Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #2041
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by livibug View Post
did the roof view bug you? Looks like you look out over a sea of roof with the pool behind. We love that location but have concerns about the view. Any pics that you took?

thanks!
I will have to look for the photos. I did something really dumb a couple months ago and deleted most all my photos off this computer. (I didn't mean to delete them, for sure! ) I have to go find the disc those pictures are on.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #2042
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thank you for posting this .... now I have all the room numbers with pool view ... not many of them so wish me luck!!!
Pool view would be nice but just FYI...at Kidani they have the smoking area right outside the pool gate to the Rafiki elevator....if you have any smoke issues (or are worried that people might be out there late), something to consider.

But a nice view if you can get as CLOSE to the elevator as possible (the gate and area are sort of between the next beads) ....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #2043
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Pool view would be nice but just FYI...at Kidani they have the smoking area right outside the pool gate to the Rafiki elevator....if you have any smoke issues (or are worried that people might be out there late), something to consider.

But a nice view if you can get as CLOSE to the elevator as possible (the gate and area are sort of between the next beads) ....
I'm at Jambo so hope the smoking area won't be a problem. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of the view .... I've always loved every room I've ever had there. I guess I just thought a pool view would be a nice change.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #2044
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Mara Bounty Platter

I hope this is the right place to post this silly question. I heard that the bounty platter at the mara can be customized so I was wondering if you wanted to just have little mickey waffles how many would you get on the bounty platter if customized that way? I figured posting here over the dining page because the AKL experts are all here! Is that weird...lol
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #2045
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
I hope this is the right place to post this silly question. I heard that the bounty platter at the mara can be customized so I was wondering if you wanted to just have little mickey waffles how many would you get on the bounty platter if customized that way? I figured posting here over the dining page because the AKL experts are all here! Is that weird...lol
I'm not sure if you can customize the bounty platter to just mickey waffles. A mickey waffle and bacon is $5.99. On the kid's menu a mickey waffle is $4.99.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #2046
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese D View Post
We have a pool view room reserved. What are the best pool view rooms for a quick walk to the qs restaurant and busses?

Also, how many floors are there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm at Jambo so hope the smoking area won't be a problem. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of the view .... I've always loved every room I've ever had there. I guess I just thought a pool view would be a nice change.

We had a pool view room last year that I thought was the PERFECT location. It was on the Giraffe Trail - we were right by pool slide/ hot tub - LOVED the location. We had a beautiful view of the pool, but it was super quiet - 5 minute walk to the lobby and Mara.

4 weeks from today we will be checking in at Jambo!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #2047
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post

We had a pool view room last year that I thought was the PERFECT location. It was on the Giraffe Trail - we were right by pool slide/ hot tub - LOVED the location. We had a beautiful view of the pool, but it was super quiet - 5 minute walk to the lobby and Mara.

4 weeks from today we will be checking in at Jambo!
I requested Zebra Trail...but honestly, it doesn't really matter. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #2048
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I requested Zebra Trail...but honestly, it doesn't really matter. :-)

I agree - we decided not to put any room requests on our reservation. We are excited to see where we will end up. There are no bad pool view rooms. (i think!)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #2049
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I have a pool view and request Giraffe trail. I REALLY hope that I don't get a roof view. I want to be on lobby level and the roof thing scares me
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #2050
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Hey there! Great to see you posting here!

Congrats on the August booking!

We'll be back then too -- late August/early September!
Thanks for the welcome, RachelTori.
We are going the second week of August
I am REALLY looking forward to it
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #2051
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post

Thanks for the welcome, RachelTori.
We are going the second week of August
I am REALLY looking forward to it
We'll be there 8/2-8/9!

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #2052
psac
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone,

We did a Jambo resort day yesterday. Pool most of day, lunch at Mara (good bacon cheeseburgers with fixins bar), these guys above by Arusha Rock (they came basically right up to the fence), toasted some marshmallows by the pit, appetizers up in the club lunge, had dinner back again at Mara (excellent caesar salad with chicken and wife had the chef salad), and then we had these guys waitin for us back in the room.

We did the Sunrise Safari this morning, a lot of fun and definitely worth it for those staying club. Even Simba was up and awake, and we heard him roaring.

About seven rhinos came up to the vehicle to say hi.

Very much liking our stay here!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #2053
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Hey everyone,

We did a Jambo resort day yesterday. Pool most of day, lunch at Mara (good bacon cheeseburgers with fixins bar), these guys above by Arusha Rock (they came basically right up to the fence), toasted some marshmallows by the pit, appetizers up in the club lunge, had dinner back again at Mara (excellent caesar salad with chicken and wife had the chef salad), and then we had these guys waitin for us back in the room.

We did the Sunrise Safari this morning, a lot of fun and definitely worth it for those staying club. Even Simba was up and awake, and we heard him roaring.

About seven rhinos came up to the vehicle to say hi.

Very much liking our stay here!
So awesome!! Thanks for sharing the pics!! You don't by chance have any of your room and/or view do you? :-)

Enjoy the rest of your magical time!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #2054
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

I am soo excited that my bf and I will be arriving at AKL on 6/29!!!

I have been to disney 20+ times and have yet to stay here. This is his first trip to Disney and I am soo excited that thanks to a wonderful disser we were able to rent points for a Savannah View studio in the Jambo house.

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #2055
loveshoes
Earning My Ears

Will be staying at AKL for the first time in July 22 for 10 nights with my 2 boys ( ages 15 and 16) we have arusha bunk bed room.

My first question is ....it is worth it ? do you get a better animal view in the arusha or is the savanna good enough? I am also thinking of adding the club level but what are the advantages ? since my boys are teenagers ( their first solo trip since their father passed away) I want them to be busy with things to do ( specially their age type of activities)

We have the deluxe dining but I have no reservations for any restaurant ( will the club level take care of that for me once we are there?)

Thanks

Linnette
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: