Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #2911
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer
 
pinkvol7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post

We just left akl on Sunday and had a similar issue with the ddp. It didn't show any credits remaining (but showed we had it) on check in day.
Ours took an hour and some change to fix. I was solo with the kids. Supervisor had to rebook entire vacation. We had some wonderful pixie dust before this and as a result of this. I could not be more impressed with the staff at akl.
Same here! Staff has been AMAZING!! My husband and I are both very laid back and pretty patient with stuff like this. As long as they are trying to fix it, then I have all the patience in the world. The pixie dust has been great! They have went out of their way to make up for our issues!!
pinkvol7 is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #2912
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer
 
pinkvol7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

Oh my! It is what we Brits call a catalogue of disasters. Maybe they gave you extra maid service to pixie dust you for the ticket /room card fiasco to date! Hope you manage to get it sorted. I hope they work some magic for your anniversary. How many glorious years? Did they sort you out in the end?
13 years!! And we will find out in a few if my tickets are back on my key. I hope we get into MK this morning without any issues!! I WILL be sending Disney an email about how wonderful the staff has been to us!! They have went above and beyond!!
pinkvol7 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #2913
Grandma Rainbow
Earning My Ears
 
Grandma Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 48

Red face Thank you

Johnsonet, thanks so much for checking. If they cannot get diet for us, I'll just drink half the amount. Don't know if we can get it on the Fantasy, either, so would have bought enough to bring on board.

Enjoying your posts and all the pictures. One year from right now for us!

Now, if someone would just tell me what an IPO is and how it/they can be utilized if we're on CL.

Amazing group of folks here. Everyone is so gracious.

Jennie
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwyoliil755xqio.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Grandma Rainbow is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #2914
flortlebap
Disneyiac!
 
flortlebap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,599

Just to update my last post re room requests....

I rang AKL and was told requests could only be made ten days out if it was booked through a third party rather than direct - just a heads up for anyone reading the thread!

Totally worth the call to be told to "have a magical day" though!!!
__________________
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
flortlebap is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #2915
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvol7 View Post

13 years!! And we will find out in a few if my tickets are back on my key. I hope we get into MK this morning without any issues!! I WILL be sending Disney an email about how wonderful the staff has been to us!! They have went above and beyond!!
13 years congrats! Good luck with your tickets. The staff are wonderful at AK we felt the same. Showed genuine concern.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #2916
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Just to update my last post re room requests....

I rang AKL and was told requests could only be made ten days out if it was booked through a third party rather than direct - just a heads up for anyone reading the thread!

Totally worth the call to be told to "have a magical day" though!!!
Oh I love being told to have a magical day! Never gets old!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #2917
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?
 
Buffalo2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I just wanted to come by and say that me and my wife are exactly 3 months away from our Disney Honeymoon today!! We will be at the Lodge September 18th-27th, 10 glorious days. It is our first time staying here but after eating at Jiko on our last trip and strolling around the grounds we knew we wanted to stay here for our honeymoon. Needless to say, our excitement is starting to boil over already.
__________________


Buffalo2Disney is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #2918
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2Disney View Post
I just wanted to come by and say that me and my wife are exactly 3 months away from our Disney Honeymoon today!! We will be at the Lodge September 18th-27th, 10 glorious days. It is our first time staying here but after eating at Jiko on our last trip and strolling around the grounds we knew we wanted to stay here for our honeymoon. Needless to say, our excitement is starting to boil over already.
Oh congrats! That's how we feel in love with it. We came to dine there and were wowed by it. But I have to worn you. Staying there is different. We just got back in May. It's not great like you think. It's somewhere north of WONDERFUL!

You will have an amazing time!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #2919
XMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Rainbow View Post
Johnsonet, thanks so much for checking. If they cannot get diet for us, I'll just drink half the amount. Don't know if we can get it on the Fantasy, either, so would have bought enough to bring on board.

Jennie
Are you not able to take the quinine tablets by themselves? It would be a lot easier to travel with.
__________________
[/QUOTE]
DVC Owners at AKL & GCH
XMom is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #2920
Christinaxo
Mouseketeer
 
Christinaxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 272

AKL First Timers

Hello All! So we will be leaving to our very first WDW vacation in just 48 days! ahhhhh! anyways after many, MANY, resort changes we have settled on staying our 8 nights at AKL! The lodge is beautiful and my kids are animal lovers and I love the cultural aspect of it. We were going to do a split stay but ultimately we decided we want it to be as least complicated as possible. A little nervous about not having a car (everyone says AKL is "Far" from the parks) but we are really go with the flow people and want this trip to be about touring and relaxing as well! We will be there from AUG 5-13th and I have to put in some room requests I guess because of my little one I want to be close to the lobby but do is that all I should say? (tried looking at the map but just a tad confused lol) We booked a standard view room. I also wanted to ask if Boma is really worth it? We are huge breakfast people and thinking of canceling our Ohana "off day" ressie and switching to BOMA so we can just have a relaxing day at the resort. ANy help would be great! Thank you!
__________________
ChristinaXO

Me DH DS(9) DD(4)




AKL- Aug 2013 CSR- Aug/Sept 2014
Christinaxo is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #2921
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!
 
Disneyholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 2,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Rainbow View Post
Now, if someone would just tell me what an IPO is and how it/they can be utilized if we're on CL.

Amazing group of folks here. Everyone is so gracious.

Jennie
Itinerary Planning Office

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo House (AKL)
The Kilimanjaro Club
Animal.Kindom.Lodge.Itinerary.Planni...neyworld .com
(407) 938-4755 - fax (407) 938-4759

They should contact you sometime before the 180 day from your trip mark. You can't start booking anything till then. If you haven't heard from them by then, you should contact them at the number or e-mail address above.
__________________
97HINB&RIUS99CSR00WL01HRPDTD02HINB&WL30AnV&A03DTDTD04BWDTD&AKLSunsetSafari05DTDTD&POR06DTDTD07ASMFS
08Wonder&BC09November28Magic&DTDTD10BW11May29Dream1/12DTDTD&WL8/12Fantasy40An.Remy&DTDTDJoinedDVC
4/13AKVCL,DCLDream,BLT11/13FantasyThanksgiving/AKLVKidani4/14AKLVKidani8/14DVCMembersCruise/Dream,AKLVJambo













Disneyholic is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #2922
Grandma Rainbow
Earning My Ears
 
Grandma Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 48

Unhappy Not allowed in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
Are you not able to take the quinine tablets by themselves? It would be a lot easier to travel with.
Yes, I did take them for a long period of time and they were great. A few years ago the FDA said no, no -- only if you have malaria! The doctor said there was no other pill available, so she suggested the tonic with quinine which works just fine. Problem is finding it when we travel. I thought perhaps I could get some advice from one of the AKL CMs. If I don't have the tonic/quinine I suffer from terrible upper body cramping. I know, weird. I will check caloric and sugar content next time we're shopping. As mentioned, I'll just have to do with half the dose. Thanks for trying.
Jennie
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwyoliil755xqio.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Grandma Rainbow is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #2923
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 13,043

I forgot to mention this here:

I noticed that all the towels were new. So new, they still had inspection stickers on the tags...pretty sure they hadn't made a cleaning cycle yet. They were super soft BUT they are no longer Wamsutta's Disney Resort Collection. They are Softlinen brand
DisneyDmbNut is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #2924
XMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Rainbow View Post
Yes, I did take them for a long period of time and they were great. A few years ago the FDA said no, no -- only if you have malaria! The doctor said there was no other pill available, so she suggested the tonic with quinine which works just fine. Problem is finding it when we travel. I thought perhaps I could get some advice from one of the AKL CMs. If I don't have the tonic/quinine I suffer from terrible upper body cramping. I know, weird. I will check caloric and sugar content next time we're shopping. As mentioned, I'll just have to do with half the dose. Thanks for trying.
Jennie
Wow! I was not aware that they took them off the shelves. What a bummer. Good luck in finding diet tonic water. Have you thought about maybe using garden grocer to deliver some to you? Maybe enough that you could take it on the cruise? It may be a bit pricey but at least you wouldn't have to adjust your carb count too much. Being at WDW, tonic water is probably the last thing you want to have to account for!
__________________
[/QUOTE]
DVC Owners at AKL & GCH
XMom is offline  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #2925
Grandma Rainbow
Earning My Ears
 
Grandma Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 48

Talking Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMom View Post
Wow! I was not aware that they took them off the shelves. What a bummer. Good luck in finding diet tonic water. Have you thought about maybe using garden grocer to deliver some to you? Maybe enough that you could take it on the cruise? It may be a bit pricey but at least you wouldn't have to adjust your carb count too much. Being at WDW, tonic water is probably the last thing you want to have to account for!
Thank you, thank you so very much. Of course, there will be a delivery fee. I know that, but I checked and we can get two six packs of ten-ounce bottles which will be more than enough to drink there and take on the cruise. Perfect! We won't have a car and have limited mobility. Don't even know if we'll leave the resort, so having it delivered is such a great idea. I really try to keep the carb count in check.

Bless you.
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwyoliil755xqio.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Grandma Rainbow is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: