Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #61
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Okay sorry for beating a dead horse but I just want reassurance before I go get a Red Target card, I can go to a TS restaurant and when the bill comes in for $200 I can just hand them 8 $25 gift cards and they are okay with that? Or if I go to CS and they say $30 I can just hand them a $50 gift card and they will swipe it. Sorry for being so scared about this .
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
ladynmom94
Earning My Ears

For those staying at a Disney Resort what I did last June was charged everything to my KTW and later in my trip went to the front desk to settle my account using my Disney gift cards. Just have to be mindful of the charging limits set on your KTW card. Worked just fine for us!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #63
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynmom94 View Post
For those staying at a Disney Resort what I did last June was charged everything to my KTW and later in my trip went to the front desk to settle my account using my Disney gift cards. Just have to be mindful of the charging limits set on your KTW card.
Thats a really good idea! I didn't think of that. I like that because then you don't have to carry around a bajillion gift cards either, just lock em up in your safe in your room.

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #64
ladynmom94
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111

Thats a really good idea! I didn't think of that. I like that because then you don't have to carry around a bajillion gift cards either, just lock em up in your safe in your room.
Exactly! Worked out perfectly fine. I think I went to front desk twice during the week I was there to add more $ to our account. Wasnt a problem either time.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #65
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
Okay sorry for beating a dead horse but I just want reassurance before I go get a Red Target card, I can go to a TS restaurant and when the bill comes in for $200 I can just hand them 8 $25 gift cards and they are okay with that? Or if I go to CS and they say $30 I can just hand them a $50 gift card and they will swipe it. Sorry for being so scared about this .
Yes, they are okay with that. But I would probably try to use the $50 GCs at the TS restaurants when the bill is that high and save the $25 GCs for use at the QS locations. And as someone else pointed out, if you're staying onsite, just charge it all back to your room and then pay it off at the lobby concierge.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #66
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
Something I found out today, it takes 7 to 10 days to get your card from the time you sign up. So make sure to do this in advance!
They gave me a paper card on receipt paper to use while I waited for mine in the mail.

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #67
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post
They gave me a paper card on receipt paper to use while I waited for mine in the mail.
Us too - As soon as you sign up for the debit card they give you a temporary card from the register.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #68
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I'm not sure if they limit you. I've bought as many as 14 at once, but honestly, I've never seen them have 45 stocked at once so that may be an issue. I would guess I usually see about 30 or so there on the shelf at my particular store.
So the only limit is if you're a new card holder (Debit card specific) they put a spending limit on your account until you "establish credit" (for lack of a better term) I ran into this yesterday, however they gave me the discount and allowed me to use my bank's debit card to purchase the gift cards. (44 of them for me, pulled from two registers.) Another thing to keep in mind for new card holders.
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #69
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Sort of off topic but can you purchase a visa or MasterCard gift card at target for a larger denomination? I think it would be much easier to buy one gift card worth $500 and get the 5% off. Not sure if this is an option. I know there is a 4.95 fee for those kind too.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #70
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundo147 View Post
I work at target. Not only do i save the 5% with my redcard I also get 10% more off for an employee discount. Last year we saved over 500 on our vacation. Most stores dont have more than 25 or 30 50 gift cards in the store, but they also have 25 cards up by the registers
I'm a Target TM as well. I didn't know we got our discount on them. I'll have to try the next time I work.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

PrincesCJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #71
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Sort of off topic but can you purchase a visa or MasterCard gift card at target for a larger denomination? I think it would be much easier to buy one gift card worth $500 and get the 5% off. Not sure if this is an option. I know there is a 4.95 fee for those kind too.
The Disney GCs get the 5% off because they are considered to be "entertainment" cards by Target. The Visa, MC and AmEx GC are not. You pay the full amount plus the activation fee for them.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #72
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

I have a target debit too. I love it! Every month I pick up a Disney gift card or two to put towards my three trips next year. Here's my question; if I wanted to purchase my AP using gift cards, I can only use two over the phone, right? So can you still purchase AP vouchers at the Disney Store and then hand over 20 gift cards and pay that way?

INSTAGRAM: lmichelleee | TWITTER: laurenlovescats

ME: DH: LITTLE "ELLE":

WALT DISNEY WORLD & UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ORLANDO PASSHOLDER!

10/12 Universal Trip Report
LMichelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #73
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

I bought 40 of the $50 cards in 1 transaction last week. I was a bit nervous that it wasn't going to work or that they would block a transaction that big but there were no problems at all!

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #74
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

Yes it was the main ticketing line and then DVC member services. All said the same thing.

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #75
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien728 View Post
Yes it was the main ticketing line and then DVC member services. All said the same thing.
Hmmm. Many people posted on the DVC forums that they were able to pay for their PAPs last December by using multiple GCs. I was under the impression that you cannot use more than two different *types* of payment (i.e. You can use GCs and a credit card but not GCs, a Visa and a debit card).

The ticket booths will definitely take multiple GCs for payment. Or you can charge your APs and TiW back to your room and pay your balance off at the resort instead. I've never had a problem using multiple GCs to pay on my account.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: