Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #2941
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone! Great advice on this thread has helped me make some AKL decisions...including flipping my split stay from AKL pool view 3 nites then BC CL 4 nites..to......BC GV first 3 nites then AKL SV CL last 4 nites! I did that reading all the great things you've all had to say about AKL! I am very excited! Curious about Bounce Back offers...anyone just come back from AKL with an offer? Thinking about another trip and I haven't even gone yet... Oh Disney what you do to me.....
When you check in at both resorts, in your Welcome Packet will be a booklet....... there should be a tear-out calendar in the middle with Bounce Back dates and information! They put one out for the entire calendar year this year -- which was great! Whether they will continue to do that or not is anyone's guess.

I have the calendar in front of me. The rest of June and all of July are blacked out, but then the rest of the 2013 BB dates are August 4-31, September 1-30, October 1-5, October 20-November 2, November 17-23, November 30-December 4, and December 15-19.

2013 discounts are 35% off Deluxe Villa Resorts and Deluxe Resorts and 30% off Moderate Resorts. I believe Values also are discounted, but they are not listed on the calendar.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #2942
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Wow RachelTori...Love that....and frightened at the same time.. Are they specific offers...room only? package only? You have my total attention now!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #2943
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Wow RachelTori...Love that....and frightened at the same time.. Are they specific offers...room only? package only? You have my total attention now!!
It's room only, but you can make it into a package -- same % room discount - just add tickets and dining!

This has been WAY easier than the previous couple years where there may or may not be an offer; you may or may not get the flyer in your room; it may be for room discount or it could be Free Dining.........

As a bonus, when you open the calendar, you will have a keepsake photo of the castle with Disney characters (added in as cartoon characters) "Thank You For Being Our Guest!"

Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #2944
tarak
DIS Veteran

johnsonet, I have to thank you for posting the activity sheets. I was thinking of leaving two days for resort only activities. Depending on how early everyone wants to leave the parks (we usually only spend half a day at HS), we might have a few afternoons there as well.

I asked my five-year-old son where he'd go if he could take a vacation anywhere. First was the beach. Second was the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't know if he assumes the parks are all part of the Animal Kingdom Lodge or if he just likes it that much.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #2945
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
We arrived today and are overjoyed to be here

And here is an "unusual pic from the skybridge", psac. Lol. Someone needed a nap.

Oh, and our standard, pool view room has a DVD player. I was surprised.
That is awesome!!! Really funny pic, too. My wife makes fun of me for being able to fall asleep anywhere, but I would never lay out like that! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #2946
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
It's room only, but you can make it into a package -- same % room discount - just add tickets and dining!

This has been WAY easier than the previous couple years where there may or may not be an offer; you may or may not get the flyer in your room; it may be for room discount or it could be Free Dining.........

As a bonus, when you open the calendar, you will have a keepsake photo of the castle with Disney characters (added in as cartoon characters) "Thank You For Being Our Guest!"
Officially frightened! And I haven't even gone on this trip...and I still have to cancel September's...(long story) and now I wanna book another offer...oy vay!

Thanks!! I think......
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #2947
lfortin16
Mouseketeer

beach towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
We arrived today and are overjoyed to be here

Grandma Rainbow - Zawadi Marketplace DOES have tonic water (that contains quinine) but NOT diet tonic.

lfortin16 - I asked after not seeing any and they do NOT have logo beach towels. Boohoo (they did last year)

tarcc there are lots if items for gift baskets!

And here is an "unusual pic from the skybridge", psac. Lol. Someone needed a nap.

Oh, and our standard, pool view room has a DVD player. I was surprised.
Thanks for checking out the gift shop for me. I will look for something else from home before we go.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #2948
livibug
Mouseketeer

What a great week so far (aside from all the ticket issues) .. The resort is phenominal. we got a reclassified savanna view and its been outstanding. we have 3 more days left.. if anyone has any questions or wants pics.. let me know

Dolphin, CBR, ASM, POP
Old 06-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #2949
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone! Great advice on this thread has helped me make some AKL decisions...including flipping my split stay from AKL pool view 3 nites then BC CL 4 nites..to......BC GV first 3 nites then AKL SV CL last 4 nites! I did that reading all the great things you've all had to say about AKL! I am very excited! Curious about Bounce Back offers...anyone just come back from AKL with an offer? Thinking about another trip and I haven't even gone yet... Oh Disney what you do to me.....
There was one - we just checked out Monday - 35% for specific dates, if I remember correctly

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #2950
Haley
DIS Veteran

I just switched my reservation for Dec from AoA to AKL... I hope I made the right choice. I've stayed at both but I just wasn't excited about AoA - I really wanted to stay deluxe and it was just about the same price. I booked pool view but crossing my fingers for a savannah view upgrade
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #2951
XMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Rainbow View Post
Thank you, thank you so very much. Of course, there will be a delivery fee. I know that, but I checked and we can get two six packs of ten-ounce bottles which will be more than enough to drink there and take on the cruise. Perfect! We won't have a car and have limited mobility. Don't even know if we'll leave the resort, so having it delivered is such a great idea. I really try to keep the carb count in check.

Bless you.
So glad it will work out for you! We will be taking our first ever trip there in March and won't have a car, so we were panicking a bit about how to get food from a store without breaking the bank with a taxi ride. Then I read on the boards about garden grocer and another one that I can't remember the name of. I thought ahhhhh.....that solves the problem! We will pack one suitcase full of dry goods and have the refrigerated food & bottled water delivered to us. No more worrying

Enjoy your trip and your cruise. We hope to go back without the kids in Nov 2014 and do the wine & dine 1/2 (well hubby will...I just cheer for him), then hop on the Dream for a 4 night cruise. Fingers crossed that it all works out
Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #2952
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
So glad it will work out for you! We will be taking our first ever trip there in March and won't have a car, so we were panicking a bit about how to get food from a store without breaking the bank with a taxi ride. Then I read on the boards about garden grocer and another one that I can't remember the name of. I thought ahhhhh.....that solves the problem! We will pack one suitcase full of dry goods and have the refrigerated food & bottled water delivered to us. No more worrying

Enjoy your trip and your cruise. We hope to go back without the kids in Nov 2014 and do the wine & dine 1/2 (well hubby will...I just cheer for him), then hop on the Dream for a 4 night cruise. Fingers crossed that it all works out
gardengrocer.com and wegoshop.com are the 2 most often used for grocery deliveries.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #2953
Bethpremier
Kidanites Unite!

Cant wait until Dec!!

We are renting points and waitlisting for a studio at AKL Kidani in Dec. Hoping so much to get it. AKL is our favorite resort.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #2954
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfortin16 View Post
Thanks for checking out the gift shop for me. I will look for something else from home before we go.
FYI: For all you scrapbookers out there, they have some great stuff that you can buy and take home [to preserve your AKL memories]....well, they did last time I bought some scrapbooking stuff there...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #2955
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
I just switched my reservation for Dec from AoA to AKL... I hope I made the right choice. I've stayed at both but I just wasn't excited about AoA - I really wanted to stay deluxe and it was just about the same price. I booked pool view but crossing my fingers for a savannah view upgrade
Great choice and I know exactly what you mean about switching if you're just not excited. AKL is really beautiful, unique and FUN. enjoy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: