Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #2791
think-like-tink
DIS Veteran

I will be impatiently waiting on the picss

Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #2792
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Re the pool use question when we stayed in May there were many people by the pool that were not from either Jambo or Kindani. I guess they must allow pool hopping or be relaxed about not enforcing rules.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #2793
Reese D
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginerjenny View Post
Staying at AKL for the first time in August.

Just wondering if there is somewhere you can change into your swimming suits near the pool or do you just change in your room and go down to the pool area.

are lifejackets available for small kids?

What type of coffee machines are in the room?
There is a restroom with a shower area near Mara. Also, you can use the shower facilities in the fitness center. We found that to be much nicer/easier as we needed a shower area after our checkout before a late flight.

They did have lifejackets available.

The coffeemakers are Cuisinart one-cup machines that you see in many hotels.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #2794
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

So very excited!! We leave tomorrow!!! YAY!!! We are staying at AoA for the night tomorrow then check into AKV Friday!!! As excited as I am, I'm in a bit of a panic mode b/c we are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad weather starting tonight! Praying we get out and with no delays! Fingers crossed!!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #2795
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Re the pool use question when we stayed in May there were many people by the pool that were not from either Jambo or Kindani. I guess they must allow pool hopping or be relaxed about not enforcing rules.
No - pool hopping to AKV is NOT allowed -- not even DVC members staying elsewhere are allowed to hop here.

In case this confuses non-DVC Dissers: we DVC members have pool hopping privileges between most resorts, except for blacked-out times:

From the January-December 2013 *Portable Perks*:

"Pool Hopping Information

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (In addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World Card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitation. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the following dates *:

February 16-23 (Saturday-Saturday)
March 24-April 7 (Sunday-Sunday)
May 25-28 (Saturday-Tuesday)
June 29-July 8 (Saturday-Monday)
August 30-September 2 (Friday-Monday)
November 25-December 1 (Monday-Sunday)
December 15-January 5 (Sunday-Sunday)

As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

* Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity."

The issue is that, other than Stormalong Bay, Disney does not enforce this policy. Hopefully, that will change in the near future!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #2796
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
So very excited!! We leave tomorrow!!! YAY!!! We are staying at AoA for the night tomorrow then check into AKV Friday!!! As excited as I am, I'm in a bit of a panic mode b/c we are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad weather starting tonight! Praying we get out and with no delays! Fingers crossed!!
Wishing you very safe travels

You'll be at WDW tomorrow
Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #2797
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Laura, so I'm translating this to mean DVC are allowed to use non DVC pools as well? I'm only asking because they specifically say something about AoA. I've never had a desire to pool hop, but have always wanted to go back to Coronado Springs pool and am wondering if that is an option.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #2798
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Laura, so I'm translating this to mean DVC are allowed to use non DVC pools as well? I'm only asking because they specifically say something about AoA. I've never had a desire to pool hop, but have always wanted to go back to Coronado Springs pool and am wondering if that is an option.
Correct, Pam! As long as you're staying on points, DVC members & their guests can use ANY WDW Resort pool - other than those specifically mentioned in my previous post!

I know, I was surprised to see AoA -- I forgot that the pool hopping wasn't just to DVC resorts!

I'm not into pool hopping myself. Personally, I would rather try all the pool bars!!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #2799
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Correct, Pam! As long as you're staying on points, DVC members & their guests can use ANY WDW Resort pool - other than those specifically mentioned in my previous post!

I know, I was surprised to see AoA -- I forgot that the pool hopping wasn't just to DVC resorts!

I'm not into pool hopping myself. Personally, I would rather try all the pool bars!!
Thanks so much. This adds another aspect of WDW to keep in mind.

Nothing stopping you from pool bar hopping, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you anything

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #2800
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info on Firepit Storytelling.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 06-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #2801
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thanks so much. This adds another aspect of WDW to keep in mind.

Nothing stopping you from pool bar hopping, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you anything

Always happy to help!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #2802
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

So glad I found this thread! Please add us to the list. We will be at AKL Kidani Oct 27- Nov 2. This will be our first trip as DVC owners and our first time at AKL! After reading here I can't wait to get there!!!! Any suggestion on making room request? We have our DD, her DH and our 2 DGD's that will be in a Studio, standard view and we have the 1 bedroom, standard view (plan on the girls staying in the room with us!) 1st trip for DGD's, I'm looking so forward to seeing those little faces light up!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #2803
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

No - pool hopping to AKV is NOT allowed -- not even DVC members staying elsewhere are allowed to hop here.

In case this confuses non-DVC Dissers: we DVC members have pool hopping privileges between most resorts, except for blacked-out times:

From the January-December 2013 *Portable Perks*:

"Pool Hopping Information

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (In addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World Card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitation. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the following dates *:

February 16-23 (Saturday-Saturday)
March 24-April 7 (Sunday-Sunday)
May 25-28 (Saturday-Tuesday)
June 29-July 8 (Saturday-Monday)
August 30-September 2 (Friday-Monday)
November 25-December 1 (Monday-Sunday)
December 15-January 5 (Sunday-Sunday)

As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

* Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity."

The issue is that, other than Stormalong Bay, Disney does not enforce this policy. Hopefully, that will change in the near future!
Thanks for the info! Me and DW were surprised and actually on occasion a bit annoyed. One family weren't even staying on a Disney resort at all! We did mention this to reception as getting a sunbed became more difficult. Not fair really! Plus a security risk we felt.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #2804
Paula Sedley-Burke

May I ask a sensitive question. How do you American folk feel about topless sun bathers? ( women obviously lol )

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #2805
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke
May I ask a sensitive question. How do you American folk feel about topless sun bathers? ( women obviously lol )
It's socially unacceptable in public locations.

Depending upon local laws, it may also be illegal.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: