Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #2956
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post

Thanks for checking out the gift shop for me. I will look for something else from home before we go.
You're welcome and sorry they don't have them. There are various beach towels for sale. Just not AKL logo, FYI.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #2957
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

That is awesome!!! Really funny pic, too. My wife makes fun of me for being able to fall asleep anywhere, but I would never lay out like that! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!
Hehe. I always see men sleeping in the lobby. Especially at AKL
Love that bridge. Here are a few other pics:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #2958
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
johnsonet, I have to thank you for posting the activity sheets. I was thinking of leaving two days for resort only activities. Depending on how early everyone wants to leave the parks (we usually only spend half a day at HS), we might have a few afternoons there as well.

I asked my five-year-old son where he'd go if he could take a vacation anywhere. First was the beach. Second was the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't know if he assumes the parks are all part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge or if he just likes it that much.
You're welcome, tarak and thank you.
How sweet that your little boy loves AKL so much. (Boy after my own heart!)
We do a park in the a.m. and then back to resort for afternoon. At AKL there is so much to keep you interested.
If you don't mind shuttling between Jambo and Kidan,i there is tons to do at the resort/s!
Simple pleasures like cookie decorating at 1pm and going out on Arusha Overlook in the late afternoon are low-key yet special.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #2959
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone! Great advice on this thread has helped me make some AKL decisions...including flipping my split stay from AKL pool view 3 nites then BC CL 4 nites..to......BC GV first 3 nites then AKL SV CL last 4 nites! I did that reading all the great things you've all had to say about AKL! I am very excited! Curious about Bounce Back offers...anyone just come back from AKL with an offer? Thinking about another trip and I haven't even gone yet... Oh Disney what you do to me.....
Hey. I know RachelTori has answered but just thought I'd share with you a pic of current offer:

Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #2960
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hehe. I always see men sleeping in the lobby. Especially at AKL
Love that bridge. Here are a few other pics:

There's my room on the left (#5406) from my first AKV stay in January 2008!! It's a Jambo "standard studio" (pool view)! I loved that room!

Glad you're having a great time, Liz!

Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #2961
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone for the Bounce Back information!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #2962
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Hi all, staying in a one bedroom savanna view Kidani for one night to try the resort before heading to the poly. I did online check in and requested sunset savanna, that's giraffes right? Should I check off something else as well? I would really like a lower floor to be more eye level with the animals, yes, no? Since we are only there for one night we really want to soak up the resort/animals/views so this is important! Thanks in advance for any input...we are 5, myself, dh and 3 dd's ages 7, 8, 9! Thanks!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #2963
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
Hi all, staying in a one bedroom savanna view Kidani for one night to try the resort before heading to the poly. I did online check in and requested sunset savanna, that's giraffes right? Should I check off something else as well? I would really like a lower floor to be more eye level with the animals, yes, no? Since we are only there for one night we really want to soak up the resort/animals/views so this is important! Thanks in advance for any input...we are 5, myself, dh and 3 dd's ages 7, 8, 9! Thanks!!!!
Yes - if you want giraffes, the Sunset savannah is the one you want. Pembe has okapi. We had the Pembe savannah our last trip and I wasn't thrilled with it. The okapi were interesting and the red river hogs were adorable (at least I thought so). But the savannah itself is really unattractive, in my opinion. The fence and road behind it didn't do much for me. My husband, on the other hand, preferred it because we couldn't see any other balconies from ours. He said it was like having the place to ourselves. Next time, I'm requesting and hoping for the Sunset savannah. DH and I can take turns choosing the savannah, right?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #2964
Miss Monorail 1971
Please Stand Clear of the Door

Just have to say 17 days till check in at Kidani. Aaaaaahhhh I'm about to burst. Any special tips? We will there for 6 days.

Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #2965
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Hehe. I always see men sleeping in the lobby. Especially at AKL ....
....that. sounds.......creepy.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #2966
tarcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We arrived today and are overjoyed to be here

Grandma Rainbow - Zawadi Marketplace DOES have tonic water (that contains quinine) but NOT diet tonic.

lfortin16 - I asked after not seeing any and they do NOT have logo beach towels. Boohoo (they did last year)

tarcc there are lots if items for gift baskets!

And here is an "unusual pic from the skybridge", psac. Lol. Someone needed a nap.

Oh, and our standard, pool view room has a DVD player. I was surprised.
Thankyou sooo much that was very nice of you
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #2967
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 View Post
Just have to say 17 days till check in at Kidani. Aaaaaahhhh I'm about to burst. Any special tips? We will there for 6 days.
Yes. Make every second count! It's the best place on earth ( that we have experienced ) . Have fun!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #2968
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 View Post
Yes, if you did not request to be close to the lobby, be prepared to walk!! A walk to the lobby and back is 1/2 a mile from our room. Literally, we counted!! And you will want to stay here forever!! We have been here since Sunday we love it!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #2969
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....that. sounds.......creepy.
Agreed! I have my own issues, I can't fall asleep in any public place, so the thought of sleeping in a lobby is completely unfathomable to me

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #2970
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

This thread makes me happy!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: