coming up 9/28 - 10/7. Pool view, bunk bed room. Love this resort for atmosphere and fab dining.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: