Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #1606
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
My thought: If I had rented to a family, especially one that had had traumatic/sad events recently in their lives, I would love a little photo collage with some of their trip memories. To see some of the happy moments from the trip would mean a lot to me.

Honestly - when we rent out our points, you've paid an agreed upon price and we don't expect anything else from you. Something - whether it be photos or notes from the kids sharing some of their best memories - would be more meaningful than anything else I can think of!
....how touching - and lovely.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 03-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #1607
disneyfamfromnh
Earning My Ears

Hello. After stalking this thread for a while I'm coming out of hiding. We are headed to AKL 4/20- 4/27. We can't wait!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1608
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

AKL is my favorite resort!

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #1609
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Just bought AKV DVC points and after the 2 month resale process, we finally booked a stay at AKV (our 1st stay at AKL ever). We have a 2BR-standard view at Kadani booked from December 20-25, 2013. It will be a big family Xmas trip (15 of us in total)...both SILs are also booked at Kadani and MIL/FIL are booked at OKW, but hope to move over to AKV at the 7 month window (May 20). Eldest SIL has stayed at AKV twice before and they LOVE it there...it will be a 1st for the rest of us. We can't wait!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #1610
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfamfromnh View Post
Hello. After stalking this thread for a while I'm coming out of hiding. We are headed to AKL 4/20- 4/27. We can't wait!
....YAY! Nice first post! .....oh.....and....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #1611
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Two weeks from today, I'll be sitting on my porch while the wild animals sleep....in my room. And I watch the real animals out on the Savannah. I'm SOOOOOO excited!

Congrats to Kimmar and DizDad - you guys have a GREAT trip!
Thank you ...Will do...

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #1612
gabeoak
Earning My Ears

25 days from first stay at AKL - Thanks for all the helpful info..

Hello. I started at the beginning of this thread and am about 20 pages in. Slowwwwly working my way through. Just wanted to say a big ***thanks*** to all the regulars for their contributions.

We are taking Grandma and Grandpa for their first ever visit to Disney World at the end of April. Our family's first and only visit four years we stayed at Polynesian. This time, as a party of 6, we had to do 2 rooms. So that ruled out Polynesian unfortunately.
We decided to try AKL and our travel agent said the pool view was nice for only a few dollars more than a standard. Again, had to tradeoff cost-value. Savannah was just not in our budget for close to 3.5k more for the trip.

The best news I have seen is that there are observation areas areas of the hotel and hallways! Hopefully there will be one not far from our rooms. Also saw some helpful info on the room types as we do NOT wish to have bunk beds. Did not book that category, anyway.

We just booked our trip so our dining is a bit lacking. But thanks to the generosity of a member in the canceled ADR thread I was able to get a seating at CRT for Grandma. She was one of those little girls who watched tv and would see the castle in black and white and dream of someday going to it. So I am excited to make that happen for her. I know. I know. I read the food is so-so. But it will be worth it to take that "little girl" from Wyoming into the castle. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Again. Thanks-- everyone-- for all the super helpful info. I still have a lot to read and will save any questions until I make sure they haven't been covered already.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #1613
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Has anyone staying at AKL ever asked if the could SEE another room/room type just out of curiously or future planning? We are visiting at an off-peak time and I wondered if it would be weird to ask the CL concierge or check in CM if I could see a CL suite. I never quite know how far they are from places and can't quite get a feel for layout and space even after seeing some pics, but I am not sure if CMs are allowed to show them if you haven't booked them? We are staying CL so it's not like I'm asking for access to an otherwise restricted area.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #1614
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
My thought: If I had rented to a family, especially one that had had traumatic/sad events recently in their lives, I would love a little photo collage with some of their trip memories. To see some of the happy moments from the trip would mean a lot to me.

Honestly - when we rent out our points, you've paid an agreed upon price and we don't expect anything else from you. Something - whether it be photos or notes from the kids sharing some of their best memories - would be more meaningful than anything else I can think of!
That's so great and such a wonderful idea....thank you so much! I'll get some photos of the kids having a great time and send them her way. Given how amazing the resort is, that should be pretty darn easy to do! Thank you so much for the idea....really appreciate the perspective!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #1615
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeoak View Post
Hello. I started at the beginning of this thread and am about 20 pages in. Slowwwwly working my way through. Just wanted to say a big ***thanks*** to all the regulars for their contributions.

We are taking Grandma and Grandpa for their first ever visit to Disney World at the end of April. Our family's first and only visit four years we stayed at Polynesian. This time, as a party of 6, we had to do 2 rooms. So that ruled out Polynesian unfortunately.
We decided to try AKL and our travel agent said the pool view was nice for only a few dollars more than a standard. Again, had to tradeoff cost-value. Savannah was just not in our budget for close to 3.5k more for the trip.

The best news I have seen is that there are observation areas areas of the hotel and hallways! Hopefully there will be one not far from our rooms. Also saw some helpful info on the room types as we do NOT wish to have bunk beds. Did not book that category, anyway.

We just booked our trip so our dining is a bit lacking. But thanks to the generosity of a member in the canceled ADR thread I was able to get a seating at CRT for Grandma. She was one of those little girls who watched tv and would see the castle in black and white and dream of someday going to it. So I am excited to make that happen for her. I know. I know. I read the food is so-so. But it will be worth it to take that "little girl" from Wyoming into the castle. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Again. Thanks-- everyone-- for all the super helpful info. I still have a lot to read and will save any questions until I make sure they haven't been covered already.
Don't assume that it will be terrible - I'd heard the same things and have been twice recently. For breakfast we had a good experience and for lunch we had a FANTASTIC meal. Seriously, one of my pickier friends commented that it was one of the best meals he'd ever had in a theme park (he had the salmon at lunch).... I had the pasta and it was also fantastic. Now I will admit that it was the day of the 5k we had just run and we were HUNGRY, but we were all so pleased. They did a great job. So don't expect the best and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised! And what a great thing for Grandma - she will LOVE it. The restaurant itself is just so beautiful, she'll be so happy.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #1616
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
That's so great and such a wonderful idea....thank you so much! I'll get some photos of the kids having a great time and send them her way. Given how amazing the resort is, that should be pretty darn easy to do! Thank you so much for the idea....really appreciate the perspective!
You're welcome! Glad you like my idea. You will have lots of happy photos of your kids - and many precious memories - from our beloved AKL!

And you must come back here and tell us how magical your trip was!

Quote:
Don't assume that it will be terrible - I'd heard the same things and have been twice recently. For breakfast we had a good experience and for lunch we had a FANTASTIC meal. Seriously, one of my pickier friends commented that it was one of the best meals he'd ever had in a theme park (he had the salmon at lunch).... I had the pasta and it was also fantastic. Now I will admit that it was the day of the 5k we had just run and we were HUNGRY, but we were all so pleased. They did a great job. So don't expect the best and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised! And what a great thing for Grandma - she will LOVE it. The restaurant itself is just so beautiful, she'll be so happy.
The atmosphere is so magical, the food itself is almost irrelevant!

We've had breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at CRT and I can honestly say they were all wonderful!

gabeoak: CMs always ask "Are you celebrating anything?" I suggest you tell them "yes!" When you check-in at the podium, out of grandma's earshot, tell them something about it being grandma's childhood dream come true! A little extra might come her way!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #1617
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Has anyone staying at AKL ever asked if the could SEE another room/room type just out of curiously or future planning? We are visiting at an off-peak time and I wondered if it would be weird to ask the CL concierge or check in CM if I could see a CL suite. I never quite know how far they are from places and can't quite get a feel for layout and space even after seeing some pics, but I am not sure if CMs are allowed to show them if you haven't booked them? We are staying CL so it's not like I'm asking for access to an otherwise restricted area.
It can't hurt to ask. I will be staying at AKV Jambo in a one bedroom soon together with a friend. Before booking I had read all about the different layout the one-bedrooms have at Jambo and was afraid that I might not like that layout. So when my friend was at WDW last October, he just went to the front desk at AKL and asked whether they could show him a one-bedroom as we were considering staying in one. They had no problem doing so and also explained all the drawbacks of the Jambo one-bedroom as compared to the Kidani one.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 03-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #1618
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
It can't hurt to ask. I will be staying at AKV Jambo in a one bedroom soon together with a friend. Before booking I had read all about the different layout the one-bedrooms have at Jambo and was afraid that I might not like that layout. So when my friend was at WDW last October, he just went to the front desk at AKL and asked whether they could show him a one-bedroom as we were considering staying in one. They had no problem doing so and also explained all the drawbacks of the Jambo one-bedroom as compared to the Kidani one.
...wow, how accommodating!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #1619
lucyem
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen the April movies by the pool list yet by any chance? Trying to find out the Friday movie at Jambo. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #1620
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Wow, this is an awesome thread at 106 pages since January!

Please add me to the visiting list for

Aug 21-24 Kidani
(going on to BCV Aug 24-31)

We've stayed all over WDW but this will be our first time at AKL or AKV. Hoping the animals are restless and we get good viewing from our window!

P.S. Haha make that 107 pages!
You have been added to the list....

August
Z28KatCar, July 18th - 1st, AKL CL
Anjalee6, July 29th – 3rd, AKL
The Marsons, July 31st – 4th, AKL Jambo
333disneymom, 9th-13th, AKV Kidani
Pink Flamingo, 9th – 11th, AKV Jambo
MICKEY'S DREAMERS, 10th - 22nd, AKL
Pink Flamingo, 11th – 19th, BWI
DonnaDuck333, 11th – 23rd, Jambo House
333disneymom, 13th – 19th, BCV
Ginamarie, 18th – 25th, Kidani
Disneyfool_1202, 21st, Kidani
Gillenkl, 21st – 24th, AKL
ParrotBill, 21st – 24th, Kidani
ParrotBill, 24th – 31st, BCV
rquebral, 21st – 28th, Kidani
WeCantWait, 22nd – 30th, AKL
Render, 25th – Sept 5th, AKL Disneymoon
RachelTori, 27th – Sept 3rd, AKV-CL & CSR

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: