Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #1516
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
I say Buy a good pair of Sneaks.....& Hoof it...LoL
.... the Voice of Reason...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #1517
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Just booked December 1 - 6 for a 1 BR villa, Savannah view! My DD can't wait to see some "raffes" and "zeebahs." Never stayed on site before, I have a bad feeling this trip is going to spoil me forever!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #1518
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post

Just booked December 1 - 6 for a 1 BR villa, Savannah view! My DD can't wait to see some "raffes" and "zeebahs." Never stayed on site before, I have a bad feeling this trip is going to spoil me forever!
....brace yourself.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #1519
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post

....get price - I don't think that I can use it with my DH's Chase Freedom card points though.... I'll have to check on that later....THANKS!
Hmmmm I know with my Amex points I can book any airline. I thought chase was similar? Now I'm confused

Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1520
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

ah Kim..it is so good to see you still here..and I still smile at seeing Roy in your signature. I found some old pictures the other day from when I was at WL and looking for his get-well present.

I briefly entertained the idea of staying Club Level for this trip..but just can't justify the $$$$$$. Not when I am never at the hotel for long. I would have to (gasp) stay in a value for a few nights to make up the difference and I would just rather have a week in one room at AKL then do that..

I still need pool view room suggestions!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #1521
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....I'm really hoping that airfare goes down this afternoon....please send loads of PD my way...

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
Old 03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1522
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
ah Kim..it is so good to see you still here..and I still smile at seeing Roy in your signature. I found some old pictures the other day from when I was at WL and looking for his get-well present.
...I still think about him from time to time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut
I briefly entertained the idea of staying Club Level for this trip..but just can't justify the $$$$$$. Not when I am never at the hotel for long. I would have to (gasp) stay in a value for a few nights to make up the difference and I would just rather have a week in one room at AKL then do that..

I still need pool view room suggestions!
....I don't remember our exact room number, but we were on the third floor in Giraffe Trail and it was a PERFECT location...
I've been BOO'ED!!!

Last edited by kimmar067; 03-26-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #1523
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

no bus noise??
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #1524
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohNFriends View Post
Please add me to the list :!!!

Just booked a quick quick weekend last night . I will be there April 5-8th staying at AKV.
I had 50 DVC points that expired end of May and decided it would be easier for me to go then to rent them !! Hoping my savannah view waitlist will come through for the 1st night, but a tree view in FL in Disney is always better than a tree view in IL! No parks; just food, DTD, and hopefully some

Congratulations and I have added you to the list...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #1525
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeKelly View Post

Oh you are in for a treat, and yes you will be hooked...

I have added you to the list.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #1526
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I recall reading a few posts where people received balloons (regular, helium, not the light-up) from check-in/guest services at the resorts, free of charge. Does this ever happen at AKL or are balloons avoided bc of the potential for them to "escape" out your balcony onto a savannah? I didn't want to inquire at the resort if it was a moot point.

Also, we're staying CL (standard room) on our May trip and I am seriously at a complete loss for what to request from the IPO. We have our ADRs set, and don't have any other recreation planned. When we stayed CL at WL in 2011, we were upgraded at check-in so didn't have the option of IPO. It bugs me a little to "waste" the resource, but I don't want to ask for petty things just to ask - I'm certain they're plenty busy without me! If anyone has stayed CL at AKL before and has any suggestions, I'm all ears. We've only stayed at AKL once (not CL) and didn't have tons of time to explore the resort, so I really would love any recommendations/tips. I am, of course, scouring this thread and the previous iterations as well!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #1527
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

I think you are not allowed balloons at AKL..if you buy them in the park, they take them from you and store till you leave. I have heard not to buy them until you leave the resort
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #1528
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
I recall reading a few posts where people received balloons (regular, helium, not the light-up) from check-in/guest services at the resorts, free of charge. Does this ever happen at AKL or are balloons avoided bc of the potential for them to "escape" out your balcony onto a savannah? I didn't want to inquire at the resort if it was a moot point.

Also, we're staying CL (standard room) on our May trip and I am seriously at a complete loss for what to request from the IPO. We have our ADRs set, and don't have any other recreation planned. When we stayed CL at WL in 2011, we were upgraded at check-in so didn't have the option of IPO. It bugs me a little to "waste" the resource, but I don't want to ask for petty things just to ask - I'm certain they're plenty busy without me! If anyone has stayed CL at AKL before and has any suggestions, I'm all ears. We've only stayed at AKL once (not CL) and didn't have tons of time to explore the resort, so I really would love any recommendations/tips. I am, of course, scouring this thread and the previous iterations as well!!
No balloons of any type. Also, you will find "paper" straws there - no plastic straws. The animals' safety and well-being is first and foremost!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #1529
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I remembered the paper straws from the park, but never got a lidded/straw drink at the resort so wasn't sure. Thanks for the reminder - I'll make sure to pack sippy-lid type cups for the kids so they're not asking for straws (those paper ones are sort of nasty after a bit).

Thanks for the info about the balloons, I had sort of figured that was the case and was surprised the IPO recommended going through the Disney Florist for a room decoration as most of those seemed to have balloons (and for THOSE prices I'd be pretty upset not to get the whole she-bang!).
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #1530
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

The IPOs used to do shopping for guests and have the surprise waiting in the room. We did that for our DD a number of times.

I loved the fact that we could tell them a few of DD's favorite characters & a budget and they would work their magic!

One by one, the resort IPOs discontinued that wonderful service and began referring guests to Disney Florist.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: